Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Auto-block and auto-dodge are far superior to any sort of active system. With active systems there's too much going on and you can't focus on defeating the enemy. This is why I love FF MMO's you see.
    Resisting the troll above, there's never been any evidence that any TES title has ever "revamped" its combat animations, so I'm not looking hopeful for the future of any sort of good-looking combat. Its going to come down to the same things it always comes down to: how quickly people can progress and burn through content, how crisp the UI and movement is, how many bugs are in at launch, and how responsive will the devs be in fixing errors.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That video made me facepalm in real life "without the /"

I could see them add additional video options as the beta progresses but not much else. After beta testing almost 40 MMOs I would say that 80%-90% of what you see is what you will be getting in the first month or two. There are very very few examples in which this isn't the case. I still remember playing Eve Online's beta. The day before it went live they had a "special" one hour event that supposedly included some mass battles. I think in the hour of trying to log in I was able to play for 10 minutes. I would put that one at around 70%. I'm still going to try the beta... but oh boy... it's not looking good. That lore better be spectacular!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Guys I totally heard you all played TES games for the combat and not for the gigantic sandbox world, compelling narratives, extreme character customization (pre-skyrim), incredibly rich lore and enviroments.

ur doin it wrong

That being said, I don't think TES Online is going to bring those other things to the table as well as previous installments so I feel this is going to be a completely inferior version to all of the previous games.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks like Skyrim

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just want a decent MMO to play, not get hooked in to.

The fact that this is a Bethesda game we can't mod is what will probably keep me from playing it too much. Considering that mods are what make Skyrim/Oblivion such a huge huge blast to play and replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    The fact that this is a Bethesda game we can't mod
    Oh god why didn't I consider that at all

OH GOD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Just another MMO that doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

Skyrim will probably end up being the superior game that can satisfy any elder scroll urge I may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Just another MMO that doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

Skyrim will probably end up being the superior game that can satisfy any elder scroll urge I may have.
    ^ This and 99% because of the mods. If it wasnt for the modding community improving their games to near perfect the TES games would just be "decent" instead of "holy fuck did I just spend the past 9hrs walking around in the snow dying of hypothermia and fighting bears? I'm late for work!"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS4 Confirmed

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's been confirmed that TESO will be on Xboxone, PS4, PC and MAC. They also confirmed that TESO will be pushed back to a spring 2014 release.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...4-Release.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

No cross-platform servers confirmed
    PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will not be rubbing shoulders with their PC and Mac offsiders – or each other – in The Elder Scrolls Online.

Responding to a question on Twitter, Zenimax Online confirmed the different versions of the game will be hosted on different servers.

“The Elder Scrolls Online’s megaserver technology will allow PC and Mac players to play together,” the developer said.

“Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players will have distinct megaservers.”

If we’re interpreting that correctly, it means there will be three megaservers, keeping us all firmly corralled in our platform camps.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/the-...platform-play/
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/344568321548636160

Game looks really bad.

No Cross platform servers will probably be undone after the game fails to meet expectations at launch and the months to follow. game just looks "eh" to me, not excited for it but it doesn't look like pure garbage either. TES game w/o mods though = fail TES game so i'll have to see.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm trying to reserve judgement for when I actually get in game, but 2014 to push a console release is just bad. If it's not b2p at this point, it'll fail hard.

My hopes for a decent 2013 MMO seemed to have dried up. XIV is trash, ESO is probably 2014 trash, and nothing else really piqued my interest. Guess I can give XIV one last shot, so boring for a game with a sub. fee though... At least Destiny/Division look promising for 2014 MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    I'm trying to reserve judgement for when I actually get in game, but 2014 to push a console release is just bad. If it's not b2p at this point, it'll fail hard.

My hopes for a decent 2013 MMO seemed to have dried up. XIV is trash, ESO is probably 2014 trash, and nothing else really piqued my interest. Guess I can give XIV one last shot, so boring for a game with a sub. fee though... At least Destiny/Division look promising for 2014 MMO's.
    Guild wars 2, the only MMO worth playing right now and the near future(best world that actually feels alive and is worth visiting/staying in because 99% of your playtime won't be inside instanced dungeons at level cap, best classes, best PVP balance, most well designed PVP, fastest content updates, best content updates, buy to play, best class balance, no gear grinds, no cross server automated dungeon finder, most fluid combat, no fetch/kill X quests, equally rewarded doing anything you want to do, World Vs World Sieges, best in game economy since FFXI)

Destiny looks fun but it's not a MMO, it's a lobby game like PSO2 with 100 players per server/game, and it's a FPS. Titan(blizzard) has a slight chance of being good, but I highly doubt any quality game coming from blizzard anymore, the companies game quality went completely downhill after their merge with activision. TESO just looked like it has really bleh graphics and BAD combat(Fps combat in a MMO that isn't about shooting guns ?_?). I watched the FF14 stream thing at E3 and when they did the ifrit dungeon was shocked, 5 second GCD on almost EVERY SINGLE SKILL that isn't a self buff(i think?), very awkward attack animations, basically no one taking damage but tank/healer, and only one mechanic "FOCUS THE FEATHER(is that what it was even called?) when it falls!", then if you don't do that you insta wipe. Even if the mechanics for the boss fight aren't that great, which I can deal with, maybe just one of the few of the amazing fights later on, the combat looked mind-numbingly boring and the classes are as generic as possible. They did only show POV from archer and plate melee, which are by far the two most boring classes you could possibly show gameplay POV for, but nothing will fix the 5 second GCD on almost every single skill.

Everything else like wildstar, TESO, FF14 look to be still stuck in the 2004 MMO era, so weird.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Guild wars 2, the only MMO worth playing.
    Fuckin lol.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Guild wars 2, the only MMO worth playing.
    Whole lotta nope right here

Well it is Shiyo...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Endgame will involve playing the game over again, only harder
    When you’ve hit the level cap in The Elder Scrolls Online, you’re only one third of the way through the game.

Speaking to Massively, an unnamed “Bethesda employee” explained that players should spend about 140 to 150 hours getting through the content in one Alliance and reaching the level 50 cap. If they’re still keen to play more – and not PvP or raids – then there’s still a lot to do.

“You can take the character and go back through the other alliances, but all of the content is scaled to level 50. So you can start playing through another chunk of content, but everything is harder,” the representative said.

“Once you’ve played through all of that, you can do it again through the remaining alliance, but everything is even harder. We call it 50+ and 50++. Basically there are two additional tracks of content you can use with each character.”

Players don’t have to abandon their current track; if they want to go back and try something from their first alliance, it will remain levelled as it was in their original pass, and all the changes they made along the way will be in place.

“If you go to a brand-new track, it’s sort of like starting over with a brand-new character, except you don’t have to start a new character,” the representative added.

“We let you continue to progress because the skill system is really open-ended. When you hit level 50, you’ve probably maxed 20% of the skills in the game. If you want to keep making your character stronger without PvP or dungeons, that’s a really good way to do it.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/the-...-plus-feature/
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...-and-characte/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag