Expansion # 2 being released !

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://na.aiononline.com/echoes-of-eternity/

5.0 launching in 2 days. The game got pretty cool with 4.8 since it completely revamped the skill and stigma system. Leveling is fast until you hit a wall at 60. If you are a returning players your characters can also access the abbey which is a base with fast access to areas/dungeon entrances, easy gear and consumable access and junk to help leveling. Besides whats on the promotion page the update will also increase the level cap to 75 and character models will be updated.

Revamps more in how skills are acquired and/or how they function? Played a 2h gladiator back in the day and they honestly felt pretty clunky, but part of that was just seeing how advantaged ranged seem to be on top of CC spam.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Revamps more in how skills are acquired and/or how they function? Played a 2h gladiator back in the day and they honestly felt pretty clunky, but part of that was just seeing how advantaged ranged seem to be on top of CC spam.
    Both, you no longer buy skill books so they are just gotten by level and level up automatically, they made stigmas significantly less complicated but they still have the uniqueness factor, they introduce a inept version which are given to you through quest whenever you reach the stigma unlock level and then there are the normal stigmas which are required to use your 7th stigma skill.

They did revamp every class by removing skills and adding new ones, I remember spiritmaster was strictly a dot class at launch then in 3.0 it had burst filter between dots and now since 4.8 it has dots and burst. I know the newish classes like songweaver and gunner changed a bit too with 4.8.

I've just recently returned about 2 weeks ago and I can say the game has aged very well by easing up on old content and adding plenty of QoL features especially for returning players. The graphics are still gorgeous and the soundtrack is beautiful. Playerbase is helpful and there seems to be a good amount of people everytime im on, I haven't have trouble finding people for dungeons. If anyone is missing the game or wants to see what it's like now i'd recommend checking it out.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I havent played since launch, might try it out again

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The thing that limited Spiritmaster so much back in the day was the total limit of debuffs a mob could have on it, thus pushing our dots off.

So: did they ever raise the amount of debuffs allowable on a mob?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

God, I haven't played Aion since like 2009 when a bunch of my XI buddies and I played on the Chinese servers using some ghetto translation mod. Kind of want to DL and mess around this weekend.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Man, I was just recalling fond memories of Aion the other day... It has kind of a unique style, and I've been having gliding withdraws ever since leaving the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Been ages since I played also. I'm sure the community is still garbage, but its F2P so I may pick it up to see whats changed

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are any of the classes awful? I have my eye on Templar and the mech dude.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

How is this out on NA servers now but EU have to wait until the 10th of Aug? lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Patch Notes, 5.0 is live.
    http://static.ncsoft.com/aion/store/...tes_071316.pdf

Tried my best to recreate the before image to show off graphics differences, the character graphics changes a lot and they added new sliders and face options like eyes.
    Before 5.0

After

The exp required for 1-65 was lowered but most significantly for level 55-65. Oh and new cute emotes!

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    How is this out on NA servers now but EU have to wait until the 10th of Aug? lol.
    They are skipping straight to 5.1

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Kinda tempted to download and mess around with the new classes since I haven't played since 2009. But I also don't really care for the MMO grind anymore. Been liking things like DFO where can I just play for an hour and get something accomplished.

Joke's on me. Don't have access to the email my account was linked to anymore so can't get the authorization code to grant access. Fired off an email to support, but how likely they are to believe me, who knows.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

will be playing tomorrow with the gf, making Asmodians on Siel since that seems to be the best server for that race and she likes gothic style clothing, so Elyos was out of the question.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Haven't played this in years, but I did a fair amount back then. I mained sorcerer, and Had a full set of L30 Deava cloth set, hat/body/boots from farming that Rodent pirate ship instance, and was farming Dark Poeta before that static died and I lost interest in the game. Supercalafaragalisticespialidocious grinding game back in the day, and I never really liked the PvP, aside from the tower raids, but servers were so crappy even that ended up not being too fun as swarms would just eat each other up, if you didin't lag hard enough to miss what was going on and just end up dead.

Did they ever address drop issues at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    will be playing tomorrow with the gf, making Asmodians on Siel since that seems to be the best server for that race and she likes gothic style clothing, so Elyos was out of the question.
    Condolences on the emo girlfriend with back hair.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the mane is toggleable now :^) even then it's just something to grab on to

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I did watch a stream earlier today, and at least the large PvP was just like I remember it. Only names would load, and the game lagged like a mofo, including a large lag spike when the client first registered an enemy PC.