+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Venom (October 5, 2018)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yea his accent sounded kinda weird to me too.

It looks kinda meh and bit bog standard, I think the only potentially interesting thing the film might have is the relationship between Brock and the symbiote.

Other than that it just seems like corporate bad guy does bad stuff go punch his goons.

I like Tom Hardy, but everything about this looks bad. I'll repeat what was said above and if it gets good reviews maybe, but it feels like they're trying way to hard to be "Hey look at us we're having them say we arent we great?! now give us all your money."

Also agree, Sym bi ote made me cringe.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think the one shining part about this was that the sym-bi-ote has its own personality, and has conversations with Eddie, and refers to the two of them as "we"

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    I think the one shining part about this was that the sym-bi-ote has its own personality, and has conversations with Eddie, and refers to the two of them as "we"
    The fact he said "we" already makes this better than Spider-Man 3's Venom.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

With just what we've seen, this could be a possible franchise. The CEO antagonist is Carlton Drake. In the comics, he is the head of the Life Foundation, which takes the Venom symbiote and creates more from its seeds. That seeming happens in this movie. This could set up battles with other symbiotes in not only this most, but also in future movies, leading to a Venom vs Carnage battle.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The trailer does show 2 separate containers with symbiotes in them, so for all we know this movie could be a setup for Carnage or have some sort of Venom vs 'other symbiote user' where the final fight ends with the other user being defeated but his symbiote escaping and the secret clip after the credits is a prison break or something hinting at a big sequel or etc, etc.

He's gotta have some kind of symbiote-enhanced enemy to fight in the movie, possibly the woman that you see break out and seemingly contaminate him in the trailer.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Someone from the evil business will wear a symbiote with 15 minutes left in the movie. Theyll spend a minute or two fucking up the city or taking a hostage. Venom will go save the day and the last minute of the movie will be him and the symbiote both monologing for the camera while we watch him go into hiding or something. After credits scene will be Sam Jackson throwing his eye patch in the garbage and yelling Fuck this shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So how many movies until (MCU) Spiderman vs Venom?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    So how many movies until Spiderman vs Venom?
    Should never happen since Venom isn't MCU. Sony is just trying to trick people and keep pretending its connected even though Feige said fuck nah

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Should never happen since Venom isn't MCU. Sony is just trying to trick people and keep pretending its connected even though Feige said fuck nah
    Somehow I don't believe this will be the case forever. You know they're gonna want to bring Venom into spideyverse (But Marvel Studios might never let the bridge extend into the not-sony MCU). I'm gonna stop thinking about this since it'll give me a bigger headache than Deadpool/X-Force.

I'm down with this trailer though.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Suit looks wonky even if the transformation is cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen some news reports and people claiming the suit looks good but idk CG looks pretty bad to me. However I think that is a core problem with the symbiotes. I really don't know how you would make the symbiote suits NOT look like bad CG.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Suit looks fucking awesome. I think it’s setting up for the sequel to have Carnage and Spidey. It will be funny if one of the worst written Marvel movies is the one that has the two best actors: Hardy and Woody. Hard Wood, hehe.

Going to guess that Carnage doesn’t show up until the very end or even just post credits.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dunno still hard for me to get on board without the symbiote being attached to Peter first so it's even aware of how to use spider like appearances.

It's an alien space monster, I don't think it really needs an excuse to have sticky tendrils goin everywhere.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

From the trailer all of Venom's powers look to be non-Spidey related powers. T-1000 weapons, camouflage, etc
    Alternate origin story, I got no problems. Easy enough to have the symbiote merge with Peter in another movie.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I want this to be good, but the trailer is not inspiring confidence.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Does not look exciting. Looks like a cash grab.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast