+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

I live in Boulder and even without the law you couldn't go a day without smelling weed somewhere. Same thing when you go to the bars at the ski resorts especially in places like Steamboat, there's always people smoking up outside. Never really seen owners, or cops give a shit. I'm pretty pissed as all the potheads gonna get even more in your face with this shit.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm tha Fineass View Post
    There's some speculation that if the Feds intervene in CO and WA other states will step up and make their stand and essentially create a domino effect of ending prohibition in other states. And some people think Obama will give zero fucks and let it slide because he's not trying to get re-elected.
    So essentially, if the Feds intervine in CO/WA, other states are going to push for legalizing weed? Sorry if I misunderstood, I just wanna make sure I read your post right.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    So essentially, if the Feds intervine in CO/WA, other states are going to push for legalizing weed? Sorry if I misunderstood, I just wanna make sure I read your post right.
    That's the theory anyways. I need to find that article that said that it explains it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I live in Boulder and even without the law you couldn't go a day without smelling weed somewhere. Same thing when you go to the bars at the ski resorts especially in places like Steamboat, there's always people smoking up outside. Never really seen owners, or cops give a shit. I'm pretty pissed as all the potheads gonna get even more in your face with this shit.
    Eh, no more than the cigarette smoking crowd. At least this smells good/not bad and doesn't kill you

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That would actually be super interesting to see happen, granted it would be a shit show(but in politics, what ISN'T a shitshow?).

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    With the big Democrat victory, I doubt that Obama is going to start enforcing this and bring negative attention to the Democrats. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn CO and WA into case studies in crime correlations.
    Obama already did this in California last year, I don't think he'll have any qualms about these two either.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's going to be interesting to see how it's played out. I know at least in the bay area, people have been blaming Obama for the dispensary raids over the last 4 years. I don't smoke it, don't care if others do, I just think it should be legalized.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's also his 2nd term he doesn't have to worry about people going "fuck him he likes drugs" and not getting re-elected.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Eh, no more than the cigarette smoking crowd. At least this smells good/not bad and doesn't kill you
    Weed smells good? Most weed I smell smells like skunks. Granted I'm not huge into smoking it so maybe people just have bad weed and I can't tell the difference. But I still wouldn't say weed doesn't smell bad. The not killing you from second hand smoke part is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    It's also his 2nd term he doesn't have to worry about people going "fuck him he likes drugs" and not getting re-elected.
    Yeah, but he does have incentive not to fuck over the dems and have an automatic republican victory in 2016

Banned.

BG Level

Keep in mind when Eric Holder was appointed his initial stance was to not interfere in the states who legalized medical marijuana. Some political shuffling and bravado changed that. You have to take into consideration the DEA budget cuts looming if prohibition is lifted.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah, but he does have incentive not to fuck over the dems and have an automatic republican victory in 2016
    Do you really think it would seriously fuck over Dems that bad? Especially if the Federal gov't made marijuana legal and made bank for the US(helping us get out of this god awful debt)

Edit: sorry, I see your point and agree, I'm just asking how bad do you think it could fuck Dems if marijuana was legalized federally.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Weed smells good? Most weed I smell smells like skunks.
    ^ I can't stand the smell (don't smoke either, but I think it should be legalized). I'd kinda want there to be some public restrictions like smoking has even though it doesn't hurt second hand. I just really really hate that smell.

Blackice

With the big Democrat victory, I doubt that Obama is going to start enforcing this and bring negative attention to the Democrats. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn CO and WA into case studies in crime correlations.
    This. CO and WA just became the front running guinea pigs to a national audience. Over the next year we'll get to see first hand how this plays out and will likely determine the outcome for the rest of the country over the following years. I live in WA by the way, while it's exciting that we've passed 502; residents need to be very careful with how they proceed. For one it doesn't go into effect until Dec 6th and then the next year will be spent hashing out the details. Don't expect to be buying any weed from a store anytime soon.

The biggest detail that many seem to be glossing over in this "OMG LEGALIZED!!" moment is the new DUI stipulations. If you're pulled over and a cop has any suspicion that you may be intoxicated, you'll have to submit a blood sample which they're looking for 5 nanograms of THC in your blood. What is 5 nanograms? It's next to nothing. If you're a regular smoker yet haven't smoked in a few days, it's very likely that you'll still be over the 5ng limit. This hits the MMJ patients the hardest, and I-502 has ZERO exemptions for patients. So it's going to be rather easy for a cop to camp out of a known dispensary and then just nail people on the way out (not with a possession charge, but a DUI instead). With that said, there has been no conclusive evidence that proves the point of impairment with THC blood content levels and any pot smoker knows that THC stays in your system for a decent amount of time depending on the person (hours, days, weeks, and for some, months.)

Needless to say, I-502 has many items that need ironing out.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Marijuana needs to be regulated like a mix of alcohol and tobacco regulations. Since it's use has different effects from the two and are enjoyed in almost the same environments.

- Shouldn't be allowed to smoke marijuana outside like you can cigarettes unless otherwise specified. <-- Like alcohol
    - Shouldn't be allowed indoors in public areas unless otherwise specified <-- Like tobacco
    - Not allowed at work unless otherwise specified <-- Like alcohol

Banned.

BG Level

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/2...ent-64-passes/

DENVER (CBS4) – If it passes, Amendment 64 could have the U.S Justice Department suing the state of Colorado.

Amendment 64 would legalize the use and sale of small amounts of marijuana, but it would still be a federal crime. Now the Justice Department says it’ll be watching the Colorado vote closely.

The Justice Department’s stance came out of an in-depth look into Colorado’s marijuana industry. On Sunday, “60 Minutes” will air a lengthy investigation into Colorado’s marijuana industry. For drug enforcement agencies, marijuana has not been listed as a high priority, but the Attorney General’s Office indicates that it may become a legal one of theirs.

“60 Minutes” spent months looking at Colorado’s marijuana business. What won’t make air is an outtake from an interview with Deputy Attorney General James Cole, who leaves the door open to pursue the state in court should the amendment pass.

“I think our posture is the same as it’s always been. That we’re going to take a look at whether or not there are dangers to the community from the sale of marijuana and we’re going to go after those dangers,” Cole said.

“Marijuana prohibition has completely failed in all of its goals,” Betty Aldworth with the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol said.

Aldworth says they’re undeterred by the possibility the Justice Department might sue the state with their potential win.

“We are not in any way obligated to continue the failed policies and we anticipate that the federal government will respect our state’s right to do so,” Aldworth said.

Opponents say Amendment 64 will tie Colorado into an expensive legal battle, similar to the one Arizona faced with their immigration bill, which was largely overturned by the Supreme Court.

“This confirms what we’ve been saying all along,” Laura Chapin with No on 64 said. “It puts Colorado in direct violation with federal law.”

The campaign to legalize wants marijuana regulated like alcohol. But unlike prohibition, which ended in a federal amendment, Amendment 64 asks the state to go it alone and run against federal laws.

Critics say the sentiment from the “60 Minutes” interview is proof Amendment 64 will eventually fail and could be expensive for the state.

“We can’t afford this right now. We have so many other things that are budget priorities for Colorado,” Chapin said.

The most recent polling shows Amendment 64 with 47 percent support. That’s compared to 38 percent who openly oppose it. The amendment is heavily compared to a California effort to legalize pot in 2010. That effort led three months before the election, but was soundly defeated on Election Day.

Never considered a federal lawsuit as opposed to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Marijuana needs to be regulated like a mix of alcohol and tobacco regulations. Since it's use has different effects from the two and are enjoyed in almost the same environments.

- Shouldn't be allowed to smoke marijuana outside like you can cigarettes unless otherwise specified. <-- Like alcohol
    - Shouldn't be allowed indoors in public areas unless otherwise specified <-- Like tobacco
    - Not allowed at work unless otherwise specified <-- Like alcohol
    I completely agree. I don't care when people smoke in their own homes or away from others. However, the problem we're facing now is that the weed smokers will smoke everywhere and anywhere with no regard for others. It's a huge problem in apartment complexes and hotels around here. Pot smell lingers for way longer than cigarettes and weed smokers dont recognize it as smoking so they smell up non smoking spaces. I personally cant stand neither smell though I smoked both in the past.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

“Federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly” —
    John Hickenlooper, governor of Colorado

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    “Federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly” —
    John Hickenlooper, governor of Colorado
    Jack in the Box is ready

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SAcv_Cf590...nchie_meal.jpg

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I completely agree. I don't care when people smoke in their own homes or away from others. However, the problem we're facing now is that the weed smokers will smoke everywhere and anywhere with no regard for others. It's a huge problem in apartment complexes and hotels around here. Pot smell lingers for way longer than cigarettes and weed smokers dont recognize it as smoking so they smell up non smoking spaces. I personally cant stand neither smell though I smoked both in the past.
    I wouldn't worry about hotels. At least in California all hotels are smoke free and if your nailed for smoking in them, it's like an extra 200 bucks a day plus a $150 clearning fee so they can sterilize the room. Not sure about other states though such as CO as I haven't travelled out of state for vacation in about 10 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag