+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i got above average and i pretty much ticked most boxes >_> (since most applied to me) i have a feeling if i ticked female I'd have been given the go ahead! also at this point over 819,000 have applied for this beta

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Signed up myself just to see what happens. Didn't get the 404 page error like others, so I must of done something right O_o

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Lotta angst over what's going to amount to a steaming pile of shit.
    Aww come on, Brill. 85%of all new MMOs result in steaming piles of shit, but we're on a goddamn MMO forum! Have a little class!

This game will flop, but will I try it out and quit WoW for it till the next WoW expansion? More then likely!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Their opinions do matter because they played the game, honestly don't know why you don't understand that. They aren't Zenimax employees, they aren't paid by Zenimax, and a number of them weren't even writers... You're just reaching now. Sounds more like you're butthurt that you can't find much of any negative feedback for a game you're not interested in so you make up some bullshit about how clicking a mouse to attack is crazy. As I said before, it's okay if you're not interested in the game, nobody cares, just leave inane and silly assumptions at the door and move the fuck on.
    There isn't any negative feedback because Zenimax has specifically chosen to give access to the game to people who are amiable enough to not say anything bad about it. Do you seriously not understand how early marketing works in the gaming industry? How many examples can you find me of a major game like this that received bad press before a playable build was released to the general public? There aren't very many.

It's completely silly because how the fuck else do you want to attack in an MMO? Is hitting the "1" button for a standard attack so much different then clicking a mouse? Do you want auto-attack? Are you upset that you can't use the mouse to select a target or do whatever the fuck MMO's do with right-click? Seriously, it's just a stupid argument. You're still acting as if there aren't hotkeys and an "ultimate" to use in conjunction with the mouse...
    Why are YOU so upset over my opinion? I'm also not making an argument here, I stated an opinion and YOU challenged that opinion by saying said opinion was "based on nothing", which it clearly was based on the fact that they have said that you click to attack. Now you've switched arguments completely and are simply calling my opinion stupid because you disagree with it. Which fine, I really don't care if you disagree with my opinion. However I do care when some asshat like you attempts to call me out on fabricating the evidence for which that opinion is based on.

I'm not trying to champion this game, as I said before I'm not that optimistic about it or any MMO for that matter, but it's certainly worth waiting for the beta and seeing how it plays...
    You're right. It is worth waiting until the general public gets its hands on the game before making a final judgement call on it. That is exactly what I've been saying with my video game journalist comments. It's also worth waiting until the general public gets its hands on it before you white knight it, like you are doing.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have more faith in Bethseda/Zenimax studios than I do EA/Bioware. Although TES games had bugs (hilarious bugs) that kind of were annoying (personally I never really experienced too many issues with my playing experience), I don't think they can be as fucking awful as Bioware.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The game at launch will probably already have triple the content of SWTOR so it's already got that!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    There isn't any negative feedback because Zenimax has specifically chosen to give access to the game to people who are amiable enough to not say anything bad about it. Do you seriously not understand how early marketing works in the gaming industry? How many examples can you find me of a major game like this that received bad press before a playable build was released to the general public? There aren't very many.
    Can you list any games that have had a behind-the-scenes alpha without a comprehensive NDA that restricts people from saying anything about the game? Can you name any game that was hyped pre-open alpha/beta by gaming journalists/bloggers/vloggers/etc who've played the game... that ended up being a horrible game? I can't. "First looks" are almost always pre-rendered cutscenes, artwork, stills, or a snippet of gameplay either pre-recorded or played by a dev...

Why are YOU so upset over my opinion? I'm also not making an argument here, I stated an opinion and YOU challenged that opinion by saying said opinion was "based on nothing", which it clearly was based on the fact that they have said that you click to attack. Now you've switched arguments completely and are simply calling my opinion stupid because you disagree with it. Which fine, I really don't care if you disagree with my opinion. However I do care when some asshat like you attempts to call me out on fabricating the evidence for which that opinion is based on.
    Maybe it's not clear because there are two issues I took with your initial comment. The first is that you do not simply attack with the mouse, you also attack with abilities/attacks/magic on the hotbar, hence why your quote was out of context. The second issue is that you think that "clicking to attack" is somehow a bad thing. This is clearly just stupid. If you disagree, back it up. Why is it any different then mapping a standard attack to a hotkey? What could this possibly take away from the game? The immersive feeling of mashing the "1" button?

You're right. It is worth waiting until the general public gets its hands on the game before making a final judgement call on it. That is exactly what I've been saying with my video game journalist comments. It's also worth waiting until the general public gets its hands on it before you white knight it, like you are doing.
    Where did I white knight the game? By saying that opinions from people that have played the game matter more then yours? By saying your opinion that "clicking is bad" is stupid? Seriously?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Arguing about personal opinions are dumb.

And to answer your first question, The War Z and FFXIV

Based on this time frame. Betas could open at the end of Feb to Mid March with a possible launch release of May or June?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can you list any games that have had a behind-the-scenes alpha without a comprehensive NDA that restricts people from saying anything about the game? Can you name any game that was hyped pre-open alpha/beta by gaming journalists/bloggers/vloggers/etc who've played the game... that ended up being a horrible game? I can't. "First looks" are almost always pre-rendered cutscenes, artwork, stills, or a snippet of gameplay either pre-recorded or played by a dev...
    Seriously? TOR, Aeon, Rift as far as MMOs go. (In response to the second question.)

Maybe it's not clear because there are two issues I took with your initial comment. The first is that you do not simply attack with the mouse, you also attack with abilities/attacks/magic on the hotbar, hence why your quote was out of context. The second issue is that you think that "clicking to attack" is somehow a bad thing. This is clearly just stupid. If you disagree, back it up. Why is it any different then mapping a standard attack to a hotkey? What could this possibly take away from the game? The immersive feeling of mashing the "1" button?
    Clicking to attack was the worst part of Diablo 2, you also used abilities and shit in that game. I fail to see how this is different. I don't understand why you're basing your defense around something I didn't say. I agree that mapping attack to the 1 button is also bad. I think it's less bad simply because less strain on the wrists, but that's beside the point. I think mmos should always have an auto-attack function. But I realize this is my opinion, and not everybody is going to share it. I'm not the one getting so upset that somebody has an opinion different than mine though, you are. Again, you've completely backpedaled and switched arguments since the start of this and I expect you're about to do it again.

Where did I white knight the game? By saying that opinions from people that have played the game matter more then yours? By saying your opinion that "clicking is bad" is stupid? Seriously?
    The very fact that you've gone out of your way to call me stupid based on an opinion I have on one of the core systems of the game that you obviously don't agree with is white knighting it, in a way.

EDIT: Also yeah, FFXIV and The War Z could be added to that list.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It has Bethesda's name on it so naturally it's going to be buggy as shit, but I'm sure it'll be fun for a good month or so like every other AAA mmo.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Clicking to attack was the worst part of Diablo 2, you also used abilities and shit in that game. I fail to see how this is different. I don't understand why you're basing your defense around something I didn't say. I agree that mapping attack to the 1 button is also bad. I think it's less bad simply because less strain on the wrists, but that's beside the point. I think mmos should always have an auto-attack function. But I realize this is my opinion, and not everybody is going to share it. I'm not the one getting so upset that somebody has an opinion different than mine though, you are. Again, you've completely backpedaled and switched arguments since the start of this and I expect you're about to do it again.
    You didn't use skills with the keyboard in Diablo 2, you remapped them to the mouse to use them, apples to oranges and if you think that was the worst part of D2...well...another stupid opinion. This would be more similar to mapping standard attacks in just about any MMO to the mouse instead of the keyboard. I'm also not getting upset, just calling your opinion stupid. How am I backpedaling though? Your original statement was either saying "you only attack with the mouse" or "attacking with the mouse is bad". I addressed both possibilities from the start. The first is wrong, the second is stupid. Do I need to go back through the posts to spell it out for you? Please, show me where I backpedaled.

As for auto-attack... Whether a game has an auto-attack or a manual attack depends on how the game is developed. Sure, FFXI with a manual attack w/out overhauling the system would be horrible, but using a blanket statement that "all MMO's should have auto-attack" is just silly.

