+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Haven't they already said they are just copy/pasting different parts from popular MMO's to create just another theme park game that just happens to be set in the extremely popular TES world & lore? I don't possibly see how that will work, with all the trash MMO's over the last few years.
    I would just look at what people have said about the alpha so far, most people seemed to have been impressed. I haven't really come across a negative review of that experience.

They did say they were taking a lot from other MMO's, but I don't think that should have been taken so negatively. I mean the combat seems pretty unique and that's probably the most important aspect of an MMO... They just need to churn out a ton of content, especially endgame content, and make it interesting.

I'm not overly optimistic about this game, but it's certainly the only MMO I'm interested in for 2013. It certainly seems less generic then XIV:ARR.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh yeah, clicking to attack sounds like a fantastic idea for an mmo.

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Fascinating.
    Bethesda can't make an offline game without an absurdly large number of glitches, exploits and blatantly obvious recycled assets and they think they can actually make a MMORPG.
    It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They would be pretty awesome to make a game they are not really making.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Oh yeah, clicking to attack sounds like a fantastic idea for an mmo.
    Again, instead of interjecting opinion based on nothing, take a look at what people who have actually played the game say. At least look up the combat mechanics before complaining, your comment is honestly just stupid.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Esby View Post
    Fascinating.
    Bethesda can't make an offline game without an absurdly large number of glitches, exploits and blatantly obvious recycled assets and they think they can actually make a MMORPG.
    It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
    I don't know of many - if any - truly open-world games that don't reek of glitches and bugs these days. I consider GTA:SA, the last one to escape the glitch wagon.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Again, instead of interjecting opinion based on nothing, take a look at what people who have actually played the game say. At least look up the combat mechanics before complaining, your comment is honestly just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Pages back
    If you've ever played an Elder Scrolls game, TESO's controls will be immediately familiar to you. WASD moves your character, the mouse controls where you're looking/aiming (no tab-targeting here, folks), spacebar jumps, shift sprints... you get the idea. The combat controls are also taken directly from previous TES titles. Clicking the left mouse button will swing your weapon, whereas holding it down will charge up a power attack and holding right-click will block incoming attacks.
    Been reading this thread from the start, been following what other people have said about it (because what video game journalists say about a major game is always totally trustworthy right?) and been watching the videos. The game sounds like an awful idea.

Until real people who aren't being paid to write good things about the game get their hands on it (i.e. Open Beta or Closed Beta without an NDA), none of what has been said by anybody about this game means fuck all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Been reading this thread from the start, been following what other people have said about it (because what video game journalists say about a major game is always totally trustworthy right?) and been watching the videos. The game sounds like an awful idea.

Until real people who aren't being paid to write good things about the game get their hands on it (i.e. Open Beta or Closed Beta without an NDA), none of what has been said by anybody about this game means fuck all.
    You do realize the "2 pages back" quote is a direct quote from those "writers being paid to write good things", right? You know, people who've actually played the game whereas nobody here has? The same article that explains the combat system right under your out-of-context quote? Maybe you should read it (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...crolls-online/). It's not glaringly positive, they do complain about the targeting mechanics and it's not like they were drooling over it like some were (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI), but these are people with hands on experience... Their opinions matter right now, yours and anyone else who hasn't played the game (including me) don't.

If you don't like it, that's cool, move on... Your comment on clicking was just universally stupid though. If you want to complain about having only 5 hotkeys and how it'll lead to min/maxing cookiecutter builds, it's at least a more valid argument, but save that shit for beta. Otherwise moving a standard attack/power attack from the numpad to the mouse and giving the players an active blocking system is not a bad thing and it's there to make the game feel like a TES game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

cinematic is purty

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Application for closed beta is up!

http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I signed up for shits and giggles. Looks interesting but we'll see if they can deliver on these promises.

Trying to sign up but keep getting 404 after I fill out the form.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Signed up with a supposedly Excellent chance of acceptance, hooray, I'm sure that 95% of all applicants aren't told the same and everything

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah same. At least going in with very low expectations lets me either get blown away by a really good game or I get a good laugh of SWTOR 2.0. Being a realist has its advantages at least.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    You do realize the "2 pages back" quote is a direct quote from those "writers being paid to write good things", right? You know, people who've actually played the game whereas nobody here has? The same article that explains the combat system right under your out-of-context quote? Maybe you should read it (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...crolls-online/). It's not glaringly positive, they do complain about the targeting mechanics and it's not like they were drooling over it like some were (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI), but these are people with hands on experience... Their opinions matter right now, yours and anyone else who hasn't played the game (including me) don't.

If you don't like it, that's cool, move on... Your comment on clicking was just universally stupid though. If you want to complain about having only 5 hotkeys and how it'll lead to min/maxing cookiecutter builds, it's at least a more valid argument, but save that shit for beta. Otherwise moving a standard attack/power attack from the numpad to the mouse and giving the players an active blocking system is not a bad thing and it's there to make the game feel like a TES game.
    Their opinions do not matter because they are being allowed to play the game to generate hype, which is exactly what they're doing and makes any of their observations on the quality of the game void.

I fail to see how my quote is out of context. I read through the entire article again just to make sure I'm not blowing shit out of my ass. You click to attack, right click to block. I think clicking to attack is a bad idea for an mmo. How is that "universally stupid" and out of context? The blocking function is essentially the same thing as GW2's dodging, but with a slight twist. I don't see anything revolutionary here at all.

Stop being butthurt because somebody made a sarcastic comment about a game you're looking forward to.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Signed up with a supposedly Excellent chance of acceptance, hooray, I'm sure that 95% of all applicants aren't told the same and everything
    I got "very good" so not everyone.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Same here, although I signed up with my lolMac so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Their opinions do not matter because they are being allowed to play the game to generate hype, which is exactly what they're doing and makes any of their observations on the quality of the game void.

I fail to see how my quote is out of context. I read through the entire article again just to make sure I'm not blowing shit out of my ass. You click to attack, right click to block. I think clicking to attack is a bad idea for an mmo. How is that "universally stupid" and out of context? The blocking function is essentially the same thing as GW2's dodging, but with a slight twist. I don't see anything revolutionary here at all.

Stop being butthurt because somebody made a sarcastic comment about a game you're looking forward to.
    Their opinions do matter because they played the game, honestly don't know why you don't understand that. They aren't Zenimax employees, they aren't paid by Zenimax, and a number of them weren't even writers... You're just reaching now. Sounds more like you're butthurt that you can't find much of any negative feedback for a game you're not interested in so you make up some bullshit about how clicking a mouse to attack is crazy. As I said before, it's okay if you're not interested in the game, nobody cares, just leave inane and silly assumptions at the door and move the fuck on.

It's completely silly because how the fuck else do you want to attack in an MMO? Is hitting the "1" button for a standard attack so much different then clicking a mouse? Do you want auto-attack? Are you upset that you can't use the mouse to select a target or do whatever the fuck MMO's do with right-click? Seriously, it's just a stupid argument. You're still acting as if there aren't hotkeys and an "ultimate" to use in conjunction with the mouse...

I'm not trying to champion this game, as I said before I'm not that optimistic about it or any MMO for that matter, but it's certainly worth waiting for the beta and seeing how it plays...

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lotta angst over what's going to amount to a steaming pile of shit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag