+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

It's a pretty big difference. The original Ys III was a side scroller sorta like Zelda 2 in a sense, but Oath in Felghana is an enhanced remake of Ys III that pretty much redesigned the game and gave the overall story more depth.

For comparison, here's Ys III on the SNES:

Oath in Felghana:

As for how it's pronounced, even though it's pronounced like "ease", I just pronounce it "whys."

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's not ease. More like eece. Long E. Rhymes with fleece.

BG Level

It's out no. Go go go!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oath in Felghana on sale for $5

Ys Origin on sale for $12 GOGOGO

Alternatively, wait until the 23rd because there's a chance OiF and Origin's can get even cheaper.

Granted, I don't see OiF being less than $5.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Oath in Felghana on sale for $5

Ys Origin on sale for $12 GOGOGO
    If you consider yourself and RPG fan and don't buy these you should feel bad and need to line up so I can beat you with a sock full of quarters.

Oath is Felghana is crazy awesome at 5 bucks. Played through it before but why not buy it at that low.

Bought origin at full price so meh.. Oath is the better game though, in my opinion. (Though maybe that's just my nostalgia goggles from playing Ys III on the SNES)

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Bought Oath in Felghana when it launched, I am broke until Monday.. so hopefully Origin gets marked down again but if not I am still buying. I already beat the piss out of it on Nightmare with both Yunica and Hugo, still haven't played through with the "Claw".

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob View Post
    Oath is Felghana is crazy awesome at 5 bucks. Played through it before but why not buy it at that low.

Bought origin at full price so meh.. Oath is the better game though, in my opinion. (Though maybe that's just my nostalgia goggles from playing Ys III on the SNES)
    Origin is purely if you want some backstory to the whole Ys stuff, the game is good (better music in some spots than III/Felghana) but it's mostly the story lol. I do like the Arena mode in Origin though.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Love how you can choose to play as Adol from Ys OiF or VI in the Time Attack/Arena. They actually gave him his special move that you see in Ys Seven. Lunar Dragon Blade I think? Big pretty lazer.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Origin is purely if you want some backstory to the whole Ys stuff, the game is good (better music in some spots than III/Felghana) but it's mostly the story lol. I do like the Arena mode in Origin though.
    While this is true, I also think it has more replaybility than Oath did simply because you have 3 characters to play through as. Playing through with Claw was pretty fun. Although I'll admit Origin does spoil almost all of Ys Chronicles.

I just hope we get Ys VI on Steam sometime. I really want to try it, but not sure if I should break down and pick up the PS2 version or attempt the impossible and find a vista edition of the Japanese PC version.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I played Origins back when it originally released in Japan and waited years for the fan translation (which did come out eventually). Guess now I'll be able to actually know wtf is going on.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think Ys VI is the hardest out of the entire series. Adol is nowhere near as OP as he is in Oath in Felghana. No teleporting, no double jump, no kind of speed boosts, no physical change to armor. They really kept this game simple, but it makes it much more difficult. Nightmare is damn near impossible.

The ONLY kind of edge you get is the HP healing items but you only get 3 at time IIRC.

BG Level

Pretty much like Ys Seven in a sense. I really need to play through that on Hard mode. Just sucks how shafted you get in the final fight for the first form.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I know this is sorta unrelated but

I'm hoping this gets the Ys Oath/Origin/VI treatment on PC soon. (In the same style as those.)

BG Level

Sadly I doubt it. Other than the DS version, all remakes of Ys I/II were "bumper car Adol."

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh god.. shut up and take my money Falcom.. and Sony because I have to buy a Vita!

Xseed plz. Plz Xseed. I want this game so bad.

BG Level

The amount of want right now.... If this does well hopefully we'll get a remake of Ys V as well. If that happens and we see a Steam release of Ys VI, I'll be happy.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

^Hate to break it to you but Konami basically owns Ys VI here in the states. I don't know how long that shit lasts. .. Xseed should be the rightful company to publish all Falcom games, Konami did not even try to establish the Ys series in the states outside of VI, actually they didn't even bother including the numeral. Konami dropped the ball and need to pass it on over (Ys VI) to Xseed.

VI to me is more than likely the most difficult (on Nightmare) because of how limited Adol's abilities are aside from 3 weapon/element choices... but that's about every game. The only edge you get is healing items, which are reduced to 3 on Hard and above. No overdrive, no double jump, no teleport travel, no speed boost, Adol only, final destination.