Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would expect Venom to be R and Carnage to even more fucked up. Sucks.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Had to look this up but found http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...s-anchorman-2/ 3 versions but only 1 in theatres.
    I saw the supersize cut in theatres. I don't know if the releases were simultaneous but it definitely did get played.

This does not surprise me in the least. I was hopeful but apprehensive when we got the first trailer, but it seems like literally every news on this movie is another nail in the coffin. There is too much studio, trying to imitate MCU going on. Eddy is the "good nice" side of Venom that doesn't want to hurt people, you can see in the trailers by the end he will be fighting the "evil symbiote that's just copy of hero", now they want the movie PG-13. Not to mention they want to have a bunch of other Spidey villain movies for their own universe. You think studios would learn you can't just copy MCU and make a billion dollars but oh well.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

They should have learned “hey Logan did well and was R”, we should copy that and go hard R to stand out. Instead they made the worst decision possible.

You cannot, in absolutely no form or fashion, have Carnage in the sequel with a PG-13 rating.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not going to be even a little bit upset when this fails. The worse this does, the higher chances of it being done right and fighting against Holland in the MCU.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They should have learned “hey Logan did well and was R”, we should copy that and go hard R to stand out. Instead they made the worst decision possible.
    The argument against that though has always been "it woulda made more wit da pg-13 rating! REEEEEE"

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

omg i'm dyin

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ Internet wins again!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Not going to be even a little bit upset when this fails. The worse this does, the higher chances of it being done right and fighting against Holland in the MCU.
    pretty sure the whole point of them sticking to a PG-13 rating is to allow for Holland to cross over with future Venom movies, as the MCU is unwilling to produce R-rated movies

If it does poorly, then sure- Feige will likely say it's not canon within the MCU. But that will also likely mean that we won't be seeing any Venom character with Spider-Man in the near future.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    pretty sure the whole point of them sticking to a PG-13 rating is to allow for Holland to cross over with future Venom movies, as the MCU is unwilling to produce R-rated movies
    This was sony's plan. Feige and noone else with Marvel ever said this was something that could happen though lol. There's no way Feige is going to say Venom is part of the MCU if he didn't have a hand in it. Sony is just being dumb as fuck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Feige has more recently given vague answers as to whether or not it is or isn't- it seems pretty clear that he's waiting to see how well the movie does, though I think he is currently leaning on "no."

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the character being introduced sans Spider-Man, but I'm willing to give it a chance even with a PG-13 rating, which isn't nearly as limiting as people are implying. The Dark Knight was PG-13.

There was an interview when Venom was first announced with Amy Pascal and Kevin Feige where they were asked if Venom would interact with MCU and while they a straight answer wasn't given Amy Pascal is saying how they would like them to interact and Kevin Feige looks like he wants to die and is just think "Shut up, shut up bitch" to her.

Found something

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    There was an interview when Venom was first announced with Amy Pascal and Kevin Feige where they were asked if Venom would interact with MCU and while they a straight answer wasn't given Amy Pascal is saying how they would like them to interact and Kevin Feige looks like he wants to die and is just think "Shut up, shut up bitch" to her.

Found something

That's really reading into his "reaction"...doesn't even look half as sad as sad Batman.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I took his response more as a "haha we'll see"

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Are people still up in the air about this? The TV spots lately have been pretty good.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It has been confirmed as a PG-13 rating and is about an hour and a half long.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No foreplay huh, they get right to the point apparently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Early, early reviews(mostly from people who saw the premier and took to twitter) are ranging from very bad, to normal bad, to meh, to all right.

Apparently it's also a thing that Lady Gaga fans are giving fake reviews to try and get her new movie more attention when it comes out this weekend, though? Idk. I'll wait for more solid non-twitter reviews regardless - not that I'm expecting this movie to be amazing, anyway.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The Lady Gaga movie has one of those arthouse film plots so I completely expect it to get good reviews from critics regardless of how good an average audience would find it.
    Venom, on the other hand...I can't say I expected any better. Probably not gonna go see it.

"arthouse film plot" what lol, it's a movie that's been remade like 3 times, its a pretty standard plot