I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

No, you're still gay

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Is this game worth picking up now that it's cheaper? I used to play original GW. Thank you.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

The journey to 80 is pretty fun, but endgame is kind of lacking. Most content they add is temporary.

Anyone want to give me a quick rundown on what PvE archetypes are viable for Warriors these days?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So with this account-wide wallet I can dump all of my karma pots into, is there anything else the pots might be used for, like a crafting material? And transmute stones as well?

BG Level

I don't believe I've ever seen karma pots being used as a crafting material. As for transmutation stones, they're depreciated and you gain transmutation charges upon use.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I loved ffxi because I could customize numerous skill based gear sets for one job and build some depth. ffxiv bored me because it seemed like everyone is on a one rail track to the same exact gear set based on job. I actually also missed serious grinds like relic, early salvage, trial weapons, mythic, etc. because it felt like an actual accomplishment. Similarly, I used to enjoy clearing content with small groups of 2-4 friends on a regular basis like salvage, limbus, and abyssea.

GW2 is on my short list of games to try. Based on what I mentioned above, is it something I will enjoy, or more ffxiv based where you cannot be a unique snowflake? If not, any other recommendations?

BG Level

Each class has 6 trait lines and you can select 3 active lines at a time. Here's a quick example of Guardian's trait lines:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_guardian_traits

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Each class has 6 trait lines and you can select 3 active lines at a time. Here's a quick example of Guardian's trait lines:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_guardian_traits
    Thanks for the info, out of curiosity, if you were just starting out and preferred mage jobs to melee, what job would you start out as?

BG Level

That I don't know. I main Guardian and never played anything else except that, Engineer, and Thief. The 3 mage classes though are:

-Mesmer
    -Elementalist
    -Necromancer

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All of the light armor jobs incorporate a lot of melee oriented abilities and traits, GW2 doesn't really have defined archetypes like usual RPGs in the respect of mages/tanks/melee/etc.; an Elementalist uses the most magic and has the most varied arsenal of "spells", but they often use daggers and the like to deal damage. Mesmer is more about misdirection, using your phantasms to deal your sustained damage and applying boons to your party while inhibiting the enemy, however outside of PvP it's also pretty much all about melee range weapons. Necromancer is a mixed bag, but it has very few ranged damage options in general and, once you get Reaper, becomes a melee powerhouse.

If you want the most "magelike" experience, go for Elementalist.

BG Level

Yeah I should have been more clear that there isn't a real caster class like XI/XIV where you stand back and nuke with magic.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's been a long while, but as a Mesmer, there were plenty of situations where I was the last person standing, and could slowly solo a boss, because I knew how to play my class and avoid taking damage. GW2 is really about picking a play-style and getting good at it, and they are all action based, so you won't find a BLM like class, where you plant your feet and cast your long spells. You're going to be moving around, dodging, and smacking thing at range and melee, with varying focus on range/melee, no matter which class you play.