Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I actually think the hardcore Elder Scrolls crowd has been dead set against an MMO for the longest time lol

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

At one point there was a desire for it, but not anymore. I was hoping for a first person/third person style theme mmo for elder scrolls, kinda like the actual games, actually. Give it enough time and tortanic will die down and scrolltanic will arise. Just need gameplay videos during E3 and not CG videos and a tight liped closed beta.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Game would only work if it used GW1's co-op system. A true MMO with overpowered builds and mass griefing wouldn't last long. Or they could do what they're doing now and piss everyone off anyways.

Co-op seems to be the only way to go.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    For the record, I just wanted co-op in Skyrim. I never asked for this.
    This is originally what I wanted. I mean, I thought I wanted an MMO, but now I realize I only wanted co-op.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    For the record, I just wanted co-op in Skyrim. I never asked for this.
    Don't lie. The blood is on all of your penises for this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Off-topic: Just picked up Skyrim, been playing it for a good 50~ hours, and I've been wondering why they didn't title it "Oblivion II: Now you get this part of the map" rather than "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" (I'm a little disappointed with how 'meh' Skyrim has been).

On-topic: Played TES games since Daggerfall... but not interested in an Elder Scrolls MMO. TES is a great time-killer, but the whole franchise has always felt very 'American cheese' to me, if you get my meaning.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    On-topic: Played TES games since Daggerfall... but not interested in an Elder Scrolls MMO. TES is a great time-killer, but the whole franchise has always felt very 'American cheese' to me, if you get my meaning.
    I've kinda thought the same way about the games, but every time I bring it up with friends, people assume weeabooism.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Morrowind best game in series, Daggerfall extremely close second, Skyrim 3rd, Oblivion last. Haven't played Arena. I may get hate for putting Oblivion last but it was the start of this streamlined shit and Skyrim did streamlining better, but that is like winning the Special Olympics.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    I am gonna play this and be disappointed and I will like it ffs.
    Same. I don't care if it sucks

shut up and take my money

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    Same. I don't care if it sucks

shut up and take my money
    This type of attitude that is ruining the gaming industry. Don't reward companies for making a shitty product, it makes them produce more shitty products.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You're right-- It's not socially responsible to support a shit product.

But these are video games we're talking about. We all have our poisons and we make bad choices sometimes. It won't be the end of our species or something.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    You're right-- It's not socially responsible to support a shit product.

But these are video games we're talking about. We all have our poisons and we make bad choices sometimes. It won't be the end of our species or something.
    Ok but in this particular case it's an p2p MMO and that's something that continually rapes you in the ass if it's a shit product.

Plus it makes it harder for legitimately good developers to get into the market because people spend all their money on shit-tier games and don't have any left to try out something new. Recession etc.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    This type of attitude that is ruining the gaming industry. Don't reward companies for making a shitty product, it makes them produce more shitty products.
    You can punish MMO's after purchasing the initial product though. WAR, Conan and SWTOR are all examples of this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

or you can just use your first 30 days of "free" gameplay, arguably the most expensive portion of your subscription, and then leave for greener pastures. Of course there would actually need to be such pastures to move onto...

I actually do feel it is silly to support a shit product though, so don't take my meaning incorrectly. Sometimes I just feel like buying something to check it out and then leave it behind. I'm sure a lot of mmo players are willing to make initial investments in box/digital copies to give something a shot. Not all players look at that as supporting a publisher/developer (incorrectly) and instead see it similarly to going out to the movies. A little in for some entertainment. Buying the blu-ray thereafter would be like paying the monthly sub for awhile, at least in terms of comparison between the markets.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    My apologies, I meant that to have a little bit of a "joke" nature in it.

What I really mean is:

Even if it gets horrible reviews, I will most likely pay for the Game, or torrent an install, and try the free period. Maybe pay for a month or two, and after that if the game holds no weight with me, I will move on to my next adventure.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    My apologies, I meant that to have a little bit of a "joke" nature in it.

What I really mean is:

Even if it gets horrible reviews, I will most likely pay for the Game, or torrent an install, and try the free period. Maybe pay for a month or two, and after that if the game holds no weight with me, I will move on to my next adventure.
    No prob lol. I still wouldn't even buy the initial product though.

Also I would do unspeakable things for your internet speed. Unspeakable things. I average 100kb/s download, 200 if the moon is aligned correctly.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol nope.avi

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/18/th...-percent-solo/

The Elder Scrolls Online main story will be '100 percent solo'
    The main story in The Elder Scrolls Online will be a solitary experience, game director Matt Firor revealed in a video interview with Game Informer.

"In the Elder Scrolls games you're always the hero, whether you want to be or not," Firor said. "You go out there and you kill the dragons. You kill Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion. In Morrowind, you're up there fighting the Tribunal - those are huge, global, epic things that you don't want to stand in line to do in an MMO. The last thing you want to do is have the final confrontation with Mehrunes Dagon as he's stomping across the Imperial City, and you see like 15 guys behind you waiting to kill him because they're on the same quest.

"We have a whole part of the game that is 100 per cent solo, which is the main story, where the world focuses on you. You are the hero, everything you do is solo and the world reacts to you that way," Firor said.

Previous details do include PvP matches of up to 200 players, but those are obviously separate from the main quest. The Elder Scrolls Online will be played in a third-person perspective and is attempting to be a "modern" MMO, blending The Elder Scrolls features into this new genre. Not all Elder Scrolls fans are happy with the new title's angle, but Firor said that's just fine.

"The worst situation for a game community to be in is where no one posts on the boards because they don't care," he said. "If they post on the boards, they care, even if they're not being so polite about it. But that's a fact of life: You're an Internet game, you're on the Internet, you have an Internet community. And the Internet community is always very vocal.

"So what you do is learn from it. You make sure you do the best job to deliver the best game that you can and they you go from there."

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I see they've learned much from the success of TORtanic...

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Why not just make another single player game?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Because they would have a hard time explaining the subscription fee otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag