Closed Thread
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

ore and ingots are somewhat common in abyssea-la theine if you're able to cleave for boxes. beyond that, ifrit's cauldron or mt. zhayholm mining unfortunately :/

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Went through 40 stacks of pickaxes in Halvung...0 luminium (I'm surprised SE never added these to abyssea or VW), 3 orich, couple gold ore.

afaik, the mining gear is supposed to just help lower pick break rate, and NQ/HQ are the same? The field shit from caskets is just more break-rate stuff presumably?

oh well cleaving frogs is always easy

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions for fun and/or challenging drg solos?

Tried Serket and Roc just now and was thoroughly bored. Incidentally, if Serket does his hate-reset thing, your wyvern can tank it for about 5-10 minutes if you want to go make a cup of tea.
    Proto-ultima!

I've asked a few days back but haven't gotten a response, so I'll try asking again.

When I login to BG, after a certain amount of minutes being inactive, it auto-logs me out, even if I check the Remember Me box below the password box. Is their a way to prevent auto-logout due to being inactive? I've checked my settings once logged in and haven't been able to find an option for it.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Demonry -> Rajas
    Brego -> AF3+2 (Yes, even though uncaps haste)
    Atheling -> Rancorous
    Rancor -> Nefarious

Outside Abyssea, Haste Spell (No Marches). After that it involves F100 Nyzul gear
    Awesome, thanks. Though I was really surprised about going down like 4% haste. Do the advantages of raiders really outweigh it that much?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    I've asked a few days back but haven't gotten a response, so I'll try asking again.

When I login to BG, after a certain amount of minutes being inactive, it auto-logs me out, even if I check the Remember Me box below the password box. Is their a way to prevent auto-logout due to being inactive? I've checked my settings once logged in and haven't been able to find an option for it.
    There is no auto-logout feature on BG. This is a byproduct of your browser settings somehow.

Not a game question per se, but one I am just curious about:

Who all liked WotG mission/storyline? (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Personally, I fucking hated it. Both. Stupidest setup, longest most boring cutscenes, most annoying quests.

Then, on top of all that, it seemed like the worst "bad guys" and "good girl." Lilisette was annoying and what the fuck is Lilith? Lilisette from the other world?

And if so, why the FUCK is that never said. That bothered me.

Atomos is a hunk of what? What IS Atomos? It's not like he's actually a bad guy. A more neutral-hungry thing. Seriously. What the fuck.

What the HELL is Odin doing in WotG anyway?

And then THEN Lilith is actually some wanna-be good person? No fuck that. Fuck all she did and then pleasehalpmesavemahworld.

No, fuck you bitch, go to hell.

Anyway. Yeap. Fuck WotG, seriously, all that for sum Refresh(or Regain). Awesome.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You may have enjoyed it more if you payed closer attention, to be honest. Everything you asked was touched upon, and some of it in great detail.

1) Lilith was the psychological result of the emotional changes Lilisette went through in the world of strife, and the physical result of having made a pact with Odin. In our(Lilisette's) version of the Crystal War, everything went "according to plan". She in turn developed into the spirited youth we're familiar with. In the world of strife, she pretty much dealt with death after death after death, which hardened her heart so to speak, and created a colder, more mature woman.

2) See above.

3) Atomos is an avatar. I don't believe it falls under the category of terrestrial, but it also isn't celestial either to my understanding. Someone will be able to clarify on that. As you said, he's neither good nor evil. He's a universal scale/vacuum cleaner. Altana (indirectly) turned him on, and he began weighing the worlds.

4) Odin is, akin to Atomos, neither good nor evil. He's actually remarkably similar to Schultz and.. the demon.. who's name I don't recall at the moment. He enjoys handing out shiny toys and watching how the world reacts to them. In WotG, he pretty much handed out shiny toys to anyone and everyone. Raogrimm(The Shadow Lord), Lilith, Portia and Ragelise(sp?). He has a hand in virtually everything always, either directly or indirectly.

