Closed Thread
Page 1113 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1063 1103 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1123 1163 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So about 6 months ago I felt a lump in my left breast. I didn't have a GP at the time so I registered at a local GP and got an appointment to have it checked out - that took about 6 weeks. I got referred to my local hospital to have a mammogram and ultrasound. They showed that I had a cyst that they said wasn't cancerous, just that it had fluid in it. I had it drained (probably about 50-100ml of liquid) and tests were made. Took about 2 weeks to get the results just before Christmas and that there was nothing to worry about in regards to the liquid that was drained. I had another appointment at the beginning of January to check it again and the cyst had refilled. They drained it again and this time said to come back in February to see what had happened. Same thing again, so this time they did a biopsy.

I got the results last Wednesday that I have HER2 breast cancer. I think the cyst has cancerous cells on/in it. I had an MRI last Thursday which showed I had a 7cm cyst. I've had a kidney test and a heart ultrasound (ECG) this week in preparation for starting chemo next week. My treatment is called TCHP and it will be administered over 2 days (at least the first cycle will be) every 3 weeks for 6 cycles. Then there will be a break while I recover from the chemo and then I'll have a mastectomy (just the one breast).

So I've got fun times ahead. Made a lot of preparations this week in regards to my flat and my mum will be staying with me during the first treatment. My hope is that I'll still be able to do work, even if it's from home (most of what I do is at a computer).

I'm keeping positive, mostly by not looking up too much information about the chemo - ignorance is bliss as they say. Had a hair cut yesterday to trim my hair pretty short. Bought myself my first cashmere jumper for when I get cold.

I'm going to see Logan tonight, might be my last film for a while lol.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I'm so sorry you are going through that I can't even imagine. I truly hope things go as well as can be expected given the circumstances.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So coworker goes to write up invoice for customer... asks me to print one up because we are out. I ask him if he is sure because pretty sure I printed a batch up right before I left work yesterday. He says yeah looked at it right now and it's empty. Well turns out there were 10 in the clipboard we keep them which he had taken out <.<. But wait it gets better he pulled some out mid print but only some... and he takes them out of order they fucking printed in. So he ends up writing up an invoice with our copy being a completely different invoice number than the customer copy. Oh and to top it all off doesn't even complete filling out said invoice. And somehow this potato got his HS diploma

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    And somehow this potato got his HS diploma
    I don't understand why you think a High School diploma means people are intelligent.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Job searching right now and there are jobs requiring Bachelors and/or 3-5 years experience that only pay $11-$14 per hour. McDonalds in Ann Arbor is paying food prep $10.25 per hour.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Job searching right now and there are jobs requiring Bachelors and/or 3-5 years experience that only pay $11-$14 per hour. McDonalds in Ann Arbor is paying food prep $10.25 per hour.
    During the .com crash in the bay area, basic tech support job paying 12 an hour required a Bachelors in computer science AND fluent in japanese. Saw that posting on Monster for almost a year before it went away.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Pretty much the same in the Bay Area so I lucked out with my new job offer. It's fucking ridiculous no other way to describe it. And why though it pains me to say I can't bring myself to get my degree.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I don't understand why you think a High School diploma means people are intelligent.
    Whoa there never said that. I wasn't describing someone who was merely not intelligent I was describing someone who I'm not completely sure can tie his shoes on his own. I'd expect someone with a HS diploma to at least be able to fill out a very simple form they've been screwing up for months and to actually be able to see them right in front of their faces and follow incredibly simple directions do basic addition/multiplication with a calculator actually show up to stops etc. The only saving grace is sometimes he tries to get into political discussions with his potato IQ which is hilarious to hear.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Whoa there never said that. I wasn't describing someone who was merely not intelligent I was describing someone who I'm not completely sure can tie his shoes on his own. I'd expect someone with a HS diploma to at least be able to fill out a very simple form they've been screwing up for months and to actually be able to see them right in front of their faces and follow incredibly simple directions do basic addition/multiplication with a calculator actually show up to stops etc. The only saving grace is sometimes he tries to get into political discussions with his potato IQ which is hilarious to hear.
    You really don't know how easy it is to get a HS diploma nowadays do you ? I think my GED test was harder to be honest back in 2003, lol.
    Seriously as long as you don't get expelled you can pretty much just coast it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'd expect someone with a HS diploma to at least be able to fill out a very simple form they've been screwing up for months
    Again.

High School is like daycare. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I paid nearly 200 grand (more with interest now) for a J.D. and still see jobs that pay $22 an hour and require my degree.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I mean I spent 140k for a Bachelors. A law degree for 60k more seems like a good deal.

My fail for the day. I was trying to get a payment in for half a million, which I think I complained about before. Finally got all the shit I needed from our subcontractors on Wednesday afternoon. The city guy told me Wednesday afternoon he'll be away next week and his boss straight up said he wouldn't do the payment himself.

So I give them everything first thing Thursday morning. The guy reviewing it says he'll send me an email if he has any issues. Calls me later to tell me there are minor issues, a value didn't match on one form to another. This is an easy fix I can do in 5 minutes if he tells me which form he's talking about. Then says that some other person from the city is coming to review it and he'd get me comments by the end of the day yesterday.

I didn't get anything so I call him and ask whats going on, and he promises me he'd get it to me in an hour. Come 2pm he finally sends me the comments, but the new comments require I get some forms changed and those forms have to be notarized. Our notary has apparently left some time before I'm able to get the forms changed, so now it seems like I have to wait an extra week for my payment to go in?

If he had just sent me the comments yesterday or this morning like he promised I would have had this shit done and could have hand delivered the package. Now it's too late because he's already left. I bet he fucking planned it like that. Give me a whole list of shit, contrary to what he told me yesterday, to change at 2pm so even if I could finish within an hour I wouldn't be able to drive to the office and deliver it myself before he left.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Anyone have experience with medical billing and coding? My class plus book only cost $305 and it looks like jobs around my area start at $14. Not sure how much the test is. I think around $175. I plan to resume classes for computer programming after finishing this course.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

It's something I looked into at one point because you can sometimes get government jobs with the certificate which pay much higher. However my accuracy and hence speed is shit due to my carpal tunnel so I never pursued it locally.

It can be tedious and monotonous but can have decent job security. I recommend checking jobs in Glassdoor and indeed to get a feel for reviews and pay.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Reading all these horror stories for jobs makes me feel lucky. I dislike my job(mainly cause of the people & infrastructure) and from time to time have looked for another job but I don't know that I'll ever get anything close to what I get now. $26.50 with full benefits, RRSP plan(basically pension), job security, yearly raises, yearly bonus, stock plan, tons of OT(anything over 40hrs is 1.5x and they offer A LOT) and they'll even pay for schooling if they feel it's a course that would be beneficial to them(paid for a friends complete HR schooling then she left after lol) and only a HS diploma to my name

I mean I spent 140k for a Bachelors. A law degree for 60k more seems like a good deal
    Cost of my BA: £3,300
    Cost of my MA: £3,600

America, this is not a good deal.

Random fail: travelled 200 miles to see my team lose.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I just got gilt tripped to going back to work at 7pm. Fuck all this noise. I'm gonna need some drinks tonight to wash down all this bullshittery.

Edit: crisis averted. But god damn I'm so pissed that my supervisor doesn't step up and do some of the heavy lifting.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obev View Post
    Cost of my BA: £3,300
    Cost of my MA: £3,600

America, this is not a good deal.

Random fail: travelled 200 miles to see my team lose.
    I never said that our education loan system as a whole was a good deal, only that comparatively he has a higher degree for less than 50% more than what I paid.

My cousins who live in Ireland paid something similar to you, Obev, to get their degrees.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

They are demolishing the bridge near my house on Monday and I only have one good camera body to take photos with. I want a second body for a different lens and a third body to set up for video. No money and no rental places nearby to get additional cameras before then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Again.

High School is like daycare. I'm not sure what you were expecting.
    Basically I'd expect them to do something along the level of what I had in 2nd grade... I'd also expect school not to be daycare though my daycare probably required more than I see these days