BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is it just me or some of the artistic direction really resembles GW2

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I'm excited, but we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully early 2013 and not at the end.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

This game will either be really good....or very, very bad. And my fatass tells me the latter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

After my feelings of a bunch of recent MMOs, I'm pretty sure there now seems to be a "sonic cycle" going on with MMOs. So, I remain extremely skeptical until I'm actually playing them. Even then, it seems like endgame can really ruin them for me now. >.>

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It looks like it can be promising but I'll watch this one from the safety of a bomb shelter, MMOs have been nothing but flops lately, even tho it's fairly well known to be a successful MMO takes a lot of work, they just aren't born over night into the god tier games that some MMOs have aspired to that we have today.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I never wanted an Elder Scrolls MMO, just a good mod that allowed for 2-4 people to play Skyrim together and dungeon-crawl or wage war on a city or bandits together. I'll be skipping this one unless I just hear about some truly awesome, epic shit.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It looks better than SWTOR.

Not saying much until I get my hands on it

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've got high hopes, but I don't expect it to be very good really. Elder Scrolls would benefit more from just a cooperative RPG type thing like Guild Wars 1, not a full on MMO

I HATE the player character animations in the elder scrolls games, for some reason they get the monster animations to look great but the battle animations for Players sucks soo bad. I know it didnt matter much cus well you played in first person, but now in an mmo they really need to fix it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"May contain content inappropriate for children" - why do I always think "Oh good"

I'm actually really glad they released this video. Its not in game content for sure, but I absolutely love ES Lore. It does nothing for my interest in the game though

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll admit it looks pretty good, but endgame is always a make or break for an MMO for me. So I really want their view on how endgame should work.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think there's a lot of potential for an Elder Scrolls endgame based on the amount of lore they have already...its just the studio behind it that counts I guess

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I sure hope Sheogorath is in the game. Maybe there can be Daedric Prince themed raids and Sheogorath is the end boss for the Shivering Isles, raining explosive cheese and dead dogs onto the battlefield.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Everything I've seen from TESO is extremely impressive. Beta should be sometime soon, then we can get a better idea of how the game will play. People who were able to play the alpha pretty much universally praised it and the vibe I got was that it felt a lot like an Elder Scrolls game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Honestly, on paper what they've talked about so far doesn't sound good at all. I imagine that the game is going to perform very similarly to SWTOR and that we'll basically just see history repeat itself. Unless their execution is spot-on, in which case the game will do a little better.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The Elder Scrolls Online

I've high hopes as well but as others, remaining reserved and skeptical. My greatest fear is Bethesda going the way of Bioware because of this endeavor.

I already started building a guild for this and the people rolling in feel much the same or they're all-in due to being TES series fans for years. Lotsa older fellas as you'd expect too so there isn't some over-hyped marketing campaign for the game. It's kinda refreshing in that sense.

Don't fuck it up Bethesda/ZeniMax. Seriously.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Haven't they already said they are just copy/pasting different parts from popular MMO's to create just another theme park game that just happens to be set in the extremely popular TES world & lore? I don't possibly see how that will work, with all the trash MMO's over the last few years.

Even if they get the story right, and that part is awesome, just refer to SWTOR. No one wants to play that kind of game long term.

I also liked the video, it was interesting to listen to him talk about the lore behind the game and stuff. I just don't think the execution will be any good and I've been burned too many times by games like AoC, TERA, SWTOR, FFXIV to really give a shit about MMO's for now (ever?).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The Elder Scrolls Online

You're not wrong. Themepark is getting old and sandbox has only really been executed well once (EVE). There are a few sandbox titles in the pipe for the next few years so don't lose faith yet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag