Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Hard to get anything from that SS since early beta build is probably very early. I do love that (what I am assuming to be) warrior's facial expresion as they swing that polearm.. err stick. looks like he is trying to take a dick in his mouth at the same time

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not the art style that I was expecting. Based off that one image, at least it looks good. I'm expecting nothing out of this. Best case scenario it releases with a good F2P model so theres actually some incentive to play this over the other WoW clones out there. I don't think this is going to be a WoW clone though, overall it won't be like WoW at all.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It sounds and looks like an inferior version of GW2 with more WoW-styled gameplay. This is going to be horrible.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    It sounds and looks like an inferior version of GW2 with more WoW-styled gameplay. This is going to be horrible.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

LOL

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So many pissed off fans, even on official forums. Worst MMO reveal ever?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../349792/page/1

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It doesn't help that Todd Howard has been saying stuff like this for the past year:

[Aug 31st 2011] “I like this kind of game better,” he said. “You know, it’s what most of us are into. I’m not really an MMO guy. I respect them, I look at them, but I don’t play them. It feels more real to me when I’m the hero and it’s crafted for that. A community aspect to it, I recognize a lot of people would want that in a game like this, but it changes the flavor for me.

“The audience we have for our kind of thing is big enough that we don’t have to tone it down. We can just do our thing, and it’s kind of grown with each game. So there was no pressure from anybody above me to say ‘Hey, you need to change this.’”
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08...r-scrolls-mmo/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Its not an Elder Scrolls MMO, its a generic turd with the Elder Scrolls label on it. I imagine this will do about as well as the Star Trek MMO.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I expect no elder scroll main title games once this is out there.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This was quite possibly the most amusing series of comments I've ever seen on a video game board.

Thanks BIOWARE for fucking up Single player RPG's for good. Now everyone wants to take single player games and put them online for a sub fee. This is crap and no chance it will end well. It will screw up a legendary franchise.
    Redirect your anger at Final Fantasy, they started it. Everyone else is just jumping on the cash cow.
    Yeah and we saw how well they did on FF14. That company destroyed their reputation thanks to trying to cash in. Bioware completely destroyed their reputation also.
    There is so much wrong with everything there... SO MUCH...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I commented it looked like a cross between Rift and Amalur.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

lol..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Are those the only games you've played? You're missing quite a few games that look better than some of those.
    i've played other mmo's but they seem to fit in the categories best SWTOR been the 60-50% mark 14 been around the 80% mark and tera looking like mmo artwork of the gods

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Oh man, where did that pic come from? It's pure genius.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Me: I wonder what other game used the Heroic Engine.

SWTOR: LOL I know right? Who the hell would use such a silly engine and use the same old formulaic principles you have posted half a dozen times. I mean it is one of the key reasons (out of many) as to why games like these ultimately fail and go F2P rather quickly... assuming it starts off as a P2P model.

Me: I agree there sensible SWTOR.

Me: Nothing like a game that brings that feeling of nostalgia from 2008, or was it 2004. So why is this game still coming out?

Elder: I can answer that. See even though we realized (at the later stages of development) that our game is pretty generic and crappy... we realized we have to recoup some of that money. We dug a hole way too deep and canceling the project (which started in 2007) now with $0.00 profit would be absurd.

Me: I agree it would be absurd.

Elder: So we are doing what the majority of these theme park P2P MMORPG (and rather costly titles) usually do... put sprinkles on the turd in hopes no one realizes it's a turd. We will also use one amazing feature that other major companies have used such as Enix Triangle and Arts of Electronica in the past.

Me: What is that?

Elder: Emotional ties to the title.

Me: Oh good idea! Yeah that is true, there are those folks so emotionally attached to a series that just having the name pop up on their computer screen is more than enough and wait in hopes that the game gets better over time (in case it isn't well received). If all else fails just use P.R. that you have some major revision or patch upcoming and make it all worthwhile.

Elder: Sugoi Ambrosia! Sugoi!

Me: Wait you aren't Japanese... Well in that case sign me up to 10 Collector's Editions when it comes out... since... you know... I'm emotionally attached... and I need to see the title "Elder Scrolls Online" flash up on my fucking screen.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

I think we are all to blame for this game. I think everyone at one point said they'd love an Elder Scrolls MMO. This is the price we have to pay.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Having only played Oblivion and Skyrim, I just don't see it working so well as an MMO. They could make it work, but ehh. I'd rather just multiplayer expansion pack for Skyrim.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I think we are all to blame for this game. I think everyone at one point said they'd love an Elder Scrolls MMO. This is the price we have to pay.
    For the record, I just wanted co-op in Skyrim. I never asked for this.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    For the record, I just wanted co-op in Skyrim. I never asked for this.
    Never asked for any multiplayer of any kind. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag