BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Best Buy has this for $39.99 or $31.99 with Gamers Club Unlocked. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sa...=8575135&loc=0

Greengamgaming has it for $12 using code SLICKD-EALGMG-SALESV during checkout.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...iel-unlimited/

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I grabbed it for PC and have screwed around a little bit and so far I like it. I feel like the graphics could've been a tad better but oh well. I'm just farting around killing crap and not doing any quests yet. I'm glad I made the purchase.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Be careful with gathering. It will suck you in until that is the only thing you do in the game and then wonder why you log in. Always happens to me ><

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm enjoying this game

Has the older, grindy MMO type feel to it. I'm still a low level, but running around and killing mobs in the open world with other people is something I haven't done in a while, and I'm enjoying it. Map seems pretty big so far. Graphics are 7/10, but that doesn't bother me. Good purchase, especially for the steal of a price with the sales going on lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Best Buy has this for $39.99 or $31.99 with Gamers Club Unlocked. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sa...=8575135&loc=0

Greengamgaming has it for $12 using code SLICKD-EALGMG-SALESV during checkout.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...iel-unlimited/
    Bah, just saw this post. Went to use the code but oddly enough the digital copies are all sold out. How does that work?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Bah, just saw this post. Went to use the code but oddly enough the digital copies are all sold out. How does that work?
    I guess the GMG one sold out pretty fast. I bought it right when I saw it. Same as Patriarch, I like the running around and killing mobs. Probably my favorite part of XI was playing Bst and exping in a good camp. If I find something even remotely close to that feeling I'll be happy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I guess the GMG one sold out pretty fast. I bought it right when I saw it. Same as Patriarch, I like the running around and killing mobs. Probably my favorite part of XI was playing Bst and exping in a good camp. If I find something even remotely close to that feeling I'll be happy.
    Nice, let me know if you come across another deal around $20

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Gutted I missed that deal! The only reason I am not playing it is because I feel £50 is quite a stretch, would of snapped that right up! Will have to keep my eye peeled for the next opportunity!

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm only level 32, there seems to be something similar to pet jobs (summons, etc) but I don't really know if there is anything quite like BST. But as far as camps, thats pretty much all I've been doing is finding good camps to grind out. I've done a few side quests here and there, but mainly the best method I've found is finding a good spot for 4-5 levels and grinding shit out. Drops are pretty common even among normal mobs, so you can farm yourself a good bit of gold while exping. Some camps can even take you 5-10 levels, the later levels taking a little longer.

And I miss those BST feels, was my first 75 wayyy back in 2005. Distinctly remember that 60-75 grind in the tree. Goobbue ass for days. That was back when I could still get high and crank some mars volta and knock myself into an exp coma

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

How similar is it to Final Fantasy 14? Harder? Easier? Does it have the same repetitive endgame to grind out a set amount of dungeons every week? Is it more towards Everquest/FF11 or more towards WoW?

Anybody use this site? Trustworthy?

http://www.gamesdeal.com/the-elder-s...aid=shoppingen

$33.00 for game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's actually pretty close to what you'd expect from an elder scrolls game, albeit with an mmo flavor. Treat it like an elder scrolls game. If you want a comparison though, there's loads of quests to do for leveling, you can craft easily, gather materials from nodes easily, level any skill or weapon with any character, and in essence build your own class around your chosen one (there's 4 'jobs', where each of these leans towards certain roles yet you're not completely closed off from being good at any other role).

An example of this is the templar: this job is the only one to get a class-based heal, making it a little nicer to have as a healer or tank (eats a lot of mp though), but you could just as easily level up restoration staff skill and heal that way for longer periods of time. You would want to level up resto staff anyway since it's pretty handy as is. Anyone can level any armor and weapon skills, so everyone can wear heavy, high defense armor or high dmg weapons, though it'll be obvious if you've invested any time in skilling them up and spending points on their traits/skills. Generally you'd want to try and get at least 1 of each type on you so you can get exp for all of them, like 5 heavy armor parts, 1 medium, 1 light.

The different races actually have different bonuses and such that can make things easier (like +20% skill up exp for a certain weapon/armor). You also have limited ability slots, though don't know if mods lifted that limitation. Game has player-based mod support, and it's pretty damn convenient (like a quick map with overlays for points of interest).

The auction house system is also pretty interesting. You can only buy/sell items with your guild, so it helps to shout or get into a large one. You can join I think 5 guilds at once. There's also a pvp element to this game, the 3 factions are pitted against each other in their story lines, and the guilds the do the best in pvp get their guild stores opened to everyone, but only for others to buy from. It's different and seems to work decently for the kind of game it is.

Game is pretty decent if you're the kind that plays an ES game with exploration and questing in mind. There's not a whole lot to do at the end currently but it can take a while to get there, and the world feels a lot bigger than it appears.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I see, sounds interesting. I was hoping for boss battles without the memorization factor. Something difficult.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The game play is incredibly fast compared to ffxi. It's hard to keep up with limited menus and hud on console. It's fun. And the later dungeons can be very challenging. Currently veteran rank 5.

Also the pvp is suuuuper fucking addicting for a while. It's awesome joining a huge group and storming a castle. Or having a huge battle with another group in a cave or open area. So so so fun.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Interesting

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm serious about the pvp man. I've been on vacation so my sleep schedule is whatever but on most nights I've gone into the pvp area, found a large group of like 20+ people and started just rolling with them. Before I even know it, the sun is coming up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

$12 sale at GMG is back! Use voucher code GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF at checkout.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...m=affiliates#b

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Bought it.

These deals are insane. Between the steam sales and now greengaming, i might as well set fire to my wallet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So my name is Melchom, send me a friend invite. Seems fun so far.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Is there a group of people playing on PC?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Finding groups is so challenging. And finding competent groups is even worse... Christ. I was finally able to clear my first veteran dungeon though. Really difficult. Some of the bosses you fight are like wtf why do they have this move...? There's lots of fights where you need to know the mechanics. I don't think there was a single boss fight last night that was just as simple as tanking it and spanking it. There was always something that needed to be called out to avoid or to coordinate. Really fun though. I did have a feeling of accomplishment beating it. I want to try the 12 man raids. Maybe those will give me the good old ffxi feels again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag