+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How much skill does MM give again?

edit...

so i went back to the ol' fishin hole and here's what i found.

MM+1 = stagnant
    MM+2 = autodeplete

according to wiki MM is +3 which means autodeplete begins at 109 which differs from what i found last night, so either i screwed up or wiki is wrong. Im going to take the MM out and try one last time to double check my work.

stagntant @104+6, no MM
    autodeplete@104+7, no MM

This leaves armored pisces at 110.

And wiki is wrong about MM?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

If fishing MM follows other crafts it's +5.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That makes perfect sense then.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Shaddix or Churchill or someone look this over, it doesn't seem to make any sense. Many moons I verified this with multiple fish:
    Facts verified by multiple fish:
    Fishing skill 13 and above fish cap = Auto-depletion
    Fishing skill -24 to 12 = Stagnant
    Fishing skill -25 and below fish cap = Auto-regen
    Lu Shangs has no hidden skill, it auto deplete/regens at the same levels as Halcyon and other cheap rod
    If that were to be true, why are armored pisces stagnant at 110, but autodepleting at 111? That should mean Sluggo is 13 skill above their cap @ 111 which would mean their skill is 98. We know their skill is not less than 100...

Follow up questions:
    Sluggo - verification of which rod you were using for this test?
    Anyone else - Am I looking at this backwards?

I have to work most of the day tomorrow, but I have a Lu shangs sitting on my main, I will go out and test this tomorrow night if no one else can beforehand. Damn I need to get to bed, midnight.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Shaddix or Churchill or someone look this over, it doesn't seem to make any sense. Many moons I verified this with multiple fish:

If that were to be true, why are armored pisces stagnant at 110, but autodepleting at 111? That should mean Sluggo is 13 skill above their cap @ 111 which would mean their skill is 98. We know their skill is not less than 100...

Follow up questions:
    Sluggo - verification of which rod you were using for this test?
    Anyone else - Am I looking at this backwards?

I have to work most of the day tomorrow, but I have a Lu shangs sitting on my main, I will go out and test this tomorrow night if no one else can beforehand. Damn I need to get to bed, midnight.

I was using halcyon for the test.

I want to know more about how you came to them being ~103 the last time you tested more than anything, and see what you come up with when you go out and test.

My bite rate on Haks is ~5% better once reaching what we'd loosely assumed is their level based on your testing and mine from the past, and that's with the same bait on the same character over 5 days so far. 1088/7650 Haks

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I want to know more about how you came to them being ~103 the last time you tested more than anything, and see what you come up with when you go out and test.

My bite rate on Haks is ~5% better once reaching what we'd loosely assumed is their level based on your testing and mine from the past, and that's with the same bait on the same character over 5 days so far. 1088/7650 Haks
    The only 100+ fish I ever determined exact level on were the Titanictus. However, I tested the range theory in my previous quote on dil and pterwhatevers in Nashmau. Either way, more to play around with now! Off to work.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Well what the shit, just verified that APs autodeplete at 111. So either a.) fishing got ninja'd, b.) APs are broken, or c.) all fish regen/deplete/stag at different levels. I'm going to head to Nashmau and try a quick test on Pter's

*All done with a Lu

Known cap 99
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 107
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 108
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 109
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 110
    Pter auto-deplete at 111

If I can keep my eyes open long enough I'm going to test something on Dils

Known cap 96
    Dil did not auto-deplete at 107
    Dil auto-deplete at 108
    Dil auto-deplete at 109
    Dil auto-deplete at 110

They both auto deplete at 12 over cap. We need a bunch more testing on various fish to see if they auto deplete at +12.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wooo I shook up the world! I'll keep fishing APs till I can't level off them anymore anyway just in case.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I recall back in the day, when I used to fish manta, I remember manta regenning while crabs did not - meaning there was even some disparity between monters

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Are there any other fish we know cap in the 90s? The only other "lowish" old fish I can think of is Cave Cherax but I believe they are 100+ since I think people used to fish them to cap.

nm I found this:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...ishing/Veteran

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

*All done with a Lu

Known cap 99
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 107
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 108
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 109
    Pter did not auto-deplete at 110
    Pter auto-deplete at 111

If I can keep my eyes open long enough I'm going to test something on Dils

Known cap 96
    Dil did not auto-deplete at 107
    Dil auto-deplete at 108
    Dil auto-deplete at 109
    Dil auto-deplete at 110

They both auto deplete at 12 over cap. We need a bunch more testing on various fish to see if they auto deplete at +12.
    Following up on this:

Emperor Fish
    Known cap 94
    Emperor Fish did not auto-deplete at 103
    Emperor Fish auto-deplete at 104
    Emperor Fish auto-deplete at 105

Are there any other fish we know cap in the 90s? The only other "lowish" old fish I can think of is Cave Cherax but I believe they are 100+ since I think people used to fish them to cap.
    I hit 100 on Cave Cherax about 4 to 5 years ago. I really liked the camp in QS Caves at the Fountain of Kings, because it was quite, but more important the only other thing there were Crayfish, and they wouldn't touch meatballs or a minnow, so no bait waste.

I'd be very interested in hearing if these cap out higher the 100, as they would be a great option to cap off of, or even get a chunk of the 110 cap levels on. Such a nice camp.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Feel free to help us out, just go out there and fish, if you get a skill up let us know. If you do not get a skill up after like 150+ cave cherax's let us know lol. I don't know if I can stomach doing that one myself.

Feel free to help us out, just go out there and fish, if you get a skill up let us know. If you do not get a skill up after like 150+ cave cherax's let us know lol. I don't know if I can stomach doing that one myself.
    I shall be happy to give it a night in the days ahead. I will probably wait to get my Esibu this Sunday, then toss some time at it. I'll report any skill.

If I remember the little blue guys right, they were damned easy to fish up, and only line breaks happened. Another plus for them.

I picked up the Fisher's Torque a day back, and am thinking about the rope, is there any real benefit from the Angler's sense that it augments? Or is it just a 'get all items with craft' sort of object? (and should I ask this in the fishing thread rather then here? What's the right place?)

depends on if you fish in places without any assistance that have very similar fish in terms of message and depletion

aka no

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Emp fish begin to auto deplete with Lu at 104
    Emp fish are verified to auto deplete with Ebisu at 102. We do not know the cut off of stag/deplete.

So, we're back to square one. We know that Fish autodeplete sooner with Ebisu than with other rods. The new piece of information we have is all fish do not auto regen/stagnant/auto deplete at the same level gaps. Therefore, we need to determine other methods of identifying fish skill levels 100+.

Here are some things I'd love to know:
    1.) What are some other methods of possibly identifying fish levels beyond catching them until you no longer get a skill up? I believe epic catch was one theory thrown out there?

2.) Anyone that dings into an Ebisu at 78, can you test stag/auto deplete on Ptergysus in Nashmau until you find out when they go from Stag>Auto deplete....assuming they don't just auto deplete at 78...

Epic Catch on AP occur at 94 w/Lu
    Epic Catch on Haks occur at 100 w/Ebisu
    I think Epic Catch on Liks/Gugs is also 100 w/Ebisu

Keen Angler on Gugs/Haks/Liks is extremely rare, to the point I've seen it twice in literally 10,000s of catches.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I see it fairly often on Liks. Not as much on Hak/gug though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont think ive seen a skillup on a AP that wasnt epic catch.

Sorry for opening up a whole other can of worms, but i guess it was going to be done eventually anyway with the new cap.