+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Festivals     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fuck for once I wish I lived in England. Download Fest 2012 looks sick

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/

http://media.livenation.co.uk/fido/p...8001234567.png

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Expect to be surrounded by 14 year olds at Dayglow. Paint parties are fun, and Dayglow tours with a really nice lighting and sound rig, but if you have a low tolerance for little snot nosed teenagers, I'd avoid it lol.

Then again, if you're a pedo, you'll think you died and went to heaven.

(All based on my experiences going to one of the parties, don't know if all of them are all ages or not)

That Smog vs Basshead lineup looks nice, but I wouldn't travel very far to go to it. Events that are pretty much single genre are kinda boring. If you're going to have mutiple stages or rooms, mix that shit up a little bit.

Edit: If I were going to go to England for a festival, it would definitely be Bestival, not Download.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Haven't heard of that one, but then again I'm a mainstream metal sellout and my cousin played there in 2010

If i could pick one it would def be http://www.wakarusa.com/

Pretty lights, mimosa, pantyraid, martyparty, la riots, paper diamond, big gigantic, eoto...epic as lineup in an epic ass venue. if you can afford the vip package they feed you and give you showers and shit...wish i had enough to go this year.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

mostly not my thing but definitely would love to see Atmosphere.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

if the actual reading lineup ends up being what's rumoured i think its p fantastico. THE CURE IS ALL A NIGGA NEED.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't think there's a real leaked Reading and Leeds lineup yet. The pic of the poster is fake.

Oh shit that Forecastle lineup is pretty sick. I'm hitting a bunch of Florida festivals this spring/summer (Aura music fest next week!) but I kind of want one big one to go to. Only thing that might make me say "meh" is that I'm likely seeing Bassnectar and Beats Antique up in Tallahassee in April. Fuck would I like to see Atmosphere though...

Probably going to do Electric Forest since so many friends are already going. Pretty Lights is my #1 desire but I doubt its gunna happen this summer...

Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was thinking about going to Bamboozle in Asbury Park, but there's only like three bands I wanted to see and they're all playing on different days. Shit would cost me like $200 for all three days.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Shit, $200 for 3 days? God, I don't think I've ever spent less than $1000 for a 3 day festi anywhere other than the town I live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Shit, $200 for 3 days? God, I don't think I've ever spent less than $1000 for a 3 day festi anywhere other than the town I live in.
    This.

Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That's quite a bit of money when I don't want to see 90% of the bands.

Eh, festivals are as much about discovering new bands as they are seeing your favorites...if not more so. Go in with an open mind, plenty of awesome groups out there that just haven't gone mainstream or made a name for themselves. I know (and not all that well) like 4 or 5 groups at the festival im going to in a week, but it doesn't matter.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

last summer i just picked a bunch of bands at random to listen to before lolla. fell in love with all of them

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneo View Post
    That's quite a bit of money when I don't want to see 90% of the bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    Eh, festivals are as much about discovering new bands as they are seeing your favorites...if not more so. Go in with an open mind, plenty of awesome groups out there that just haven't gone mainstream or made a name for themselves. I know (and not all that well) like 4 or 5 groups at the festival im going to in a week, but it doesn't matter.
    this^^^^^

I had the same mind set before going to my first festival, despite the fact that two of my good friends swore up and down on how amazing this [any] festival is.

Afterwards I had a wide variety of new favorite bands. I went from hating jam bands to being way to hippie for my own good sometimes. My musical palate evolved at a dramatic rate.

I'm having trouble choosing between Electric Forest and All Good this year. EF's lineup is out already and looks spectacular but I'm hoping All Good pulls out a few more healiner/late night sets; but right now All Goods current lineup isn't as stellar as last year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/wp-content/...-SOUNDSET1.jpg

Atmosphere, Lupe Fiasco, Ghostface Killah & Raekwon, Kendrick Lamar, Aesop Rock, P.O.S, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Danny Brown, Big K.R.I.T, Evidence, Prof with DJ Fundo, Action Bronson, DJ Premier, I Self Devine, Astronautalis, Bambu, J-Zone (DJ set), Medusa, Chief Kamachi, Grynch, Chuuwee, Paten Locke and Willie Evans Jr. are DUMBTRON, Villa Rosa (Muja Messiah & Maria Isa), The Tribe & Big Cats, Audio Perm, Long Doe (Tony Bones, Big Wiz & Mike The Martyr), Auddio Draggon (Gene Poole & Xilam Balam), Tomorrow’s Genius, BdotCroc, DJ Stage One, DJ Kool AKIEM, LAST WORD, Kid Cut Up, Superbrush427, DIVINCI (of Solillaquists of Sound), and Los Boogie.

Hosted by Brother Ali, MaLLy & J Pratt.

http://www.grandcentralmiami.com/ima...indish-600.jpg

Fuck Yes. Totally there, thanks MMW.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

if i were an englander i could not begin to fathom the force or the volume of semen leaving my body

http://media.livenation.co.uk/readin...est_lineup.jpg