+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From what I saw in those videos. I absolutely love how they're doing npc interactions.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    The first person perspective will draw people yes. However the lack of real raid content will deter just as many if not far more.
    Yeah..first question I'm always asked about new games; "Are there raids?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    From what I saw in those videos. I absolutely love how they're doing npc interactions.
    First vid was pulled, but sarcasm?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't see why it would be sarcasm considering the NPC interaction system seems incredible, certainly don't think it's been done in an MMO before. In case you don't know, NPCs/Enemies will react to you and your party dynamically, just because an NPC hates your friend doesn't mean he'll hate you, a band of brigands may attack your party member but will ignore you because you're on good terms with them, cosmetic costumes like pirate outfits actually disguise you and pirates won't attack you, etc.

This all ties into the game's enmity system too, so how it ends up working out will be interesting to see.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was really surprised at how NPC interactions are done. I like it a lot. Different for an MMO, but not for an elder scrolls game. It's nice, and if that's evidence of how they're doing this game then I just got a lot more excited to see the rest of it.

I am intrigued, flanking enemies not bad, animations are horrible still though =/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well hot damn. I was thinking the game would have to be like, 30% skyrim, 70% wow clone for this game to even work at all. That video makes it obvious that its like, 90% skyrim and 10% mmostuff.

Faith restored. I want this game now.

Oh, and they need to show that video like in an official way. Wide camera angles of people running and swinging their sword without any context of what the player sees didn't do us any good. That cam vid does.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The First wave of Beta invites went out today, anyone get lucky ?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...ta-invitations

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

NO LUCK >: (. I saw people say "Don't think you're getting skyrim online" yet saw an interview with the lead pvp designer who says "This is skyrim online". I'm excited for it, loved oblivion/skyrim

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Why would anyone would play a mmorpg that was releasing after the year 2012 that has extremely shitty graphics, art style, character models, animations, zone environments and other art assets is beyond me. Game companies think they can get away with using a game engine that's over 10 years old and hiring art developers that don't possess any artistic qualities or any skill whatsoever and save very huge amounts of money in the development process so they can turn a bigger profit. I understand the whole argument of gameplay is more important but you can't disregard the fact that a 10 year old mmorpg (FFXI) has much better art assets than ESO.

^ I have no clue what you are smoking but I want some..

FFXI having better art assets than ESO is a joke right? Have you looked at any of the recent footage? lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    ^ I have no clue what you are smoking but I want some.. .
    http://perennialreflection.files.wor...5/haterade.png

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A wild butthurt appearred, like literally from out of nowhere...

But seriously, on the topic of ESO, there's this article here I enjoyed reading:
    http://shadowedmare.com/elder-scrolls-online-combat/

The more I see/hear about ESO the more excited I get for it. It may actually end up being better than I thought it would be.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I didn't expect anything less from elder scroll fankids defending their shit tastic looking game, those graphics, character models and that art style must be really pretty to your eyes made of crap turds that are only capable of seeing stuff that looks like crap. It is a fact that FFXI has better art assets than ESO and the differance is like nite and day. If you say otherwise then it's like saying American cartoons are better looking than anime. I just freaking LOL at you retards. Now bring on more comments that have absolutely no constructive points that can argue against the very valid points that I have made.

I know you are little kids because your avatars, signatures and behavior related to your posts strongly suggests so. If anyone says anything that resembles something bad about something you like then you throw a temper tantrum.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As somebody who really doesn't even want this game to exist...

You're retarded.

I've never played an elder scrolls game...and trust me I'm far from being a kid. I wish though. please define what your idea of better art assets is if you don't mind eloborating?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I've never played an elder scrolls game...and trust me I'm far from being a kid. I wish though. please define what your idea of better art assets is if you don't mind eloborating?
    Are you really that incapable of looking at the obvious? Pull up a fucking video and compare the two.
    The art style is better, the building construction is better, character models are better, the mobs are better, gear is better, environments are better, everything is better looking. ESO looks like some rat shit you'd find in an old Resident evil game.

Maybe i'm the only person here that actually knows what quality art (in this case: art assets) actually looks like?

As somebody who really doesn't even want this game to exist...

You're retarded.
    I'll give you this response since you're desperate for attention and acknowledgment.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler for big:

Somebody forgot to take their pills today. Anybody else find it hilarious that his signature is very relevant?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

ROFL you just posted a picture of a cutscene you fucking dumbass. Retards can't even post in game fucking gameplay because they know it'll make their game look like shit so they try to pot some cutscene shit lol.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ok, I think we're done here.

Agito does this in every thread they occasionally show up in. Nothing to see here, folks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag