+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    I doubt there's going to be that many weekends, anyways.
    yup I doubt they will make us pre-purchase 6 months in advance lol

Starting to sound like a June or July release.

I'm saying... July 17th. It speaks to me.

Spoiler: show
    That's definitely not my birthday or anything.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hope they change the once a month BWE. I'm clinging with hope on their following statement: The schedule is subject to change and will be confirmed at a later date.

That would be very odd to have only 3 days out of the month for beta testing. I hope they change it to every other week. Personally I see anywhere from 2 to 4 BWE's... but that would mean 2 to 4 months of testing (unless they change the schedule). And that would mean anywhere from a June or July release at the earliest.

O:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Have a strong feeling their beta weekends are gonna be basically what warhammer did. pure promotional and just for stress testing

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

haven't they said as much? I remember them saying people don't want a beta they want a demo of a finished game, or something to that effect.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I hope their beta is a little more successful than warhammer though. That was a bug fest.

It's pretty much true, the majority of the people I see wanting to beta test just want in to get an early peek at the games.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Irohuro View Post
    It's pretty much true, the majority of the people I see wanting to beta test just want in to get an early peek at the games.
    Or to figure out what profession/race they want to be.

I'm still undecided and rather not waste the 3 day head start rerolling 5 times.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

WHY ARE THEY TORTURING MEEEEEE

Maybe they think if they make us squirm that we'll all rush out and buy the CE. /lolnope

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It seems like they have a complete schedule but don't want to give a release date until they see how some of the bigger betas go.
    More than likely NCsoft wants to see where Blizzard plans on dropping MoP. They definitely have a planned schedule going forward, but the information that comes out of Blizzard in regards to MoP next week will most definitely determine where they are going to drop GW2s release. I dont think they care about SecretWorld or Tera... Id love to have seen them drop the game on GW's anniversary, but a mid June release would be a lot better than August.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

MoP will drop in November to January.

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    snip
    That seems like a huge hassle to get a physical collector's edition. Just ship me my goodies directly dammit!

I really don't want to have to deal with GameStop to get the CE...

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So, on one hand I want the book/art prints (art books is usually what convinces me to buy CE's). On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to pay $150 for it........ guess I have till the 10th of next month to decide, but $100 I wouldn't hesitate, but $150, that not so sure about. Knowing me I'll end up paying it anyway, I do love my art from those CE boxes.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    I'm not too experienced when it comes to digital editions of games other than through Steam. Can you download a game on multiple computers with a digital edition? I plan on getting a new computer in the summer but definitely want to get the game and begin playing on my current one if it comes out before then.
    Its an MMO account, you are not paying for the software you are paying for the right to use the service. So you can install it on as many PCs as you wish. You will only have the access to play on your single account.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    MoP will drop in November to January.
    If you truly believe that Blizzard is this stupid, I have a bridge to sell you. I still believe August is the latest we will see MoP. Which is months later than it should be. NC and Arena.net are going to be looking to see where MoP lands and stay as far away as they can. While Blizzard can not afford to do the same.

I honestly don't think they care about wow subs since GW2 money just comes from sales. I think if they hype enough and they get enough box sales it really wont matter what Blizzard does. People will get both if they are interested, since only one requires subs. WOW and GW2 really are not competing in that sense.

Yea, GW is in its own league I think, since it's only B2P.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

They won't be competing from a subscription point of view, but from a genre and time perspective, they will.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Arena net doesn't care about MoP. Can guarantee it.