Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    At this point, pretty much yes. Also hoping for some charts and the last rune to complete my collection.

I got my Heron Ring 2 days ago with help from Mirax, yay!
    In that case congrats and gl

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Which Moglification is the best to have? I would've thought Mega Moglification, but I have a friend arguing with me that her boyfriend insists Moghancement: Fishing Skill with full aura is better than Mega Moglification. As far as I can remember, MM with all three furnishings give +5 skill, more frequent Angler's Discernment, and a faster ability to tell if you're going to get a bite each cast.

She insists the skill level is different with fishing, and that it's only +3 with more frequent Angler's Discernment. I thought I read about the MM in either the Fishing thread or another crafting thread... but I can't find it

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Sounds like your friend is still stuck in the urat era. Full aura doesn't make a difference on skill I tested it, she can take those 35 water jars out of her MH and thank me later.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Who was it that proposed +46 skill on ebisu, I'm still a non-believer. unless some fish are really much higher than we think they are.

I know some are posting it as gospel and i think it should be up for consideration but not posted as gospel, which it has been in the past.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last page.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    2) Proposal: Ebisu fishing rod has a hidden attribute of +46 fishing skill.
    Discovered by cdgreg and shaddix: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/493...=1#post4570904

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Who was it that proposed +46 skill on ebisu, I'm still a non-believer. unless some fish are really much higher than we think they are.

I know some are posting it as gospel and i think it should be up for consideration but not posted as gospel, which it has been in the past.
    I did, and it's most certainly up for consideration, please join in and provide any data for or against it. We put in a lot of effort with the initial tests, but it definitely needs verification. This should be easier as the cap raises are we have more room for testing. However, if you're just going to come in here with no testing and say we're all idiots then I don't expect we will have much success.

I am curious, what fish may be "higher than we think they are" and what are you basing your estimate of their level on? Also, who is "we?"

Personally, I think we may be off 0~3 levels on our estimate, but there's definitely something hugely unique about Ebisu in the sense of the applied auto regen/stagnant/auto deplete.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are there any particular tests that could be made on the way up to 110? I have full GP items and gear. One test I think I'll likely do is getting a skill up from all of the 100+ fish every level to start verifying levels. It would be lovely to find some meatball fish to target again anyway.

I don't suppose anyone has a list handy of likely suspects of fish over 100, hmm? I can only realistically test 10 if I get a skill-up from each, so obviously the verified 110+ fish can be ignored.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    Are there any particular tests that could be made on the way up to 110? I have full GP items and gear. One test I think I'll likely do is getting a skill up from all of the 100+ fish every level to start verifying levels. It would be lovely to find some meatball fish to target again anyway.

I don't suppose anyone has a list handy of likely suspects of fish over 100, hmm? I can only realistically test 10 if I get a skill-up from each, so obviously the verified 110+ fish can be ignored.
    If you still have a Lu, you can see if you get the epic catch message on Titanictus at 104 skill v 105 skill. Actually, would be nice to start a little earlier than 104, maybe each level until you begin receiving the message.

Many moons ago I made a list of all legendary fish just going through this list:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fish

I have long since deleted that list, but it actually does not take long to create.

Double edit: if you hook a fish with Lu and it auto-regens you will know it's 25+ levels above you, so you don't need to stick at it until you receive a skill up.

triple edit: crocodilos are seriously F'd up. While you get the lack of skill message 50% of the time I have never skilled on them past 100, or actually past like 96ish for that matter.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wasn't saying you were idiots by any means or even saying you were wrong per say, I just wanted a little more proof is all. I just discovered that some fish really are higher than we originally thought, as armored pisces do not in fact cap at 103. I'm sorry if I came across as rude in my post, that was not my intent. I just think the matter involves a little more investigation.

What do they cap at?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

haven't figured it out yet but its over 103

edit - I will fish them until i cant lvl off them anymore to get a definite answer. They are a good fish for the angler with low inv space.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

haven't figured it out yet but its over 103

edit - I will fish them until i cant lvl off them anymore to get a definite answer. They are a good fish for the angler with low inv space.

http://s13.postimage.org/hv2ww6cp1/f...8_02_36_55.jpg

edit - Just got 104.1 off pisces.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Assuming you have a non-ebisu rod as well (even a cheap one as someone else mentioned cause you're only hooking, not attempting to fully reel in), could also help to hook one each new level and just document in a post here whether they are stagnant, regen, or deplete for both Ebisu and non-ebisu. That right there will atleast start to help build additional data point to verify things.

Edit: just make sure you document your +skill gear and whether you are using mega mog or not.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

MM ebisu, fishing gear with waders, and it is auto-depleteing.

IIRC they were depleting as low as 97 with the same gear -waders.

im waiting for you to tell me to get naked greg

tell me

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

MM ebisu, fishing gear with waders, and it is auto-depleteing.

IIRC they were depleting as low as 97 with the same gear -waders.

im waiting for you to tell me to get naked greg

tell me
    Hah get naked..., im not surprised about ebisu though. Bring a non-ebisu even a cheap ass rod just to see the deplete/stag/regen (composite?). Ebisu buff is so huge it makes things really hard to test. Sort of used other rods to determine things, then ebisu as the last piece.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

got naked, halcyon, no autodeplete, couldnt even catch it. gonna add on one by one
    +1 nothing
    +2 nothing
    +4 nothing
    +6 nothing
    +8 terrible feeling but auto deplete. (@104 atm)

any further testing requests before i beautify my mog house again?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my guess is armored pisces is 110-112.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

So lemme rephrase what you said to check for understanding: With non-ebisu - @ 102 AP's were stagnant, @ 104 they were auto-depleting?

got naked, halcyon, no autodeplete, couldnt even catch it. gonna add on one by one
    +1 nothing
    +2 nothing
    +4 nothing
    +6 nothing
    +8 terrible feeling but auto deplete. (@104 atm)

any further testing requests before i beautify my mog house again?
    +1=105
    +2=106
    +3=107?
    Autodeplete at 112? What about 111?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    +1=105
    +2=106
    +3=107?
    Autodeplete at 112? What about 111?
    Was to dumb/tired and forgot to check. I still have halcyon and can check later though. I think the main point is, looks like you can ride pisces to 110.