The very fact that you've gone out of your way to call me stupid based on an opinion I have on one of the core systems of the game that you obviously don't agree with is white knighting it, in a way.
    Sorry bro, you're not stupid, but your opinion is. Not sure why me calling your opinion stupid is white knighting a game I've said I'm not too optimistic about though... It is the only MMO in 2013 I'm interested in, but that's as far as I'd go.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I don't think anyone is white knighting this game. I signed up as well, even though some of my posts have been harsh (but they they came straight from the horse's mouth). I loved the opening cinematic. I can see myself getting into the lore... not sure about everything else. I'd say just sign up for the beta. I think this game may end up going P2P or B2P. Now is your chance to try the game for free and see for yourself. I'm not sure if there will be several stages for beta or if there will be an open one eventually. Might as well give it a go, unless you've written it off!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I signed up for this just for the chance to try it out like I did with Marvel Heroes. I love the Elder Scrolls games but I just don't know how well this will translate into the MMO world really. Can't see it being any worse than FFXIV at least.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You didn't use skills with the keyboard in Diablo 2, you remapped them to the mouse to use them, apples to oranges and if you think that was the worst part of D2...well...another stupid opinion. This would be more similar to mapping standard attacks in just about any MMO to the mouse instead of the keyboard. I'm also not getting upset, just calling your opinion stupid. How am I backpedaling though? Your original statement was either saying "you only attack with the mouse" or "attacking with the mouse is bad". I addressed both possibilities from the start. The first is wrong, the second is stupid. Do I need to go back through the posts to spell it out for you? Please, show me where I backpedaled.

As for auto-attack... Whether a game has an auto-attack or a manual attack depends on how the game is developed. Sure, FFXI with a manual attack w/out overhauling the system would be horrible, but using a blanket statement that "all MMO's should have auto-attack" is just silly.

Sorry bro, you're not stupid, but your opinion is. Not sure why me calling your opinion stupid is white knighting a game I've said I'm not too optimistic about though... It is the only MMO in 2013 I'm interested in, but that's as far as I'd go.
    Your entire argument has devolved into "I disagree with your opinion therefore it's stupid." You've also stopped responding to parts of the argument that you've clearly lost, so I'm done having this asinine exchange with you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

no matter your preference I think action mmo is pretty much the way of the future. Not always particularly my cup of tea, but there are very few ways you could keep a 'standard' mmo combat inteface and still be innovative. Fast paced action, involves clicking. I don' think your opinions are dumb, but they sure are dated.

Also, if the argument is that it's not interactive gameplay i'd suggest you try other pc action titles without using a controller and you could easily see how it would be done in an mmo. As far as TESO's combat goes, I've heard only great things. I was skeptical, but I can't wait to try it out for myself.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't have a problem with action MMOs, you can have an auto-attack function and still have it be an action mmo. GW2 has auto-attack, you're still clicking and moving your mouse constantly because of the camera as well as hitting buttons. If I was having to constantly be clicking to attack while moving the mouse around for the camera, that would not be enjoyable to me and thus I think it's a bad idea. Then I got told that that statement was "based on nothing" and "universally stupid", and here we are.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If that's the only hangup you would have I guess I really do not see the difference between pressing alt+1/ctrl+1 or whatever keybind you use repetitively any different from clicking the mouse. From what I read TESO also has keybinds, but the hotbar is not as long as other games.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes I'm saying that any keybind to attack is bad and auto-attack is ideal (but I think that pressing 1 is slightly better than clicking), using abilities with other keybinds is fine.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Your entire argument has devolved into "I disagree with your opinion therefore it's stupid." You've also stopped responding to parts of the argument that you've clearly lost, so I'm done having this asinine exchange with you.
    Because I didn't respond about games you think had press before alpha and/or were bad? Rift and Aion were not bad games, you seem to be confusing "bad game" with "not a WoW killer". SWTOR had a comprehensive NDA until well after closed beta. The only game I wasn't sure about was War Z and you weren't even the one to bring that up... Fact is that most games that don't have good gameplay are NOT demoed extensively by press before closed/open beta or keep very tight NDA's in place until launch or just before launch. It's not saying that TESO will be a great game or have a lot of content, but that the gameplay in place is at the very least decent. That's really beside the point though, the only point I was making is that your opinion is worthless whereas the opinion of people who played the game means something. Hypothesizing that they only wrote good stuff because Zenimax made them, paid them, or abducted their family pre-press is just tinfoil hat nonsense.

Again, you were just wrong, that's all. Spelled out for you... Your initial post alluded to only using the mouse to attack: wrong. It also alluded to clicking a mouse to be bad: stupid. That's it really. But hey you want to think D2 gameplay was bad because of mouse clicking or that auto-attack is a key feature of MMO's, you're just full of great ideas aren't ya? Also where did I backpedal ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag