+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Editing lip movements and adding new animations to existing vs a whole new art style. I mean, you can claim it's BS all you want but just search the history on reddit of random episodes getting DMCA'd by Toei Animation. 90% of DBZA Abridged is using existing animation with some edits and a new script, which while completely legal under fair use and parody, Japan gives zero shits about. I mean Part 2 of Episode 60 was down for about 3+ months off of the official TFS youtube channel. I believe it was Episode 9 of HSA that was also nuked for a month or two.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Yes but when you look at their model it's literally based on taking something that already exists, telling the same story, and throwing great comedy in there.

It's non-sustainable.
    Ah yeah I didn't see the model as like that, so that's a fair point. I was thinking that without TOEI on their asses and that making footage is relatively simple, combined with just the need to script and voice things, it'd be a bit smoother to produce over DBZ/any abridged content. But yeah good writing and voicing is still a fair bit of work I suppose.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have great respect for what the guys did with edited footage. It's time consuming and they clearly had an eye for melding the new material into the old existing footage.

In the end, I'm sure it's about time versus benefit. The time they have to put into editing and creating the videos doesn't pay back with all the issues they have hosting their material on websites for cash.

Ridill
    BG Level

In hindsight their best bet probaly would have been doing this all new content while they were still releasing DBZA.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Surprised no one posted this.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/end-of-dbza-33758684

The End of DBZA

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

They never should have said they were continuing.

It was great while it lasted.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

3. Our YouTube channel is our primary source of revenue. While the Patreon absolutely has helped us with several new projects (episode 5 of Unabridged is now in the can, and we continue filming early February), the lifeline that sustains the company is our main channel.

Copyright claims have put us at risk of losing that channel, and our livelihoods in jeopardy. We have our employees to look out for; our friends, our colleagues, and doing right by them—by striving to create original, monetizable, copyright friendly content, that also carries our heart and soul as creatives—is undeniably important
    Right there. The stuff creators could do a decade ago on Youtube is rapidly being chocked out by greedy ass corporations that somehow think they're losing a dollar to some fan created work(s).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not surprised, but this is the feeling I got basically at episode 60 and I think the real letdown is that it took them this long to make it official.

Hope they do well in the future.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You know, the shitty part is I feel like TFS Is the reason we have Super.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Gentlemen.. it's been a privilage fighting with you all.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm alright with this. They gave me a free 11? years of entertainment. All things are designed to end. They don't owe me (or anyone, except patreons, maybe) anything.

DBZA was amazing. Their other content I haven't enjoyed. I wish them luck.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Thanks for calling out how stupid the anime industry is, and how much better the writing and pacing could be. Your #16 flashback was the best thing to happen to DBZ in years. Goku is a goddamn moron and I hate his type of character these days, but its alright because I love the series overall. Luffy is a far better "eternally young, selfish protagonist" type, as he actually grows and changes during the season, yet still retains his sense of self. You've shown me just how torn TOEI is between continuing a story for its own sake vs. selling all the merchandise that ever existed by forcing the main character to do everything; to finish every fight; to give every superman speech that really doesn't fit his character, for the sake of a "hero".

You guys were awesome. I'll still watch FF7 abridged because its hilarious. The other stuff? Best of luck!

DBZA shows how characters should grow and evolve over the course of a series, whereas DBS shows how a character (HELLO GOTEN AND TRUNKS) will never change because money.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure if anyone's been keeping up with the DBS manga, but three words: "Honorary Interplanetary Policeman"

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Never forget Hellsing Abridged. I need to rewatch that come October.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Mr. Popo > Zeno

Change my mind.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit