Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not this year. And maybe ever if they keep releasing all of the 3 day GA tickets before the lineup is announced lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Going to my first ever music festival - EDC in Las Vegas in 2 weeks. What should I expect/bring/experience?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Killerme View Post
    Going to my first ever music festival - EDC in Las Vegas in 2 weeks. What should I expect/bring/experience?
    At least $300 in "fun money", camel back for water, vitamins/supplements (things like 5-htp to recover the brain a bit and melatonin to help sleep after being up all night), plenty of rest each night, eat good food too, don't be worried with seeing every single artist/show possible.

And as far as what should you expect to experience? If done properly you couldn't even begin to properly describe what is going to happen that weekend; "magical bliss" is how I describe it often

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

damn I'm jealous, EDC Vegas should be amazing. I've only been to the Orlando version

definitely worth buying a camelbak for that so you don't have to worry about dying/making a water run

I don't know what you would need $300 for, lol. plan out who you absolutely must see and don't worry about hopping all over the place to see everyone possible

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I'm an Insomniac Veteran, so here goes.

DO:
    • Get cash before the festival. ATM fees inside the venue are anywhere from $5 to $10.
    • Small drawstring backpack for carrying your shit you buy.
    • Insomniac Waterbottle if you have one, if not, buy one there for $15. It's allowed at all insomniac festivals and will let you get free water at the water refill stations around the venue (you can do this with regular water bottles, but the investment is worth it) On Camelbak's. They don't strictly allow them but if security is being dicks, they'll tell you trash it or go back to your car if you don't want to lose it.
    • If you're bringing in anything you don't want taken (or arrested for), sack it.
    • If you're doing the party favor thing, get B Complex Vitamins, 5-HTP, Vitamin E/C and some good anti-oxidant drinks. Don't fry your brain.
    • Test anything you might buy if you can. Dance Safe and other companies have test kits. Nothing like getting a tab and finding out that it's 2C-B later. (Oh god, the colors)
    • If driving, one DD a night who doesn't get too fucked up.
    • A word on chapstick, its explicitly banned, even if sealed. Sack it or buy inside
    • For the ladies, tampons and pads must be sealed.
    • Tickets, ID, Card, Cash. Use the card sparingly, as most vendors do not accept it
    • If JoJo Electro has a merch booth out there, go up and talk to them, tell them Harold from Austin/Dallas sent you. He'll hook you up on some good prices for his merch. You can't miss him Big Jacked 6'8" motherfucker. Shameless plug: http://jojoelectroclothing.com/

DON'T:
    • Bring any type of LED Gloves.
    • Pacifiers, any type of crazy LED shit that they may want to throw out the door. But for sure, no pacifiers, instant no entry and makes you a target for cops.
    • Bring any unopened gum, cigarettes.
    • Bring Glowsticks to throw at Bassnectar or Tiesto's set. They are willing to stop a set if shit starts going on stage
    • Be stupid about taking your party favors.
    • Bring any backpack or camelback larger than 10x10 or has more than 3 pockets.
    • Bring any sealed bottles of water or any type of liquid in the event. You'll have to pour it out.

If you're there at EDC week, go to a couple of the pool parties at the hotels. Great artists, cheap entry and tons of fun. Check out Marquee Day Club during the day, and Club XS at night.

Other misc shit. Don't overdo it. You don't want be the guy getting carted to the med tent then subsequently arrested. Take advantage of the chill areas and plan out a list of people you must see. Give yourself 10-15 mins to walk between stages for acts. Don't be afraid to look goofy dancing, and make sure you have fun. I suggest shorts/tees cause it gets hot and stays hot. Don't be afraid to go see the art and most of all, go check out the electric daisies. Here's an Album to prepare you for some of the sights and sounds, even if most the photos suck.

Must see acts: David Guetta, his festival sets are nothing like his singles. Armin Van Burren, Bassnectar, Excision, Flux Pavilion b2b Doctor P, Bingo Players, Bryan Kerney, Crookers, DJ Fresh, Indecent Noise, Loco Dice, Mark Knight, Manufactured Superstars, Sub Focus, Laidback Luke, Knife Party, Above and Beyond's Group Therapy, Dillon Francis, and last but not least:

Ean Golden, the guy that started controllerism for DJ sets. Guy will blow your mind with his sets.

Edit: Forgot a couple of acts that are must see: Hardwell, Fatboy Slim and Fedde Le Grand.

Fuck, forgot the best electro dj of them all : Wolfgang Gartner.

GATTACA!

BG Level

do not miss Eric Prydz. best evar

Armin Van Burren, Bassnectar, Knife Party, Above and Beyond's Group Therapy, Wolfgang Gartner.
    I can vouch for these

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    sack it.
    lol, tape to ballsack?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    lol, tape to ballsack?
    That or just wear boxer briefs. Gotta play it safe these days. I can't walk into a damned festival without a full TSA patdown now. Insomniac checked my damn shoes last time here in Texas. Hell, I went to VIP for the first Escape from Wonderland out in Cali. Got groped and had shoes checked. Doing that to VIP is a no-no. Then again, the open bar (they even had free absinthe) made up for it.

And yeah, Eric Prydz. Mother of god he's good.

GATTACA!

BG Level

That or just wear boxer briefs. Gotta play it safe these days. I can't walk into a damned festival without a full TSA patdown now. Insomniac checked my damn shoes last time here in Texas. Hell, I went to VIP for the first Escape from Wonderland out in Cali. Got groped and had shoes checked. Doing that to VIP is a no-no. Then again, the open bar (they even had free absinthe) made up for it.

And yeah, Eric Prydz. Mother of god he's good.
    Yeah I was just making sure that is what you meant. I had mine between my toes inside my sock last EDC, which was the last time I had a really thorough pat down. One of the chicks with us put it inside her... lol. The shit really is ridiculous.

On the other hand, they didn't check for shit at FPSF last weekend.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Yeah I was just making sure that is what you meant. I had mine between my toes inside my sock last EDC, which was the last time I had a really thorough pat down. One of the chicks with us put it inside her... lol. The shit really is ridiculous.

On the other hand, they didn't check for shit at FPSF last weekend.
    Of course they didn't at FPSF, its not a "rave". Also, texas is hippies.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Not like people aren't rolling though when the headline is always a DJ

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Not like people aren't rolling though when the headline is always a DJ
    More rock bands than EDM tho, police already beat the rockers and hippies. Now they have to worry about prostitots.

GATTACA!

BG Level

true. Tomorrowworld will be the first 21+ EDM I've been to which will be nice

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sunblock...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Sunblock...
    No need for sunblock for EDC. Its dusk to dawn.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ah, ok. Though I really meant for festivals in general. Seems to be the one thing that people forget to bring the most, myself included.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thuronn View Post
    At least $300 in "fun money", camel back for water, vitamins/supplements (things like 5-htp to recover the brain a bit and melatonin to help sleep after being up all night), plenty of rest each night, eat good food too, don't be worried with seeing every single artist/show possible.
    Thanks for the tips guys. What kind of vitamins do you specifically recommend? And should I bring them to EDC or just the hotel?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Thanks for the tips guys. What kind of vitamins do you specifically recommend? And should I bring them to EDC or just the hotel?
    This is the guide I see get thrown around a ton. However, I just recommend the 5-HTP, Vitamins C/E and B complex each day and eating healthy food with antioxidants, especially this week leading up to EDC. Magnesium if you clench your jaw or cramp alot. Even if you aren't rolling its still good and keeps your energy up, especially since you have to be up for about 12 hours in the night for 3 days. Just need them at the hotel, no need to bring any of it into the venue.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

EDC Friends, post back with pictures and your favorite acts!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

This is the guide I see get thrown around a ton. However, I just recommend the 5-HTP, Vitamins C/E and B complex each day and eating healthy food with antioxidants, especially this week leading up to EDC. Magnesium if you clench your jaw or cramp alot. Even if you aren't rolling its still good and keeps your energy up, especially since you have to be up for about 12 hours in the night for 3 days. Just need them at the hotel, no need to bring any of it into the venue.
    Thanks for the tips. Been taking 5HTP everyday since. EDC was one of the best weekends of my life. First EDM concert, but definitely not the last. Already excited for next year. It was totally amazing - exceeded my expectations.

As promised, pictures. For all you creepers, in the first pick I'm on the right in the neon green.