Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mists of Pandaria Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Account active since Dec. 05 + first day annual pass should mean a first few wave invite, right? It should, but not holding my breath.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Account active since Dec. 05 + first day annual pass should mean a first few wave invite, right?
    No

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

So you're saying they're not taking account length + when you signed up for the annual pass like they said they were? That's what I figured.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They published their beta access criteria? Because from a casual observer's standpoint, it looks like they flipped a coin for every recipient.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I am participating in the World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion; when do I begin testing?

We’re inviting Annual Pass holders in waves over the course of the beta test, and will be ramping up the number of invites we send as quickly as possible. We’ll be inviting Annual Pass holders based on several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass. Keep an eye on your Battle.net account and email for your invite to join the beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    They published their beta access criteria? Because from a casual observer's standpoint, it looks like they flipped a coin for every recipient.
    I think that's what they do regardless of what they say they do. It is kind of annoying having played since Vanilla and never getting a beta invite but by now i'm pretty used to it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I think that's what they do regardless of what they say they do. It is kind of annoying having played since Vanilla and never getting a beta invite but by now i'm pretty used to it.
    they say 1m+ applied for the annual pass... so they are their first priority to get into the beta since thats a large mandatory beta pool for any beta, let alone an xpac. Also, if MoP early beta is anything like Cata, servers were soo unstable at first so its understandable for them to start small before ramping up the beta. Inviting 50k+ initially would prolly constantly crash the servers lol

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

cata beta and wotlk beta first ... month

server up -> 15min server down -> up again, someone does something... like kill a certain mob, put on a certain gear and server crashed.

They fixed that with the "awesome white and blue cube" (I'm sure people that played the cata beta remembers this for worg hats). Anyway, main thing I'm sure they were worried about.. is with everyone and their grandma making panda's ... the zone would roll over and shit itself endlessly if a ton were added at once. You can just watch youtube beta streams, and see some videos with 30+ sitting around a NPC, or camping quest mobs/quest "pickup shit" things.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Pretty crazy they changed RFC up somewhat for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Perma-meta'd Demo Lock would be beastly in battlegrounds if you can maintain your DF stacks.
    With the Glyph that turns Meta form into tank, the Demonic Fury cost of maintaining Metamorphosis is removed, so it is permanent in 'tank form' as long as you don't skimp on using Demonic Slash

Assuming they plan to either make sure the damage reduction makes up for lack of dodge/parry or give some sort of conversion to gain those, I see no reason why it won't be a viable tank now that we've been given all the tools we need.

I'm really fucking excited for this

Edit: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/119839-fury-ward should end up being that extra damage reduction

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

New shadowbolt glyph...wtf awesome

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Dragonblight

Looks like they didn't fuck up AoE looting from beta videos. I am so relieved. Also, do my eyes deceive me or did that Arcane mage crit for 290k on his first arcane blast? I mean wow, I haven't even hit that high with full stacks and all buffs unless it was a gimmick boss. His AE also did 160k crit

25 man hc bosses with 1000m+ hp inc

and holy shit that new shadow bolt looks fucking sweet. It's about time we got some actual cool looking animations in this game. Fireball, frostbolt ect all need animation upgrades too.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

the tears.. oh god delicious tears.

wow forums are so interesting these days.

Re: Lock tanks

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/119839-fury-ward Should cover the extra damage reduction to bring up the slack of minimal dodge and no parry stat

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

warlock's beholder minion is fucking HUGE. wow. wonder if that will get shrunk.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Oh my god, I thought the cata warlock updates were good, MoP warlock looks awesome! The shadowbolt glyph graphic change is amazing.

I may reactivate for MoP just to play my favourite class for a bit.

Meta lock appears to shoot laser beams.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

holy shit. His health bar hasn't moved.

Tuning for how much damage reduction is given by the form is way out anyway, since it's so early, some people getting ridiculous numbers like mobs in level 85 heroics hitting for double* digits kind of thing.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

double digits, like, less then 100hp?

Yeah. Given that Meta form essentially maxes out armor right now (-75% physical damage from base attack), plus Soul Link (-25%), plus whatever reduction Meta Form gives, may include Fury Ward (channeled -30% damage), but still, for health pools as high as we have them atm, hits for sub 100 damage is way undertuned