+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So, I've been playing this solo for a few days and want to make sure I'm going about this correctly...

I managed to beat the first two bosses and gained access to the Gamma sector. I summoned the third boss and upon him knocking the absolute shit out of me, I realized there's no way I can deal with him alone without some serious equipment progression... which seems to be at a stand-still. I have the third tier of race-specific armor and began stepping up into the Makeshift set, but I only found a single stash of Matter in the many, many, many planets I've explored the surface of, so I only have one piece.

The best melee weapon I've found: 62 DPS slow-as-shit flaming hammer.
    The best range weapon I have: just a shitty Steel Hunting Bow that eats way too much Energy per shot
    The only techs I've found: Energy Dash & Pulse Jump. (Just now found the Butterfly one).

Similarly, I've come across maybe 5 NM "minibosses" total and the first one (Lv.1 planet) was a Legendary sword, the rest have only dropped garbage.

Is there something specific I should be doing or areas I should be exploring in order to get the materials and/or blueprints I need to equip myself better? I usually plop down onto every planet and run along the surface for structures/civilization, but every single merchant only sells food items, and pretty much everyone hates my guts (Hylotl). I wonder if the difficulty ramps up as a single-player cock-block like it was for "endgame" in Terraria...

At the moment, I'm stuck in a perpetual cycle of: Random planet > land > rape/pillage surface > find nothing good > take off > repeat.

Also, could someone PM me the ip/pw for ze serveh? :3

You should be jumping to each sector once its available. By simply going on the surface you can usually mine enough materials to gear out initial Tier of gear for that Sector, Best Weapon and 2nd Best Armor. With a little bit more mining you can have enough for the 1st best armor tier for that sector. Once you have all that its about getting ready for the boss, and eventual rinse and repeat of sector hopping. Planet hopping for Tech is pretty much where it's at, but once you have the tech you want, its kind of pointless.

The game is very limited to what you can really get out there and do with there only being 4 sectors available (correct me).

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I assume that the last several tiers will eventually be expanded to their own sectors with their own bosses and stuff

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I finally found an Avian airship, too bad it was back a sector and everything was weak. Are Avian pirate merchants the only way to get projectile weaponry? I also finally found an Avian town which had a shitload of merchants with a ton of variety, unlike the Apex who only sold food, the Humans who attack me, the Florans that ignore me and sell food, and the Glitch that attack me... I have not seen any Hyoltl besides myself at all...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I finally found an Avian airship, too bad it was back a sector and everything was weak. Are Avian pirate merchants the only way to get projectile weaponry? I also finally found an Avian town which had a shitload of merchants with a ton of variety, unlike the Apex who only sold food, the Humans who attack me, the Florans that ignore me and sell food, and the Glitch that attack me... I have not seen any Hyoltl besides myself at all...
    us Mudkips are forever endangered

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

While no 2.2k Legendary, I found a rare 2098 D.P.S. spear in a chest on the surface of a threat 10 planet. Level 10 planets are nuts - diamonds and almost every other ore in huge amounts.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah they're crazy, found a legendary grenade launcher that shoots what I believe is a pig with dynamite tied to it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    us Mudkips are forever endangered
    Ocean Planets have the Mudkips cities in them. But Ocean planets arent in game yet :3

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh lol, a few hours after being all stoked about 2kdps spear, can craft a one handed sword with 2kps, and a two handed with 2667dps. Finished all the Rubium gear/weapon, guess I should do some tech or something

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

finish impervium first

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

but yeah I'm just collecting techs and legendarys/cool unique shit now, really want the butterfly boost tech, it seems very useful, best I've got atm is gravity bubble

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So any advice on getting a good brain?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

afaik it doesn't matter what you kill, it's just a small chance to get a superior one, so if on MP beam to someone's ship in Alpha (to save on fuel)

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    finish impervium first
    Oh man I stopped after Dark Knight armor specifically because it's so easy to plow through the tech, then after I didn't see another tech after the Rubium one I was like "Well, Rubium must be the last tier" then I see Impervium weapons with like 4kdps, ugh lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BG Level

Is he referring to Starbound? If so damn that's pretty awesome.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yeah, Tiy is one of the lead devs for Starbound

BG Level

I know, but pretty rare to actually see a lead dev encourage pirating in any form.

BG Level

Bioshock Infinite skyrails in next update: https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/414093816702828544

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

thats pretty fucking neat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast