BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Posted on their youtube video.

Just so we're clear: We're still working on DBZA in the meantime. We're just making sure that things on all sides are handled while we prepare for the season finale, and due ot many contributing factors, it's impossible for us to promise when the next episodes will drop. Thank you for your patience, and we really look forward to sharing our love for DragonBall with you again.

Ep 60 is season finale. Gonna be insaaaaaaane.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DBZA may end after the cell arc

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/statu...58964481892352

maybe

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wouldn't be surprised team four star is in a very different place now then when they started the cell saga.

Would be sad if they can't finish DBZA, it's honestly one of the best things to have ever happened for DB and a lot of my current enjoyment of the series is based on things I just think about randomly from having watched it so many times.

Youtube is also pretty shitty these days from what I hear so I bet that's putting a lot of people off. I hope we still at least get a Bojack movie though.

Can't complain too much about guys not doing something I wasn't even paying for so it is what it is.

From the way it sounds, until more is clear expect the end of the Cell saga, probably not this year though and nothing else. It's not like they're planning on ending but they'd rather say it's a possibility then claim they'll finish DBZ and then get slapped with more copywrite claims.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't they also have a deal in the works? Maybe that'll take time from DBZA

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also gotta remember that Funimation is now part of Sony so copyright strikes are more likely then ever. The latest update sounds like the same old song and dance though TFS took on way to many projects and its affecting one their originals.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Also gotta remember that Funimation is now part of Sony so copyright strikes are more likely then ever. The latest update sounds like the same old song and dance though TFS took on way to many projects and its affecting one their originals.
    A bit, but to be fair literally everything they do BESIDES DBZA makes them more money. Plus the Hells dub is an official project.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    lmao jesus, not even part 1 in the next 3mo? sheesh.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    A bit, but to be fair literally everything they do BESIDES DBZA makes them more money. Plus the Hells dub is an official project.
    They stopped treating it as such years ago when they took on other projects. With their popping Patreon, side gigs, and nonDBZA work running simultaneously, they have been caking it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Weird, because aside from their abridge/parody work what else do they do that's actually good?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Weird, because aside from their abridge/parody work what else do they do that's actually good?
    Aren't a few of them professional voice actor's now? And they just got given a movie to do the entire voice work for I think.

I'm surprisingly ok with this. a 90 minute finale is fucking huge, thats 9 episodes worth of content. So it'll come out a little slow, but since they normally only do 9-10 a year anyway, it won't be that much slower than normal lol.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    They stopped treating it as such years ago when they took on other projects. With their popping Patreon, side gigs, and nonDBZA work running simultaneously, they have been caking it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That makes sense to me though. I would assume they aren't allowed to make money off DBZA with it being someone elses intellectual property and all. Same with the FF Abridge.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    That makes sense to me though. I would assume they aren't allowed to make money off DBZA with it being someone elses intellectual property and all. Same with the FF Abridge.
    Eh, it's a gray area of law. Parody doesn't have to mean non-profit, although the potential negative impact of a parody to the original IP holder can be a factor

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lets be honest long periods between episodes is nothing new. I only get annoyed when they promise to do better and never deliver which has pretty much been always.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Aren't a few of them professional voice actor's now? And they just got given a movie to do the entire voice work for I think.

I'm surprisingly ok with this. a 90 minute finale is fucking huge, thats 9 episodes worth of content. So it'll come out a little slow, but since they normally only do 9-10 a year anyway, it won't be that much slower than normal lol.
    Yeah a couple of them are background voices in dubs and some vo work in xenoverse 2 etc

A big chunk of their work lately has been Twitch streaming. They do gaming streams and just started a DnD stream. They actually like Twitch more than Youtube just because it seems to be easier to do what they want. I enjoy watching them on Twitch. I get game streaming isn't everyone's jam but I find them entertaining enough. As for the Hells dub. It's an official dub of a movie and they're allowed to do it "In house." meaning they got to pick the cast and there didn't seem to be an issue. I know at least Lani is a voice. Kaiser is writing the dub. They also apparently are working on several projects they can't talk about yet. One of them apparently being one of Taka's "dream projects."

For those interested. https://go.twitch.tv/streamfourstar They maintain a pretty good schedule. Usually have one show every weekday at 6pm CST. Tonight is their "casual Friday."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    good ≠ money
    hits = money

Their fanbase from DBZA trusts them enough to bandwagon onto all their other YouTube ventures.
    TFS gaming has a bazillion subscribers, and generates tons of ad rev for them. Just hours and hours and hours of them sitting around playing video games.

Funny you say that because if they could make money of DBZA it would be all of the above. But that's the thing, I think they could generally write/do whatever they want and it would be funny.

Personally I tried to watch their other stuff and it wasn't really interesting or funny at least compared to their parody work. I'll definitely still watch whatever stuff they do but only when they do it, since I was only interested in that but I was genuinely interested in why people liked the other stuff or even what it was because what I generally saw wasn't great.

I think they're keeping too many interesting things under the belt and just shoving promises down our throat without much to back it up and after so long it does get annoying.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag