+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2012 Anime Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Spring 2012 Anime Season

Not the best Chart but it has all the announced TV series for Spring Season.

Larger Version
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51947296/Spr...0Season_v2.png

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fate/Zero aside, not a terribly exciting season, though most appear that way at first glance. We also have plenty of continuing series.

Apart from Fate/Zero, there's nothing I know about that I would want to watch.

Will do the usual and watch them all to see what's good.

Edit: Oh, F/Z and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, first season was good.

Zetman (I hope it's not censored or butchered since it's a dark series, rape gore etc.)
    Jormungand (kinda like black lagoon)
    Fate/Zero
    Eureka Seven

maybe
    Sankarea
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Black Belt
    BG Level

F/Z, Zombie, Tasogare Otome and Zetman are my likely picks

Nyaruko sounds either completely hilarious or completely retarded. I didn't enjoy the flash animation shorts that came out last year too much, but if they're going for an actual anime, I'd at least give it a whirl.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There are actually quite a few series that look particularly appealing to me. Winter season was kind of thin, I don't think there's more than 3 or 4 series that I watch that were introduced in winter, most of the shows I watch are continued from the fall season. Spring however, there are around 8 series that look like shows that I could enjoy.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Eureka Seven AO, Fate/Zero, and possibly Zetman. Not really a lot that stands out this season.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I see like 9 series I want to watch, but will probably only end up watching like 4.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Sakamichi for sure. Ozuma if it isn't terrible and Zetman when it's all out and subbed so I don't have to wait for new eps.

Nothing else stands out. Maybe the Mahjong anime to check for references to Akagi/Tetsuya. ZAWA ZAWA

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

How is medaka box? Nisio Isin get a free pass after katanagatari and bakemonogatari regardless of what people think anyway.

Tsuritama and Sakamachi no Apolon also get freebies for being noitamina slot anime, which are almost always entertaining. Sakamachi get bonus point for involving Watanabe.

Eureka seven...I need to pick the first season before, but I might watch.

Jormungand picture/synopsis looks decent, waiting for preview to comment further tho.

I'm probably going to pick a few more eventually, but for now, it's what struck me as potentially good.

Black Belt
    BG Level

How is medaka box? Nisio Isin get a free pass after katanagatari and bakemonogatari regardless of what people think anyway.
    That's what I thought when I started reading the manga, then I actually read the manga.

If you're fine with completely incoherent plot, 2-dimensional character, and dumbing down of science, then yeah go for it

Though I suppose I ought to be willing to give Gainax the benefit of the doubt

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post

Nothing else stands out. Maybe the Mahjong anime to check for references to Akagi/Tetsuya. ZAWA ZAWA
    Saki already has one season. This is some side story or stuff I think. I thought it was pretty nice, but you need to bear in mind that it has tons of fan service + "special powers".

Also, I'd think more people would be happy about Rock Lee adaptation

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    That's what I thought when I started reading the manga, then I actually read the manga.

If you're fine with completely incoherent plot, 2-dimensional character, and dumbing down of science, then yeah go for it

Though I suppose I ought to be willing to give Gainax the benefit of the doubt
    Medaka Box has been ranking really poorly these last few weeks, like, bottom 5 poor. That alone makes me hesitant in not only reading it, but bothering to watch any anime of it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Saki already has one season. This is some side story or stuff I think. I thought it was pretty nice, but you need to bear in mind that it has tons of fan service + "special powers".

Also, I'd think more people would be happy about Rock Lee adaptation
    I was happy when it was a short manga. Unless they do a double 10-minute ep format I can't say I'm super excited about an anime spinoff when I don't even watch the naruto anime.

Sakamichi, Jormungand, Zombie, Zetman, uhh..., Sankarea, uh... umm... hmmm... not really seeing all that much right now but I'll probably end up watching 13 anime like I always do. Just can't tell which ones right now.

I never noticed Saki was there. I watched all of season 1 and kinda liked it out of boredom. Will probably keep up with that unless it's 26 episodes then fuck that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Saki's first season was good if you like lesbians, fanservice, and mahjong. I assume this side story will be more of the same.

edit: It ended kind of randomly though in the story, hoping they eventually finish it (I assume it caught up or passed the source material or something).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, the manga was continuing further, dunno for how long because getting scanlations for it has been quite hard >.<;

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Scyred !? O_o

May have to look for that when its out, if its like the anime, will have to check it out... was pretty epic anime abck in the day. Alot interesting ecchi anime on the list overall, although I dunno if I'll watch upotte... the manga was quite weird... maybe have to checkout the cthulhu disguised as a little girl anime though just for the hell of it... O_o

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Scryed stuff is like the TTGL movies if I understand it correctly. The first one started being shown a few days ago and I guess the second one is in spring. Such a big list of animu.. i'll probably end up watching at least 8 things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast