+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Elder Scrolls Online

Bethesda and ZeniMax are hard at work on a new MMO, and it's taking you back to the world of Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind.

While details are still few and far between, Tom’s has learned that ZeniMax Online Studios and Bethesda will officially announce Elder Scrolls Online in May 2012.

An industry source that wishes to remain anonymous revealed the name of the new MMO to us, and confirmed that the game would take place a full millennium before The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Using the Elder Scrolls Wiki timeline as a guide, Elder Scrolls Online will likely take place during the “Second Era,” or several hundred years before any of the other Elder Scrolls games. This information was corroborated by two additional sources before publication.

Elder Scrolls Online will have three playable factions, according to the tipster. Not much is known about the factions, except each is represented by one of three animals: A lion, a dragon, and a bird of prey (either a phoenix or an eagle, we aren’t sure).
    If you want to read more info about it check it out here....

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ZeniMax-...ews-14481.html

What you all think ?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Interesting O:

I wonder if it will be a Themepark MMORPG or a Sandbox MMORPG.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I WILL STEAL ALL THE PLATES IN THE GAME BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AND BECOME RICH BITCH.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I claim the books!

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I WILL STEAL ALL THE PLATES IN THE GAME BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AND BECOME RICH BITCH.
    THEY WILL STILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO HOLD ALL THE FOOD YOU EAT!

Spoiler: show
    Ok, feel kind of bad about it, but it's an unignorable straightline, c'maaan.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If skyrim is any indication it'll be fun but have 8383737 bugs. Not sure if it'll be worth a day 1 try.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In pretty much every interview, Todd Howard says they are not interested in making MMO's... Curious how this came to be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

and how reliable is this source? calling bs

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Toms Guide is a pretty reliable PC hardware site. They've been branching out the past few years, and this kind of news is outside of their core specialty, but it's not a noname hypesite.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Maybe this will be the first new mmorpg to copy the most amazing feature any mmorpg has ever had. Which would be forcing players to group up with eachother to grind out levels with a nice party search function that was in FFXI. Still waiting for the day but i guess it'll forever be a boring solo quest grind to level cap forever and ever... Grinding with friends is the best fun you can possibly hope for in a mmorpg.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bella Donna
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

O_________O !

I told myself I wasn't gonna get into any more MMO's... but with this and GW2 coming out in the near future......

So... hard... to resist...

I hope they stay true to the game style for the most part.. Not quite sure how they'll deal with stuff like dungeon diving (where you can usually make most your money) and PVP (if there's any.. hope there is..).

I just hope they don't make it a carbon copy of most other MMO's and paste Elder Scrolls imagery on top of it. If it's a completely new style of play then you should expect the bugs and just deal with it.

Setting the timeline BEFORE the other games.. does that mean the dwemer race will be around? Mentioning "skyrim, oblivion, and morrowind" leads me to believe that those areas are going to be the 3 factions/areas you can come from and explore. These areas are all actually right next to each other, so that would make the most sense. No?

Side note: Haven't gone to that link yet. May edit post after I do if it's necessary due to my rambling.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    Maybe this will be the first new mmorpg to copy the most amazing feature any mmorpg has ever had. Which would be forcing players to group up with eachother to grind out levels with a nice party search function that was in FFXI. Still waiting for the day but i guess it'll forever be a boring solo quest grind to level cap forever and ever... Grinding with friends is the best fun you can possibly hope for in a mmorpg.
    Where the hell did all of this come from? Joke or no joke, lol...

This can't be true!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    If skyrim is any indication it'll be fun but have 8383737 bugs. Not sure if it'll be worth a day 1 try.
    If it being an MMO is any indication, all the NPCs and quests will be basic and mostly static with boring fetch quests, which is a good 7,981,302 potential bugs not happening.

You can't get Skyrim-level of gameplay in an MMO, it's just not feasible unless you want to either instance the fuck out of the game, or do it Diablo style where you're free to create lobbies and join up with a small number of companions to proceed to whatever. At that point it's not an MMO at all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Read another article this morning on this that suggested Todd Howard has been saying he doesn't want to do an MMO in order to divert attention from their MMO project. Lost the link because it was on my phone's news feed, but pretty epic trolling if this is true.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Euro Gamer has now posted some info....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-in-may-report

Banned.

BG Level

Interesting. I wonder if they'll go with a dynamic event system like Guild Wars 2. That seems like it would be more like Elder Scrolls.

The expansion packs make themselves, too. Start us all off in Summerset Isle or somewhere, keep making us buy expansions until we're back in Morrowind.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm curious about the combat, since that's been the weakest part of the series (imo)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

This will probably be nothing like an elder scrolls game, but rather, just a pasting of the elder scroll name on the box to sell copies with your usual casual/instance friendly re-skinned WoW mmo. Joy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Hypothetically, my only concern is whether or not this would cease production of Elder Scrolls single-player games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag