Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea, I was a char, and my friend was human and we duo'd most all our story quests. Was definitely more fun that way. Like I said though, I was just curious. Most likely we'd intentionally choose different biography choices even if same race since that'd give us more varied quests and more story to see.

Wish I could use a rifle on ranger. Didnt make sense as a Iron Legion char ranger to be using a longbow/shortbow when they all about guns and shit for ranged weaponry. (would have made more sense going Ash legion as rng I guess) Love love love sword/warhorn & greatsword though.

Another question; for those mini-pets, if you stash or store or whatever the command was to make them disappear from your bags, but not destroy them, how do you recover them to use or view your collection?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    Yea, I was a char, and my friend was human and we duo'd most all our story quests. Was definitely more fun that way. Like I said though, I was just curious. Most likely we'd intentionally choose different biography choices even if same race since that'd give us more varied quests and more story to see.

Wish I could use a rifle on ranger. Didnt make sense as a Iron Legion char ranger to be using a longbow/shortbow when they all about guns and shit for ranged weaponry. (would have made more sense going Ash legion as rng I guess) Love love love sword/warhorn & greatsword though.

Another question; for those mini-pets, if you stash or store or whatever the command was to make them disappear from your bags, but not destroy them, how do you recover them to use or view your collection?
    There is a Collections tab in your bank.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ah thanks lol, didn't even think to look in the bank. Went through every menu in the ui.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Any word on if the beta client will need to be deleted for launch client or if they will just re-optimize the install through the launcher?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From press event to closed beta to BWE I had to reinstall the client three or four times. So, probably. And its something you should probably do anyway even if its not mandated.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Has ANet released any system requirements?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

gracias

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

@GuildWars2 Are we still going to have the same beta client for BWE3? And how close to launch is the full client going to be accessible?
    @xxashkorexx You will use the same client for BWE3 and at launch. ~RB2 ‪#GW2‬ ‪#GW2iscoming‬
    Looks like they're treating BWE3 as a demo.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Good, I just hope if we dont get playable Sylvari and Asura that we at least get character creation so we can tweak and be ready for headstart.

New Odin
    BG Level

So, is there an open beta? I want to try this game.

As of right now, no. There will likely be hundreds upon hundreds of keys distributed through their twitter, Facebook, and community sites so it shouldn't be too hard to get a key given a small amount of effort.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Most of them were "post a comment with a SILLY ANSWER A-HYUCK HYUCK! WACKY" and get a chance to win one of 20 keys a week later, but I was patient and waited for a better one. They gave 200 keys to MMORPG.com, which is a terrible site that NCSoft has used before for aion stuff so I had a login (or two...). Logged in on two computers, pressed "Get Key" and got two beta keys for the last two people in my group of friends who hadn't bought the game yet. So, patience.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got myself a Curse code so going to download the client tonight. What way will this Beta weekend work? Does everyone start out at 0 again or those who have been involved before still got all their characters and achievements.

Im in EU so will i be specific to the EU or if the majority on here roll on a US server can i join up to get a better feel for the game?

Thanks

They haven't said if previous beta characters will be wiped or not yet. If they add the Sylvari and/or Asura races for this beta though, they would probably want people to test those areas out so a wipe is a possibility.

Boom. http://www.arena.net/blog/play-asura...-weekend-event

Confirmed playable so lets just see if they will wipe.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I thought they did confirm a few times throughout the year that a wipe will happen before launch?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Read a quote of a quote somewhere saying that the BWE3 client and the launch client will be the same client.
    To me it sounds like a wipe to me. I was going to delete 4 of my 5 characters anyway. lol

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes, they'll wipe before launch. Will they wipe before next BWE, though, since there are two new races? Hmm. I wouldn't especially care, I'm going to be trying out both, which would mean new characters... but I wouldn't mind keeping my old stuff either, like my apparently-infinite-use master salvage kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast