BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What that fish have a lvl range? Makes sense really always suspected it

Keen Angler seems to be much more common at 105/106+6+Ebisu on Haks

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    I dont think ive seen a skillup on a AP that wasnt epic catch.
    I just scanned a few logs from the last couple days on Haks + gugs. A number of skill ups occurred on Epic catch messages, but I have other skill ups from the regular "Something caught the hook!!! You're fairly sure you don't have enough skill to reel this in. Your line breaks."

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I just scanned a few logs from the last couple days on Haks + gugs. A number of skill ups occurred on Epic catch messages, but I have other skill ups from the regular "Something caught the hook!!! You're fairly sure you don't have enough skill to reel this in. Your line breaks."

For my APs they were either Epic catch, or good feeling. only got skillups on epic catches. but will keep testing

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

edit whooops

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

For my APs they were either Epic catch, or good feeling. only got skillups on epic catches. but will keep testing
    Purely anecdotal, but if you're auto-depleting and getting mostly good feeling I'll bet you're getting pretty close to AP cap. Will be interesting to see if its before 110.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Purely anecdotal, but if you're auto-depleting and getting mostly good feeling I'll bet you're getting pretty close to AP cap. Will be interesting to see if its before 110.

I'm about 50/50 but yea, skillups are slowing wayyyyy down on APs at 104.5. could just be a lull though.

Edit - call me a liar, just got a .2 on a good feeling AP

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

We could split most of this off to the regular fishing thread maybe?

edit - what about takitaro? or abaia even, though the bite rate is mehhhh

edit again - takis were gp fish, spent 3 charges on pelican ring caught about 40 of them, lots of epic catches but no skills.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

its at least 105

And 10min later

105.2 be here for awhile it seems.

Have we built a list of all the fish we know we can skill off post 100, and what we *think* caps are? It would be a useful resource that we could update as we get skill ups and such, if we could get it in one place.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Very interesting~
    I'm currently fishing 100 with LuShang and +3skill gear. I can't raise cap yet, prolly not for a few months. If I can do any testing to help with my stat let me know.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Myriads View Post
    Have we built a list of all the fish we know we can skill off post 100, and what we *think* caps are? It would be a useful resource that we could update as we get skill ups and such, if we could get it in one place.
    not afaik, right now the running list is all the fish we already knew were over 100 (haks, liks, gugs, etc,) and AP. the only way we will know for sure is to get people to test. though I think most people just want to level on what they know and get it over with (except for the people who just fish haks for gil of course )

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by douten View Post
    Very interesting~
    I'm currently fishing 100 with LuShang and +3skill gear. I can't raise cap yet, prolly not for a few months. If I can do any testing to help with my stat let me know.
    I don't understand. Once you're 100 (or maybe 98+?) you chat with rank up NPC who asks you to get an item, you goto guild point npc and spend 20k on said key item, you go back to NPC who ranks you up and he/she will ask you to go buy/sign an item to break cap. You go make/fish said item, return it to NPC who ranks you up and boom your cap is broken.

edit: @ sluggo's q in other topic, I have skilled off pelazou (sp noddy ring fish) post 100.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't understand. Once you're 100 (or maybe 98+?) you chat with rank up NPC who asks you to get an item, you goto guild point npc and spend 20k on said key item, you go back to NPC who ranks you up and he/she will ask you to go buy/sign an item to break cap. You go make/fish said item, return it to NPC who ranks you up and boom your cap is broken.

edit: @ sluggo's q in other topic, I have skilled off pelazou (sp noddy ring fish) post 100.
    Whacha @ now?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

103, but I may have gone 102>103 off Haks, not really sure.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I see. Though it's not much work I want to focus on getting Ebisu first and not breaking cap/skilling up so that's the reason for the delay. Also currently I'm building up GP for ww so my GP for fishing is 0

not afaik, right now the running list is all the fish we already knew were over 100 (haks, liks, gugs, etc,) and AP. the only way we will know for sure is to get people to test. though I think most people just want to level on what they know and get it over with (except for the people who just fish haks for gil of course )
    Okay, well let me see what I can put together here in this thread:

Haks: Confirmed good to 110
    Lik: Confirmed good to 110
    Gugs: Confirmed good to 110
    AP: Confirmed good to 106 Waiting to see if more possible
    Pela: Confirmed good to 106 Waiting to see if more possible (106 suspected cap)
    R. Titans: Confirmed good to 101 Waiting to see if more possible

Might as well try to get the info in one place.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'm still getting skillups on Hak's at 109

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

has your catch rate/hr gone up noticably at all?

I never had the stall, so i was at 100+6 prior to update, but at 110+6 my bite rate is definitely better. Catch rate seems unaffected and as normal in fishing, primarily based on RNG.

Catch rate still between 60-80% depending on the RNG. I just broke 10 lures in a row, but when I started yesterday I caught 30 fish with 4 lures ;/