+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

There are PLENTY of people that are interested in both GW2 and D3. They may not be the same exact type of game, but they are still games; and to some people, quite pricey.

I just think that people who want both will get both and will play both. One may dominate a persons time more than another but they're different enough that I don't think it's going to be as much of an issue as it would be as say GW2 or TOR or WoW or TERA.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Not so much of an issue would indicate that maybe there is still an issue? I agree that it's not going to determine the success or failure of either game. Just that there would be an impact on sales for both if they were released in the same week. The impact might be marginal. I have no idea. It's there though.

If they were the same week release I could see it being an impact. But I think it'll be more like 1-2 months between release dates.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I agree. Even one month apart would be negligible at best.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since I'm a broke college student, D3 and GW2 coming out at the same time would directly impact which one I picked up. I'd want to play Diablo 3 but my itch for a MMO is terrible. HOWEVER, since D3 is now coming out before (it seems), I can grab it and work a little bit and then get GW2. This works perfectly as I can waste my time in Diablo 3 while I wait.

Well, unless they only do a month of beta testing after they allow people to pre-purcase I don't see them coming out in the same month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

There is no way GW2 will see a release around the same imminent time as D3. Will at least be 1 & 1/2 months to 2 months later. It's not even D3; TERA is also being released around that time and it doesn't make financial sense to clog up that month w/ another big release online game. It's much more intelligent to give them 1-2 months down time before they release GW2. Nor does it seem like they are in a rush to just toss it out the door, so not worried

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh yeah, I'm expecting GW2 to be June-July. I was just saying that if they were going to come out together, it would've prevented me from picking up D3 until a later date.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

So I stopped into my Gamestop today after picking up some groceries. Wasn't expecting them to be taking the Collectors Edition pre-order yet (not on their site), but they were. Put the total amount down and the guy told me once they got the pre-purchase codes in, they'd give me a call.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well I hope for your sake that GameStop is one of their "Select Retailers". I will wait till April 10th just to be safe.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    Well I hope for your sake that GameStop is one of their "Select Retailers". I will wait till April 10th just to be safe.
    When has Gamestop not been one of the retailer for big launches?

I think it's pretty much guaranteed. Their database isn't controlled by the chain, it's managed nationally. If the CE is in their system for pre-order, that's concrete enough for me.

I remember when the XIV CE was announced and a week later, it still wasn't in Gamestops database.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have had nothing but terrible experiences with GameStop. It's always something with my local one. If they are not giving away your reserved copies they are taking beta codes and giving them to their friends. Maybe your local place is better but the ones near me are both trash.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

*Edit

Oops.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    I have had nothing but terrible experiences with GameStop. It's always something with my local one. If they are not giving away your reserved copies they are taking beta codes and giving them to their friends. Maybe your local place is better but the ones near me are both trash.
    Really? I have had neither one, and now that beta codes are put on the actual receipts and not on some card they are giving away, i don't think they can just give them to friends anymore.

I had Best Buy give away my prepurchased ME3 CE, but lucky for them, that thing is far from a CE and more like an "Everybody Can Get" Edition because every brick and mortar got sent like 200 copies it seems.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Really? I have had neither one, and now that beta codes are put on the actual receipts and not on some card they are giving away, i don't think they can just give them to friends anymore.

I had Best Buy give away my prepurchased ME3 CE, but lucky for them, that thing is far from a CE and more like an "Everybody Can Get" Edition because every brick and mortar got sent like 200 copies it seems.
    Just for an example. When Aion was coming out you were given a CD that had the beta code inside. They were given to anyone who had per-ordered the game. I wet in to get mine the day they arrived and the "were out" (this was about 8 months after I paid in full for the game) . The next day I hear than the manager was selling them to people. Just shit like that and it happens all the time. I use Amazon now for pretty much everything.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah, that was one of the incidents that caused them to computerize all their preorder bonus codes. I am sure they could still "sell" them if they wanted to but their computer system would make it a lot harder now. They still may reach in and take out your Origin codes or some BS like they did with Deus Ex though. lol

All in all, I havent had a bad experience with Gamestop in a long time. Other than them refusing to sell the ME3 CE after a certain date and then selling them without preorders on day1 pissed me off. Having to go with BestBuy for my CE for that game angered me. Luckily the 20$ best buy gift card I got made it worth wild. I do agree that going with BB or Amazon has become the better idea, due to their giving of Gift Cards or Credits for further purchases. So I got a 79.99$ game and a 20$ gc from BB and when I picked up my FF13-2 the month before from Amazon i got 20$ credit from them as well + the Amazon only preorder bonus. Toys-R-Us.com is selling popular games for 39.99 preorders at times as well. More and more the only reason you have to go to Gamestop is the preoder codes. Even then you can just do what I did for 13-2 and ME3... buy the game, get the code receipt and return the game.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm still torn between prepurchasing the Physical CE versus the Digital CE. If the statue was just about any other race than Charr I would be jumping on the physical, but I am so not a "non mithra" cat person fan. I do have to give it up to Anet. The first female mmo model in a long time (if ever) that does not have boobs. If only Blizzard did that with Pandas... I mean its pretty ballsy considering...

It was either 6 boobs or none. I love Anet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast