Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What he probably means by profitable is that the DEA consistently goes into Native American land which is supposed to be sovereign from the USA to yank whole fields of industrial hemp because it falls under the same laws as medicinal. On average they get paid around two bucks from the government per plant that they haul in.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

No one ever talks about the legal side effects of the war on drugs. Every time you read in the news, "law enforcement can now do x", it's a damn drug case.

Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Anetheron

Not sure how this will go, I plan to vote for it...
    But the lawmakers here have been cracking down on dispensaries with lame laws(can't be close to ANY school.. etc) and there is only one bank that a dispensary can use now, and I think in March they drop support, at least that is what an owner of a dispensary has told me. If that is this case I don't know how you run a business without bank support.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I would like to see MJ legalized and all other harmful drugs decriminalized. The people abusing other drugs should not be thrown in jail - they should be getting treatment.

Unfortunately, this War on Drugs employs and lines the pockets of too many people for this to go through easily...

Banned.

BG Level

Colorado, fuck yeah! Loads of my friends are growers or run dispensaries so this is huge. Some of them got fucked over on owning a legit dispensary after some bullshit backpedaling in the state legislature on requirements and legalities.

Not sure if this will pass this year but it's a great step forward.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    It's also sad that, even with all of the proof, Portugal really can't be brought up in a political context because the Republican piranhas will eat anyone alive over the fact that the country's economy is tanking "because of programs like that".
    Fun fact: It is estimated that leaglizing all recreational drugs would save us a total of approximately 90 billion dollars per year, between the extra tax income, and the eliminated enforcement costs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Fun fact: It is estimated that leaglizing all recreational drugs would save us a total of approximately 90 billion dollars per year, between the extra tax income, and the eliminated enforcement costs.
    But then we couldnt fill private prisons using government subsidies with non violent drug offenders.

Oh wait, i fail to see the downside.

Seriously though, you can make any substance illegal, then tomorrow there will be an entire black market devoted to the cultivation and sale of said substance, and all the people involved now branded criminals.

Prohibition creates crime.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

God I hope New York jumps on this bandwagon.

Though I wonder, however, how this sort of legislation will affect drug testing for EMPLOYMENT. Companies don't test because the government forces them to. Wonder if they'll be so keen on employing people who fail a drug test for THC, regardless of its legality. How long will it take for that stigma to disappear?

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Considering that some hospitals and workplaces are turning away applicants who smoke tobacco now I don't see legalization or decriminalization ending drug testing for it.

This shit needs to stay banned, and all the drugs that aren't need to be banned as well.

I dread the thought of a world where it's legal. People are already corrupted enough, there's no need to make the list longer.

Word, and bring back the 18th amendment too while we're at it so we can have another mob movie renaissance in ~40 years.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so in your mind, if heroin was made legal, you would go out and start shooting up

If you smoke marijuana, you will kill people.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    This shit needs to stay banned, and all the drugs that aren't need to be banned as well.

I dread the thought of a world where it's legal. People are already corrupted enough, there's no need to make the list longer.
    Ah yes, because drugs make you corrupt.

Here's a hint. Crime and greed make you corrupt. Drugs fuck with your head (psychadelics) or sedate you (marijuana, salicylates).

I'm not for legalizing EVERY drug, but I am for legalizing recreational drugs that grow naturally. Synthesized drugs release fumes and are carcinogenic and are harmful to more than just one person. That is why I oppose legalizing drugs like meth and crack. They need to stay illegal and heavily regulated just for public safety.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic View Post
    so in your mind, if heroin was made legal, you would go out and start shooting up
    I know I would. I always follow the law and have longed for the taste of legal heroin in me veins.

In all honesty good luck CO. I hope someone (wish it was California last year) will get the ball rolling on these retarded ass laws. The big hurdle they will face is Obama. On yet another one of his flip flop policies he will have the feds step in and enforce federal laws. For those that don't know California has had legal medical marijuana dispensaries for a long time (not going to google and find the date). Obama had said when he took office that he wasn't going to use federal resources to enforce the federal laws, but yet again, flip flopped and said that he would be using federal resources to ban legal medical dispensaries. I love how Obama chooses to selectively enforce one federal law over another.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    Obama had said when he took office that he wasn't going to use federal resources to enforce the federal laws, but yet again, flip flopped and said that he would be using federal resources to ban legal medical dispensaries. I love how Obama chooses to selectively enforce one federal law over another.
    Has he done this other than the Washington raids, where they determined
    The dispensaries singled out by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration were essentially operating under the state's medical marijuana law to conceal criminal activity, U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan said in a statement.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7AF0BN20111116

Serious question - how widespread has the DEA raided distributors under Obama?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Interesting information, although even if you were a Colorado resident if this passed, you certainly wouldn't want to be smoking dope if you wanted any kind of security clearance or government job. Just because it would apply to that one state doesn't mean that you wouldn't be judged harshly for it in every other state.

Banned.

BG Level

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...ey_creepin.gif

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Are you fucking retarded? Do you have any idea how profitable drugs would be and how much of an economy boost we could get if we legalized pot? Shit, alcohol causes more deaths/year and has more problems associated with it than weed does, but the only reason that we see all the negatives is because big tobacco/alcohol producers have enough money to make anti-pot commercials/propaganda, and pro-legalization for weed campaigns dont have the resources/money to keep up.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

co confuses me with it's flip flopping. they have some of the most open med pot legislation, and at the same time they keep flip flopping. i won't be surprised if this doesn't get the vote, also won't be surprised if it does and then is restrained some way the next year.

pertinent link: http://www.krdo.com/news/30556088/detail.html

Serious question - how widespread has the DEA raided distributors under Obama?
    considering he promised to not waste any money on raids, the ones that happened were too many. and that too close to school thing is kinda bullshit as they decided to change the rules and then raid those in violation of the new rule as far as i understood it.

the federal government just needs to get it's head out of it's ass and stop this stupid war.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag