+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Now supports mods, as long as you adhere to Maxis' rules

SimCity now supports mods, providing all mods created adhere to guidelines set forth by Maxis. The gist is this: don’t mess with the multiplayer or foul up the integrity of the gameplay; keep it ESRB E10+ and PEGI 7; don’t use copyrighted material; and remember that the SimCity EULA and EA’s ToS “supersede these rules,” according to PC Gamer. Meanwhile, in post a on the SimCity forums, the firm reiterated it’s still looking into offline mode for the game.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/11/simc...maxis-are-met/
    http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/ar...ng-and-simcity
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/10/ma...-offline-mode/
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9906128.page

Hilarious stuff.

What if I create a SimCity Mod?

We encourage you to create new content and other Mods for SimCity. If you do, we’d like the opportunity to promote or distribute it too, without further compensation to you. Or in the words of our lawyers:

Distribution of your Mod in any form constitutes a grant by you to EA of an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify and distribute that Mod (and derivatives of that Mod), and use your name if we choose to, for any purpose and through any means, and without obligation to pay you anything, obtain your approval, or give you credit. You also agree to promptly execute assignments confirming this license upon request from EA.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hey guys, remember shit like this?

Well...

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/ar...line-is-coming

Still not touching it with a ten foot pole.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Well...

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/ar...line-is-coming

Still not touching it with a ten foot pole.
    Let’s get right to it.

SIMCITY OFFLINE IS COMING!

I’ve wanted to say those words for quite some time, so my apologies that I didn’t take the time to say Happy New Year first.

Yes, Offline is coming as a free download with Update 10 to all SimCity players. When we launch it, all of your previously downloaded content will be available to you anytime, anywhere, without the need for an internet connection. We are in the late phases of wrapping up its development and while we want to get it into your hands as soon as possible, our priority is to make sure that it’s as polished as possible before we release it. So, until then… testing, testing and more testing. As one of the final steps, we’re putting Offline into the hands of some of our most hardcore players, the DevTesters. This group of volunteers is going to put Offline through its paces before we release it.

In Update 10, you can still play solo in Regions on your own, or in Multiplayer with people from around the world. What’s new is the Single Player Mode, which allows you to play the game Offline by yourself. And because your saved games in this mode are stored locally, you can save and load to your heart’s content. Our team will be delivering a follow-up blog that will outline the full details in the near future so stay tuned.

So what does this mean for the Online game? All of the benefits of being connected will remain including access to Multiplayer, the Global Market and Leaderboards. And all of your pre-existing saved cities and regions will still be accessible should you log-in to the Online game.

Bringing the game Offline means big things for our wonderful community of Modders. They can now make modifications to the game and its components without compromising the integrity of the Online game. Modding is a big part of our studio’s legacy and we’re excited to see what you guys create. Check out this thread to learn about Oppie85’s Central Train Station, which you can put into your game right now, and if you’re interested in making your own content take a look at the Modding Policy. To get you started, we will be rolling out a series of tutorials from the studio that surfaces how we’ve created some of the content that you’ve seen so far in hopes of inspiring your creativity.

So that’s it from me for the time being. Keep an eye out for more information on Offline shortly. We’ll be releasing more information on how it all works. And as always, get in touch with me on Twitter @EAGamer, I’m always eager to read your feedback.

From me, and everyone at the studio, thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to getting Offline for SimCity into your hands as soon as possible.

Ridill
    BG Level

Unless single player mode lets you build one giant city instead of still requiring multiple tiny cities, I'm still not in.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Unless single player mode lets you build one giant city instead of still requiring multiple tiny cities, I'm still not in.
    See that's just the thing, a year into the debacle it's not as if they're apologizing for what they did and I promise you they haven't learned their lesson. Expect the same DRM bullshit again in the next title. By spending dev resources now removing all the parole officer DRM bullshit they have recruited a volunteer army of mod makers to put in all the features they were never willing/able to do. I promise you a mod is going to surface that gives you terraforming or huge cities. Meanwhile EA has a year's worth of online metrics as market and focus group research and doesn't have to touch the SimCity 5 codebase ever again, while it collects $40 from people who buy it now excited by the offline mode and full mod support.

Don't forget, EA is in the running for another Worst Company trophy.

Honorable Mention to Polygon, no doubt

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Absolutely absurd.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob View Post

Hilarious stuff.

What if I create a SimCity Mod?

We encourage you to create new content and other Mods for SimCity. If you do, we’d like the opportunity to promote or distribute it too, without further compensation to you. Or in the words of our lawyers:

Distribution of your Mod in any form constitutes a grant by you to EA of an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify and distribute that Mod (and derivatives of that Mod), and use your name if we choose to, for any purpose and through any means, and without obligation to pay you anything, obtain your approval, or give you credit. You also agree to promptly execute assignments confirming this license upon request from EA.
    Wow, that wording. I thought this was an intentionally caustic paraphrasing until I clicked the link.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Modders already managed to do that. The problem is, the game simply does not work with larger cities because the entire gameplay is based on having multiple, small ones.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Wow, that wording. I thought this was an intentionally caustic paraphrasing until I clicked the link.
    It's standard boilerplate for publishing community content. You'll find similar language on Facebook's TOS. If you post something to Facebook, their servers then broadcasting that to your friends (or the public) is an act of copying and distribution, and you give them the right to do that without getting paid or recognized.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Offline mode finally implemented. Finally.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/ar...for-pc-and-mac

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Great, now I can get back to doing what I always wanted to do: never touching the game again, lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Call me when the cities are larger.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Call me when the cities are larger.
    Pretty much.

Forcing people to only use multiple cities is just not working for me. It is nice to have options in games and not just be forced to play using their one method given.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

now they don't have much excuse to not add a new gamemode for single player only that allows you to change # of cities/city sizes or just lets you build one gigantic city.

All the things you wanted, coming soon, one year at a time.