1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'd rather be on Masamune server but if this EU server works out it will be worth the move. Unfortunately I think most EU linkshells will stay where they are and the EU server idea will be a flop, at least until V2.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It seems like it would be more sensible to direct the EU populace to a low-population merged server rather than one just for them. What's the EU server gonna do before/after primetime?

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My LS has a sizable EU population and the consensus from most of the EU players on my server is not moving to the new EU server.

They would have been better off merging 2 of the smaller servers and recommending EU players there, given the server population statistics that pop up there's not nearly enough of them to populate a single server even during prime time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think people are taking a risk if they don't move. People quit this game so fast and in such large numbers that they could find themselves in my position. Back in November I was in one of the top EN LSs on my server. By Christmas the LS was dead with almost all the core members no longer playing. I guess if their lifestyle allows them to play until 5am every night there's no real reason to move.

I don't see moving as a risk because in the worst case scenario SE will allow Ragnarok players another transfer.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

that's a huge maybe considering there is no guarantee, and even if it was guaranteed how long would it take SE to get off their asses and actually do the transfer? I think it's safer if EU just went to the most populated server. That way they have a better chance of someone always being on rather than go to the least populated server lol.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Welp, Sargatanas it is. Gonna start playing more closer to and after the merge.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Welp, Sargatanas it is. Gonna start playing more closer to and after the merge.
    Come to Durpandal, Kuro!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Not gonna move since I know a lot of players not paying for the game now that will reactivate in the future. This was my main issue with their previous merger plan. ;/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

What's Lindblum server like? That's my big question...

Server names aren't so bad though. Anything beats having to play on a server named Fairy.

I didn't know Kashuan was a server.

Which is great, actually: I probably won't even notice the merge.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Right, giving Ragnarok a go. Can't get much worse than it is now, I suppose.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

This might sound dumb, but when they say you need a "playable" character, I assume they mean you're paying for the game? Trying to figure out if I can transfer or not with my account being inactive.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I assume that means you need to be paying for the game, but if your account is inactive, you can get all the way to the character selection screen (where it still shows all characters--both active and inactive), so I guess it depends on where they ask you to apply for server transfers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Wow, Is Selbina really that populated that it would warrant not merging it?

No Selbina is not that populated. I placed the entire recent NA EU JP population in the complaints thread, since I wasn't sure where to place it. But I'll /snip a part of it and post it here:

Here are the populations from NA EU JP from a couple of days ago (This is usually unprecedented) for the JP community to take in roll calls for all 3 major peak times.

One thing to consider here. The current average of JP log ins during weekday prime time is around 10k, for NA it is around 9k, for EU it is around 6k. Yoshida did say at one point that he wanted 1500-2000 people to be the optimum number of simultaneous log ins. However, if we take the JP population since it is the highest and divide by the "10" new servers that averages out to 1k only. So it seems (at least for now he chose a much more conservative number).

Probably he did this for 2 main reasons. 1. He is hoping that with update 1.21 several folks will return and stay. 2. He didn't want to use 5 servers (which was what I estimated to reach that initial range he gave) because it would of made the merge look much worse than what it is. Going from 18 to 5 is much more harsh than going down to 10. Had he gone with 5 he would of achieved an average within that range. Example: Had he gone with 5 servers (and using the same JP example of 10k) he would of averaged 2000 which would of been the upper limit.

Words Distribution Reference During Weekdays JP

ALL  .JP  .EN  FR DE 
    1035 862 140 40 07 Selbina

The other 17 servers averaged between 350-750 for JP.

Words Distribution Reference During Weekdays NA

ALL  .JP  .EN FR DE 
    895 563 324 25 04 Selbina

The other 17 servers averaged between 250-700 for NA.

Words Distribution Reference During Weekdays EU

ALL  .JP  .EN FR DE
    644 276 282 85 12 Selbina

The other 17 servers averaged between 175-500 for EU.

The complete list is in the random complaint thread. This was just snipped for Selbina.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yea they are likely betting on people returning, and they still have to account for those who will switch servers all together.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    I didn't know Kashuan was a server.

Which is great, actually: I probably won't even notice the merge.
    We do exist

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by jwang View Post
    What's Lindblum server like? That's my big question...

Server names aren't so bad though. Anything beats having to play on a server named Fairy.
    its not bad the populace is fairly drama free outside like a few people.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I feel like that's generally the case. You have to be quite the obnoxious moron to stick out as someone to avoid in this game so far. I haven't seen much in the ways of public drama yet.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It's tempting to move to a server that already has an established EU LS rather than take my chances with Ragnarok. I'm not hearing a lot of interest in the server right now unfortunately.