+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Guilty Gear XX AC+ Coming to PSN/XBLA

Reposting from the BB thread so it doesn't get completely overlooked, haha.

Okay, this is fantastic. In addition to the game’s upcoming arcade release, Arc System Works just announced that they will be porting Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus to Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network. Netplay will be included in both versions, allowing veterans to take each other on from half-way across the globe as well as usher in a new wave of prospective players. Details on the price point and release date are scarce at the moment, but we’ll be sure to fill you in as soon as more information becomes available. So let’s hear it, how excited are you for this release?
    http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/41.jpg

http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/16/netp...g-to-xbla-psn/

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=556

Fuck yeah!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

This is the greatest news since the beginning of news. GGAC is my favorite fighting game of all time (sorry CvS2), and a release with online play has been so long overdue. I really hope people that have begun playing in the SF4/MVC3/BB era give this a shot.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I've only been able to play an emu of AC, I started playing in the current generation of games but I'm a monster Ishiwatari fan, I'll definitely be picking this up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I haven't played AC specifically, but I scrubbed it up on XX and #R back during the PS2/XB days. That was the game that got me interested in 2D fighters again, kind of interested to see how I'll do with it now that I've actually improved a bit execution-wise. Is Faust any good in AC? He was definitely my favorite in XX.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Faust is like top 4-5 in AC. Dude was nuts. Unfortunately most of his bad matches are with guys higher than him, like Testament and Eddie.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've only gotten my feet wet with AC on the Wii, and it was pretty intimidating with the large cast, and the amount of options you can choose when you select a character.

Am curious if this'll use BB's netcode as it's one of my fav of the multiple fighting games I've played. Also curious if it has any single-player mode or mission trials. Not played the home versions of AC+ so I've no idea what they include.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I haven't even touched GG in years, but this is pretty awesome.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Okay with all this good fighting gameness coming out I'm going to have to fix my girlfriend's Xbox since theres no way in hell we can continue sharing mine.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I haven't even touched GG in years, but this is pretty awesome.
    Someone on BG came to one of my old vanilla GGXX tournaments at my buddy's barn back in like... 2002 maybe. For some reason I think it was you that came down to RI from Rochester, but I'm not sure. If so, good times. That's one of the things I loved the most about playing GG back in the day. Most tournaments were held in barns and basements (anyone remember TomAss from western Maryland? That guy's basement tournaments were the best ever) among other horrible venues. I'll admit the glasses that I view those times with are rose-colored, but I miss those days a lot.[/livejournal]

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yea, that was me haha. I got fourth at Maximum Barnage. That was definitely one of the more... memorable venues. Small tournament, but I remember it being a lot of fun.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...-results.1745/

I'm with you though on having a blast just going to different venues just to play some games. I remember driving out to Pittsburgh with some guy from NYC (can't remember his name, but he was a mod on gamecombos back in the day) just to go to Chacha's house and play casuals with Team Serious. I went to one of TomAss's tournaments down in MD with the Pennsylvania State College guys as well. I was down at 8 on the Break a lot and ran into the CT guys a lot there, too. I remember hanging with James/Jamie and like a 14 year old Josh before he became a FG superstar.

Being able to play games over the internet kinda destroyed all of this, but yeah definitely rose colored glasses and all.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

This will probably blow up by me, Chicago still has a huge Guilty scene.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Oh man, I was at one of TomAss's tournaments where the Pittsburgh guys showed up at like 8AM while everyone was sleeping. Tom, who had a short fuse to begin with, started his day off poorly because of that. Fast forward a few hours, and Tom was trying to fight the PA guys. After Tom claimed, "It's about to be Guilty Gear for real outside right now," C-God immediately shouted, "Can I be Venom?" Also, James/Jamie and NerdJosh was our closest competition, so we got together with them a few times a month. Shortly before James' sex change we got Josh drunk one night. He revealed that he was spending too much time with James and asked, "Is it possible to catch gay? Like... I think I'm getting it."

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yay, I wonder if that means they'll work on a new GG soon. I haven't had anyone to play against in about 3 years. The Alaska scene dried up when BB came out, and all my friends that did still play went to college or had kids.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Not sure this game will feel much like GG over the net. Did they loosen up cancel timings in AC+?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I don't believe so, but they've managed to play it online using Kailera and stuff for the emus for a long time now. I'm curious as if they'll add a slight input buffer, maybe just for online or something. ArcSys is the best at netcode IMO but BB is also made to be a lot more net-friendly than other games.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

RC timing was always pretty loose. It's FRCs that have the 1-2 frame windows. I would rather they keep those as they are and let people decide for themselves if they want to risk using them online. I mean, a lot of the FRCs in AC aren't even worth using anyway (sup crazy nerfed FRC on Dizzy's ice spike.)

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Spent some time on dustloop today, obviously there's a healthy buzz there but it's funny how many people are 1) still trashing BB rather than being glad about this and 2) assuming that the netcode will suck.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Oh man!!! I can't wait to smash all the trolls who talk shit out of their asses with cool jp videos in all the fighting game threads. Bring it! Day one buy, XnoXzempt gt.

Inb4 it's teh netcodez!!!!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Spent some time on dustloop today, obviously there's a healthy buzz there but it's funny how many people are 1) still trashing BB rather than being glad about this and 2) assuming that the netcode will suck.
    People who bullshit through their teeth and claim "I played GG!" as some kind of crutch are making pre-emptive excuses before they get put on blast.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

It's just funny to me how many act like ArcSys came to their house and forced them at gunpoint to buy all 3 versions of BB. Tons of people saying they can't wait to drop BB for good after making CSE a Day 1 purchase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast