Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Agito does this in every thread they occasionally show up in. Nothing to see here, folks.
    I don't do it on purpose, it's just how I feel like I have to deal with people who have extremely low common sense and intelligence when I try to bring about intellectual points. It turns out like this every time, i'm just misunderstood and I have zero tolerance for retarded cunts that make retarded remarks to what I post. I see how i'm viewed as a troll or whatever but these people are worse than what you find on fucking official forums.

User was infracted for this post.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    If anyone says anything that resembles something bad about something you like then you throw a temper tantrum.
    Keep going. I want to hear more about how we're the ones throwing a temper tantrum.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Keep going. I want to hear more about how we're the ones throwing a temper tantrum.
    This is a perfect example of a little kid that's desperate for attention so i'm going to give him just that so he can have some form of human interaction that is solely for him and him alone. I am a master at understanding the human mind afterall or I wouldn't be a psychologist. Usually it gets to this point and people figure out that there is absolutely no way that they can win against me then they give up and then I lose interest and never view the thread again. I don't think i'll ever get banned because the mods like me and enjoy this occasional behavior from me or else the place would be even more dull than it already is. Although I wouldn't care if I did, it would just mean that i'll disappear forever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Focusing on graphics is far and away one of the DUMBEST things an MMO developer can do. Graphics, MAYBE increases hype for a game, but an MMO is about two things: Gameplay longevity and community. No one is sitting there in WoW after 7 years going "I am here because the graphics are so fucking awesome man."

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know you are little kids because your avatars, signatures and behavior related to your posts strongly suggests so.
    http://cdn.bluegartr.com/customavata...tar57577_5.gif

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well. Came into this thread curious on how the game was progressing and I gotta say, that was... wow thanks for the laughs.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know you are little kids because your avatars, signatures and behavior related to your posts strongly suggests so.
    Hey now..

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In all seriousness, an MMO (or really any game these days) doesn't need stellar graphics at all to remain captivating or fun. I may be a bit old school, but I still play MMO's that have sub-Par graphics (if Skyrim is the baseline of good graphics that is) and enjoy filling in the blanks with my head. That sounds a bit funny, but remember where MMO's came from, imagination. Remember that?

I can agree with Kanriel, focus on graphics rather than gameplay is kind of dumb, look at SWTOR. But the more I think about it, the more sense it makes since it looks like ESO has their combat system on lock. Its very Skyrim-esque. Which I am super ok with. The game focuses on a minimalist approach versus this fucking shit*1

I'm down for a game that removes the clutter. GW2 was close to that, but I got bored with the content fast. Maybe I can revisit it a few months in. I don't think any MMO is interesting when its first launched and there's almost no point now in being the first to do stuff since the WoW/FFXI appeal has worn off on a community. There ARE less hardcore players now than there were 3-4 years ago. Content hasn't necessary changed, but its molded to be released on a lax basis. Ain't nobody got time for MMO's when there's Jurassic Park and Simpsons themed farmville clones.

Spoiler: show
    http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.c...juna_ui_1k.jpg

Like seriously, what the fuck is going on here? I don't know who is fighting what, and what I'm fighting, or what its casting. Clutter = boring with nice graphics.

I think the older I get the more I want to be engaged with something I care about based on its overall immersion factor. I loved FFXI because I loved the lore/final fantasy aesthetic. I love LOTRO because I love JRR Tolkien's works. I love Skyrim for its lore and gameplay (more gameplay than lore).

I'll probably like (maybe not love) ESO because its unchartered waters for the Elder Scrolls universe. The lore will be actually engaging. Besides that, it will be a Skyrim online, which I'm ok with. I realize that theres a huge asterisk with liking a game for its lore (SWTOR), because a game can be grossly mishandled if it focuses too much on being a story heavy mmo and not trying to innovate itself from other games.

As long as they don't charge an arm and a leg to play the game, it should be fun. Can't complain if the game is cheap to play.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This thread hasn't been going very well lately it would seem. Should be expected I suppose.

ROFL you just posted a picture of a cutscene you fucking dumbass. Retards can't even post in game fucking gameplay because they know it'll make their game look like shit so they try to pot some cutscene shit lol.
    I'm glad you got a time out, you should probably be banned forever though. It's hilarious I've seen people banned for 0 offensive/insulting/trolling posts yet people like you can get away with this shit and only get a time out.

Anyways...

I think late-PS2 graphics/3DS graphics are perfect. I don't really need graphics better than that, FF12 on PS2 looked amazing and it's really a waste and annoying to try to make your game look better than that. Graphics also mean shit, my favorite games are SNES games.

@ That wow screenshot, that's what happens when you play a game with 40 man raids(lol) and allow people to mod the fuck out of it with infinite shitty play the game for you mods.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not sure how you can have valid points with no evidence. Let me list off things that I hate about a game and claim they are valid. Look, there is no bias in this!

Also, I love graphics. That might be the computer scientist/engineer coming out in me, though, as it means that we have found ways of making software run more efficiently in combination with better hardware. Anyways... ESO has changed for the better since the initial, "We're going to copy everything from these MMOs" list, and I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. I'm going to keep a critical point of view, though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Next round of Beta invites go out tomorrow, let's see is anyone gets lucky !

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...s-on-their-way

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No ARR invite, no ESO invite :<

I haven't heard a damn thing in regards to beta invites on any of the usual channels.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Of course it gets nuked by ZeniMax.

I see they still have the shitty animations..

Also remember you never see that 6 years of development in betas ....

The game looks plain.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nullibicity View Post
    The game looks plain.
    Plain? Plain as in what?

Plain...
    Simple?
    Stupid?
    Ugly?
    Shitty?
    Bland?
    Average?

I managed to see the entire video before they took it off. It made me think immediately about two separate older MMOs. First off, it looks like a version of Age of Conan that has only gotten a slight upgrade. So its not super duper ugly, its only super ugly. Hell you even started on a boat and then in a desert port town. Seriously it looks fugly in both art and animation. Second, it reminded me of SWTOR. A popular established IP driven to the ground by an MMO with ugly art style, bad animation and below average combat systems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag