+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Yeah definitely not asking for everyone to be able to get emperor, only that more people actually have a chance to get it. The current system allows it to pretty much cycle through a select few people, who are only going to get it back even easier due to the unique skill line that they'll have.

I understand the desire for hardcore content, and I'm fine with things being restrictive in who can obtain them. Hardcore players get things first, that's cool and I like it. They don't however get things and then retain them forever. The casual playerbase eventually gets access to things, even if it takes a while. There's a very big difference between "If you work hard enough you can obtain this" and "No matter how hard you work you will never obtain this".

Imagine if you will, that the very first time Twintania is downed each week that turn 5 is locked out to the rest of the playerbase until the following week. The most hardcore will always get it right away, and then nobody else can have it until next time. Only next time, those same people get it again, and once again it's locked out. Rinse, repeat, etc. That's the current emperor system. Only instead of it being a group effort and everyone being rewarded, it's just one guy.
    Imagine if you will, the server keeps track of everyones Twintania kill time and awards each member of the fastest raid a special permanent Twintania crown and temporary mount. Scoreboard resets each sunday at a set time. That's more in line with the current emperor system.

Sarcasm couldn't have been more obvious, but I fully expect the hardcore guilds and players to be the fastest twin kills and to be the only ones to have their names on the captured forts, while less hardcore/casuals will still always be able to bandwagon and participate in the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    The only thing to add to the Emperor thing is that the group as whole gets bonuses, but the Emperor gets the largest bonus and the abilities.

Or so something I read says.
    Yeah the special skills are mainly auras for everyone like increase siege weapon damage and strengthen walls, but casuals freak out like it's the opposing emperor that is causing their failness in pvp.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The only issue I'd really see with it is if having the Emperor buffs created a snowball effect. You're already #1, now you have an advantage over others trying to catch up to you causing you to snowball ahead even further and never lose the title. Either way if your Emperor is that dedicated to holding the title, chances are he's doing your side a favour anyway, doesn't really seem like something to be bitching about if the skills are as subtle as Senji is implying.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If anyone is curious these are the Emperor's skill lines, once you become an emperor you will always have these skill lines.

Domination
    While Emperor: +100% ability duration.
    Former Emperor: +2% ability duration.

Authority
    While Emperor: +200% Ultimate gains.
    Former Emperor: +4% Ultimate gains.

Monarch
    While Emperor: +300% health, magicka, and stamina combat regeneration.
    Former Emperor: +6% health, magicka, and stamina combat regeneration.

Tactician
    While Emperor: +400% siege weapon damage (keeps only).
    Former Emperor: +8% siege weapon damage (keeps only).

Emperor
    +100% health, magicka, and stamina regeneration while in campaign.

source

http://eldersouls.com/elder-scrolls-online/skills

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

On the fence about preordering it. Mainly as a timer killer for Wildstar but will play it as long as it holds my interest. GMG has Imp. Edition for 64 and normal for 48.... Kinda wanna get the Imp. one but dunno if I wanna spend the extra $$$.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    If anyone is curious these are the Emperor's skill lines, once you become an emperor you will always have these skill lines.

Monarch
    While Emperor: +300% health, magicka, and stamina combat regeneration.
    Former Emperor: +6% health, magicka, and stamina combat regeneration.

Emperor
    +100% health, magicka, and stamina regeneration while in campaign.

source

http://eldersouls.com/elder-scrolls-online/skills
    The regeneration is pretty crazy, but I'm glad to see that if you lose the Emperor status you lose almost the entire strength of the buff.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Beta this weekend for those who care.

It's patch 0.18 too, which means a small mountain of fixes and other adjustments that we didn't have in previous beta versions. This means collision detection, Imperials, optional starter islands, faster low level exp (slower high level exp), harder mobs etc.

Patch 0.18 for those with access to the beta forums. I'd copy pasta but they're huge.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm gonna try it, no plans this weekend.

Did patch .18 make the models less ugly? I MIGHT look at it over the weekend, but that means installing the giant fuck download all over again..ugh.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't know about that but the patch notes look somewhat promising.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Did patch .18 make the models less ugly? I MIGHT look at it over the weekend, but that means installing the giant fuck download all over again..ugh.
    No. This is how the game is going to look like. Kinda too late to change now.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm sure somebody will push out a mod of some sort very quickly once the game is released, assuming they allow for things that change the visuals of armor and the like.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah. .dat swaps kinda shit.

I'm gonna play a little bit today. The guild should still be around if any of you boners want in.

I'll be streaming twitch.tv/zetanio at some point on Friday once IEM is done.

So was reading that the ESO shop will sell mounts? And that people are kind of pissy about it because of how mounts are somewhat difficult to obtain in game?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

wow I've never seen an MMO cash shop that sold mounts before. this is so new and unexpected I could almost shit

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The new areas aren't bad. The improvements are noticeable but the game is still pretty meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    wow I've never seen an MMO cash shop that sold mounts before. this is so new and unexpected I could almost shit
    ESO shop will sell mounts
    pissy about it because of how mounts are somewhat difficult to obtain
    I've never seen anyone not fully read what was said either. Unless you think mounts were ever hard to obtain in WoW or TERA lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I only hope they sell some horse armour in the cash shop.

Oh can you customize them like the bardings in ffxiv? That's pretty cool.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I've never seen anyone not fully read what was said either. Unless you think mounts were ever hard to obtain in WoW or TERA lol
    they're the same difficulty in either game, the only difference being ESO doesn't hand you one for free by doing the "learn how to hotbar a mount" quest. was harder to get a mount in RIFT than here, tbh. i got my horse within a couple of hours in last weekend's beta.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You buy a horse from a npc, like most games.

Can feed for temp stat boosts, also give them saddlebags and armor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag