Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Go in expecting to pay everything. You will *probably* get bumped down to a non-moving.

I've gone through the WP traffic courts before when I was younger and it's slow as bullshit for ticket dates.

Just be nice to everyone there. Worked for me the 3 times I had to go.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, by NY doesn't have a typical court for traffic offenses. Because of sheer volume and to improve efficiency, they created a specialty court that deals strictly with moving and traffic
    violations. The judges only deal in traffic. I've heard that this makes it incredibly difficult to get anything tossed.
    No, OP clarified in was in white plains, he will be in chairs in front of the judge, potentially siting next to someone in bracelets and an orange jump suit. With a chair in between of course.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just remember, as long as youre over the line before the light turns red, you can do whatever you want.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

White Plains cops are DOUCHE BAGS. Also what the fuck bro I didn't know you lived around here, you wanna get a beer?

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just go to court and explain your story, that is the best way to get it reduced or dropped. Nothing changes if you don't go. Also, if you backed up like you mentioned in your original post, you're lucky they didn't pop you for "traveling the wrong way in a lane of traffic"...

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Show up to court in a nice shirt/tie, explain yourself, politely request supervision. If you have no priors it should be no problem, unless you catch the judge on a very, very bad day. Last time I had to do this the judge had just dealt with two DUIs and was pissy as hell, and he still granted my request.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Show up to court in a nice shirt/tie, explain yourself, politely request supervision. If you have no priors it should be no problem, unless you catch the judge on a very, very bad day. Last time I had to do this the judge had just dealt with two DUIs and was pissy as hell, and he still granted my request.
    Funny enough, I bought a couple of suits today for future interviews, so I'll definitely be wearing one of them in 2 weeks at the deposition. But supervision for what exactly?

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Think he means a lawyer. Court appointed pro-bono usually and can get most legal fee's waived.

Here in D.C., traffic is held separate from criminal division and like most people suggested providing a DMV record and explaining the situation can get it bumped. 9 times out of 10, minor offenses don't even have the officer appear unless you dispute, then they give you a different date to trial. I wouldn't worry about it personally; you have a pretty decent case and though the officer may have more pull in the matter then you, most likely you'll skate with just court fee's which can run about $75-$150. Be prepared to pay something.