5) Lilith isn't technically a "bad guy". Lilith is an antihero. She's doing everything in her power to protect her world. From her point of view, our world is not legitimate, and as such, she seems to feel little remorse in regard to perpetuating its demise. Granted, she isn't entirely right of mind in general as a result of the aforementioned psychological trauma she's experienced, but she isn't explicitly "evil". Her world is "correct", our world is "fake", and it's up to her to make sure it stays that way.

Overall, I really enjoyed WotG. Not all of the plot devices were my cup of tea, but any storyline involving time travel is inevitably going to leave something to be desired. You cannot please everyone with a time travel plot. Everything is either contradictory, paradoxical, or so blatantly absurd that you want to throw something at the screen.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Very well explained, Dotsudoku, you summed WotG pretty well, I think. I too enjoyed it, probably the most of the main storylines.

However, I have a question, regarding what you said in point 3:

WotG SPOILERS

- How's Odin involved with Raogrimm/Shadowlord? I think only Lilith and her allies did a pact with him... Is that said explicitly or implicitly in any cs?

/WotG SPOILERS

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    1. How do I .dat swap

2. I want Ogier's Helm > Valhalla Helm

3. I want Nyzul Lamps > Rename for ultimate exploits
    3. Theres a link to modded lamp dat in the nyzul thread.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Proto-ultima!
    Hmm, and I could super-jump is big-ass laser thing!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePie View Post
    Which 3 Atma help tachi: shoha damage the most? aka: which 3 should I use?
    currently use VV/SA/apoc...but really Idk why Apoc, the triple attack proc is nice but it doesn't happen to often (talking about just WS damage here, it does help to TP I'm aware).

idk if I should drop out apoc for something else or if this is best setup.
    I was messing around on SAM capping some skills on dolls not too long ago. Not sure which three are the "best" in terms of overall WS dmg but the ones I messed around with were VV, Apoc, Sundering Slash, Savior, Griffon's Claw. I tend to shy away from the mathy parts of ffxi and just try to set myself up to do better than most but not as good as some so to me I think the best in terms of WS dmg would probably be VV, Savior, and Griffon's Claw. I'm sure there are career SAM's out there that can probably shed more light on this.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

1. How do I .dat swap

2. I want Ogier's Helm > Valhalla Helm
    Grab Altanaviewer, Select your race (Face type doesn't matter), Select the item you want to swap to, and look in the bottom bar for the path to the dat. Elv M ogier's helm is ROM/271/65.dat, Elv M Valhalla is ROM/186/0.dat. After you have the numbers, copy > paste the file and rename it. Just in case you cause terrible, terrible errors by mistake, instead of deleting, rename the old file 65_OLD.dat or something similar.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone ever have a mission magically complete itself? Like after 6 months of complaining about how I was stuck on a mission and SE having no idea what the problem was all of a sudden last night the dev team reports that somehow all the work of the mission was done and just had to talk to last guy... which I had done before to no avail lol

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Grab Altanaviewer, Select your race (Face type doesn't matter), Select the item you want to swap to, and look in the bottom bar for the path to the dat. Elv M ogier's helm is ROM/271/65.dat, Elv M Valhalla is ROM/186/0.dat. After you have the numbers, copy > paste the file and rename it. Just in case you cause terrible, terrible errors by mistake, instead of deleting, rename the old file 65_OLD.dat or something similar.
    can i do lamps in altanaviewer too, or I do need to get polutils and altanaviewer to achieve my goals?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

can i do lamps in altanaviewer too, or I do need to get polutils and altanaviewer to achieve my goals?
    Just polutils for lamps.

Aight, thanks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Not a game question per se, but one I am just curious about:

Who all liked WotG mission/storyline? (SPOILERS AHEAD)
    WotG is the worst expansion to date, and in some instances worse than the add-ons too. The people who told you "WotG is awesome!" before you started were trolling you, it's an inside joke.

But yay, TP bonus.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The missions are very annoying long and stupid at times but the story is nice

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The missions are very annoying long and stupid at times but the story is nice
    I see what you did there.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast