Closed Thread
Page 1097 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1047 1087 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1107 1147 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I don't understand why you guys have to do your own taxes, particularly for people who are employees. Over here you can do it yourself but that's mainly for the self-employed, directors etc. but usually an accountant is used for that. When you're an employee (if things have changed in the last 7 years, please correct me as I'm a director now), the government just takes tax from your wages over the whole financial year and that's usually it (I think).

Edit. I mean, yeah, you have to declare shit, like pensions, any benefits, getting married, kids etc (I presume, not got any of those).

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

They do. But most of us can get a lot of that money back in the form of a refund, so of course we'll file.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I don't understand why you guys have to do your own taxes, particularly for people who are employees. Over here you can do it yourself but that's mainly for the self-employed, directors etc. but usually an accountant is used for that. When you're an employee (if things have changed in the last 7 years, please correct me as I'm a director now), the government just takes tax from your wages over the whole financial year and that's usually it (I think).

Edit. I mean, yeah, you have to declare shit, like pensions, any benefits, getting married, kids etc (I presume, not got any of those).
    They take too much or people pay too much... or too little. So we are either owed or owe.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We don't trust the IRS to get it right.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's tons of reasons why your withholdings wont match what you owe. They are generally setup to take too much anyways, situations change, you didn't or couldn't really plan for various deductions etc. If you don't do it yourself and it was in your favor grats you gave Uncle Sam some free money and they definitely wont remind you about it. If it was in their favor and you didn't do it have fun when they come calling for money

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Fucking idiot customer starts chat while driving stating they need an answer now since they are in the highway driving about new vehicle inventory and gets pissed if when the scripted off site chat person asks questions. I hate people, seriously it's fucking raining and you're both breaking the law texting and driving and putting others at risk.

I hate people.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To update my scumbag roommate story. He said his return won't be in until Friday at the earliest which means I will have to cancel my trip that I've been planning since last year. My salt has reached maximum capacity and I've informed him in no uncertain terms that he needs to be out by March 1st and yes, he does still owe me that money.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    To update my scumbag roommate story. He said his return won't be in until Friday at the earliest which means I will have to cancel my trip that I've been planning since last year. My salt has reached maximum capacity and I've informed him in no uncertain terms that he needs to be out by March 1st and yes, he does still owe me that money.
    Fuck roommates and that guy in particular, I'm seriously sorry. I know it's difficult to sometimes not have one but even we have the space but have made other sacrifices and made it work somehow though at times it's not fun. I hope things work out and if it were me I'd kick him out now you seriously owe him nothing.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    you gotta get your next roommate on the lease. or ask your landlord for an extra week

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I made him pay first and last month's rent and security deposit when he moved in. I'm keeping the security deposit and calling it late fees. Fuck him.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

well if he has to be out March 1 then technically he has paid February's rent! YOU DID IT

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Kindle unlimited is the worst.

Thankfully I only ordered the free trial. Unsubscribing that shit so fast.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Last night, in between bites of the ice cream that I had just bought for her, my three year old daughter said, "I wish I had a different daddy."

I know she doesn't have any idea what she's saying 'cause she's 3, but while laughing it off a little part of me died inside.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    Last night, in between bites of the ice cream that I had just bought for her, my three year old daughter said, "I wish I had a different daddy."

I know she doesn't have any idea what she's saying 'cause she's 3, but while laughing it off a little part of me died inside.
    The fuck ? I mean part of me probably thinks every kid says off the wall shit but that's random..? See that's why I knew having kids would be bad for me because with my anxiety/depression/rejection issues even hearing that once would send me into a downward spiral.

I know I said some godawful stuff as a teenager and in my early adult years to my parents but damn that's rough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    wake up, turn the faucet, no water

WELL THEN.
    Could be worse. I've had it happen more than once where I'm in the middle of a shower and a water main/pipe breaks somewhere. Then it becomes a scramble to at least get the shampoo out of my hair.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post

Must have gotten the wrong flavor... seriously though she's 3 that's literally probably the most she means by it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So it's about time for another visit to see my gf but we wanted to go somewhere this time. Just so happens she was invited to a wedding in Fl she wanted to go to but didn't want to with no date. Fl is nice she loves it and heck I haven't been there for like 30 years so why not.

Except they planned their wedding in winter so of course it looks like it's going to be partially cloudy/decent chance of rain most the days around then. Even sadder because even though she visited me last summer in Cali it was cloud and overcast most the time too lol. Oh bonus fail points the wedding is for her ex

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So it's about time for another visit to see my gf but we wanted to go somewhere this time. Just so happens she was invited to a wedding in Fl she wanted to go to but didn't want to with no date. Fl is nice she loves it and heck I haven't been there for like 30 years so why not.

Except they planned their wedding in winter so of course it looks like it's going to be partially cloudy/decent chance of rain most the days around then. Even sadder because even though she visited me last summer in Cali it was cloud and overcast most the time too lol. Oh bonus fail points the wedding is for her ex
    Booooooo Florida.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Booooooo Florida.
    Boooo your mom!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh yes Florida sucks how will I ever deal with this Florida winter...oh wait...
    Spoiler: show

Yeah, I'm good.