+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Festivals     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Music Festivals

Seeing how they will be soon didn't know if anyone is going to any music festivals this year?

I have small crew so far going to Bonnaroo and didn't know if anyone from the boards is also going.

Would be nice to meet up and hang out.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I shall be doing lollapalooza regardless of lineup. woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i would like to rock bonnaroo sometime but i cant get behind the whole camping thing. i am not meant for the outdoors.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Having been to both, Lolla is definitely the way to go unless you're into heat, rain, dirt and body odor. I like showers, swanky hotels and afterparties with full bars. (Lolla is a hell of a lot more expensive if you don't live near Chicago though.)

That being said, Bonnaroo has a better lineup this year than they've had in ages, and I was sort of tempted to get tickets. Radiohead in '06 was one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Edit: The 'Roo lineup is a whole fucking bunch of playing it safe though. I've seen 1/2 of the acts on the bill in just the past couple years alone.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Not going to Paid Dues this year, but if I could, I would. http://paidduesfestival.com/

http://bringingdowntheband.com/wp-co...-Dues-2012.png

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh damn, I'll actually be up in Baltimore for Starscape the weekend that Bonnaroo is going on anyways. Other than that I'll probably just do Moogfest and Hopscotch, and maybe a couple of the smaller NC festivals that go on out in the woods with the dirty hippies and their cheap drugs.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

I have no budget to travel with a newborn this year, but if I did I would hit up one of the following:

http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/ but mainly for the Sunday lineup and ASOT 550

or

EDC Vegas (lineup not announced yet, but sure to be good)

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I shall be doing lollapalooza regardless of lineup. woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i would like to rock bonnaroo sometime but i cant get behind the whole camping thing. i am not meant for the outdoors.
    We had a nice setup last year, if we get quite a bit of people going we will have the same setup as last year. Eggs/Sausage/Bacon and all that jazz every morning with booze/weed. You still get hot but we had too much shade.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I go to lollapalooza only because I live a few minutes away from it, I fucking hate festivals but hey gotta take advantage

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The temporary Graspop lineup seems solid as ever:

http://www.graspop.be/img/kalender/G...er18022012.jpg

I'll probably go again but just one day. Hopefully, they'll put Sabbath, Motorhead, Slayer, Amon Amarth, Ihsahn & Possessed the same day.

Edit: Sabbath->Ozzy and friends. Iommi has a lymphoma.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Diamicles View Post
    I have no budget to travel with a newborn this year, but if I did I would hit up one of the following:

http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/ but mainly for the Sunday lineup and ASOT 550

or

EDC Vegas (lineup not announced yet, but sure to be good)
    Ultra has been sold out for quite awhile now. My g/f was crushed, she was convinced that she would be able to drag me out to it this year. But honestly, even though I like EDM, I can't deal with it for 3 days straight.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've wanted to see Stanton Warriors for years, and Foreign Beggars have caught my attention recently, but honestly they should rename that party to "DJs that didn't sign exclusive contracts with UMF." I'm sure the music will be great, but I'd rather party in Anchorage than Miami.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Will probably go to Buku music fest in nola for St. Patty's day. I would also like to go to EDC Orlando again

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Really tempted to hit that up, Mecca is a pretty decent club iirc. Went there for last year's Smog vs Basshead show to see Skream. I can't stand Ultra since its usually the same acts year after year, but around that time WMC usually has good shows all around the Miami area.

Mainly I'm just waiting for Coachella, which is always a blast.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Only 1 group rivals Stanton Warriors live dj sets and that is Daft Punk. The Warriors always drop bangers and often more then not a lot of white labels. Why breaks isn't bigger in north america boggles my mind. Fuck dubstep! Lol.

WMC always seems to have the better DJ's. Never really been a fan of Ultra, mainly because it's usually trance.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'd be all over moogfest if i still lived a half an hour from asheville

massachusetts has fuck all for decent festivals. metalfest has turned into a running joke the past several years, and i can't even think of any others aside from that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tomorrow All Good announces their 16th lineup. All Good has an amazing setup (A main and a secondary stage right beside one another) where you see all the shows

Last year's Initial Lineup

Based on last year I'm expecting epics things out of this years festival as well. It's moving venue locations (from Marvin's Mountaintop West Virginia to Legend Valley Ohio) but the new place has a history of awesome venues.

I have a feeling with the Gathering of the Vibes also that July Weekend we're bound to have some of the 2/3 muli-headliner nights like at Hangout, Electric Forest, and Summer Camp.

The only other festivals I'd probably hit up would be Summer Camp (three days of Moe & Umphrey's and more) or Electric Forest (Three nights of SCI and 2 of STS9 and more).

lol bonnaroo; So many bros, in the hot Tennessee heat, and only a handful of good acts

Old Merits
    BG Level

Considering i live like 20 minutes from Bethel Woods and its been totally renovated they don't get shit.....They need a music festival of some sorts.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

not trying to be a snob but the big mainstream festivals are too big for me. too many stupid people getting massively fucked up (which I approve of) and being completely disrespectful (which I don't). I'd love to do something like Bonnaroo but it's not a priority.

that said I'm doing a lot of fire festivals this year anyway, which are a whole different deal. mostly just random local DJs and more of a focus on fire dancing and workshops than partying. I'll also be doing a few of the smaller festivals around here, mostly Wookiefoot festivals if anyone is familiar with them. as cyn said, dirty hippies and cheap drugs... nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    not trying to be a snob but the big mainstream festivals are too big for me. too many stupid people getting massively fucked up (which I approve of) and being completely disrespectful (which I don't). I'd love to do something like Bonnaroo but it's not a priority.

that said I'm doing a lot of fire festivals this year anyway, which are a whole different deal. mostly just random local DJs and more of a focus on fire dancing and workshops than partying. I'll also be doing a few of the smaller festivals around here, mostly Wookiefoot festivals if anyone is familiar with them. as cyn said, dirty hippies and cheap drugs... nothing wrong with that.
    What have you seen that was disrespectful? Just curious

Let me know if you decide to do Bonnaroo. I live 10 minutes from the airport if you fly in and Manchester is less than a hour from me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast