Closed Thread
Page 1128 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1078 1118 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1138 1178 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Holy fuck it's like I can't take vacation days at my work because despite my planning people still won't do shit while I'm out. I've gotten the "Well we didn't want to call and bother you on your days off" twice now. I get it, some people hate that, but I specifically told people to call me if they needed help or had questions. I would MUCH rather you call me on my day off for a 5 minute conversation than be blindsided when I come back to work and find shit wasn't done and I'm now I'm hours (in some cases, days) behind on work.

MOTHERFUCKERS.
    It's not that they don't want to bother you

It's that they don't want to do the work

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

They don't get paid to do his job.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have the training class from hell right now.

* One guy called out sick (99% certain alcohol related but can't prove it) so I have to somehow catch him back up
    * Two of them complained about the hotel so I had to move the whole group of 4 of them mid-day to another hotel (keep in mind, our hotel bill for trainees is $6-7k so hotels aren't happy about refunding)
    * One of them complains about the free lunch I provide them every day (I take them to nice restaurants and pay out of my pocket to be reimbursed later)
    * Two of the 4 are also useless at the material so I'm sending them home as soon as I get enough proof they can't do the job

But to top it off, I get a phone call tonight after I get home from work. 'Car you provided us overheated and broke down'. Get out there to find that the very obvious cause of the car overheating is someone has clearly hit something like a curb or maybe the ramp things in front of parking spots and it has fucked up the radiator. Of course they all plead ignorance. I did notice the car sound like it was mis-aligned or some shit at lunch but it was fine yesterday lunch so they clearly did it last night or this morning. I would hazard a guess drink driving last night, I'm going to check the GPS log.

This is literally a first for every single one of these things that has happened during this class (except the being poor at the material). It is only day 3 of 8 for this training group....

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Christ, I'd jettison the whole fucking lot of them.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

WTF kind of training job is this for..just fucking hell cut your loses now ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

got fired today , saw it coming my manager had been feeding upper management bullshit about me being "unprofessional" then not telling me how or what and when i would go above her to get answers id be reprimanded , finally came to head when i was fired while being the #1 performer in my office in every metric but 1 , but i did not go silently into the night and the ripple effect is going to be real already 2 coworkers are looking at leaving. (this is a small team or 7 so losing close to 50% of skilled workers and the#1 and#3 performers due to a manager whos being 2 faced will hurt them)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's training to work out in the field doing service and installation. Can't really give more details than that or the company as it's a pretty large company and I am very easily identifiable by my role. The company has rules about posting shit on the internet. What I will say is I've been with the company 12 years and this is the worst training class I've had in that time (unless you count classes of 1, I've had some awful people in solo)

I'll be cutting my losses as soon as I have enough proof to get rid of them. Unfortunately HR make it very difficult to get rid of someone, even new trainees. I'd guess that 1 out of the 4 will work out long-term.

Some people take the piss though. We fly them out to Florida from their location. We put them up in a nice hotel for 12 days (usually 4-5*). We pay for all their expenses over those days. Once they get home we provide them with company vehicles and equipment (Tablets, phones, etc). We also offer pretty bitching benefits for a US company (28 days holiday off the bat + good health, dental and vision insurance for ~$50 a month). We pay overtime no questions asked and we also pay for drive time (which can be upwards of 6-8 hours a day). Yet some of these fuckers act like they are mistreated

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I have no idea why but the sound of a clinking spoon and slurping soup is enough to drive me to a state of pure rage and hatred

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Reposting this in here because I'm still fucking mayad as hell.

Just got this custom rebinding for my sister as a birthday gift.

Fucking guy forgot to finishing painting it.

He lives in the fucking UK. WHAT A DAY FOLKS.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Also because having custom made books is fucking First World.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So had this weird slightly nauseous headachy feeling for last week and feel like I'm always full which has made it hard to remember to eat enough each day and made me feel like not exercising as when I start it gets worse. But the really odd thing is if I eat a decent amount it goes away for a little while which led to my most ridiculously cheat day every. And also oddly once I get up to my higher heart rates like 160-180 it goes away until I more or less completely recover from that. Which has lead to some of my best bike ride times ever despite not having cracked my top 10 in the year or so since my leg/foot started doing stuff

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So had this weird slightly nauseous headachy feeling for last week and feel like I'm always full which has made it hard to remember to eat enough each day and made me feel like not exercising as when I start it gets worse. But the really odd thing is if I eat a decent amount it goes away for a little while which led to my most ridiculously cheat day every. And also oddly once I get up to my higher heart rates like 160-180 it goes away until I more or less completely recover from that. Which has lead to some of my best bike ride times ever despite not having cracked my top 10 in the year or so since my leg/foot started doing stuff
    Have you been neglecting carbs entirely by chance? Sounds exactly like that 1-2 week transition to low carb.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Induction phase or keto flu.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Have you been neglecting carbs entirely by chance? Sounds exactly like that 1-2 week transition to low carb.
    Naw same amount I always do which tends to be about 30-50g net. Well except cheat days in which I destroy that (though not as much last one since no alky or much dessert. Killed the sodium though) and have to do a small transition again but never really had the so called keto flu though I've never gone to the crazy low amounts some people do and most my life I've always been lower than most people on carbs. Normally what happens when I got back into it after cheat day is my headaches go away (it's actually why I went to low carb as I found my chronic migraines pretty much disappear on it so cheat days often bring them back for a day or 2) I'm a little less hungry for a day or 2 but not actively full and I pee a lot/drop all that water weight I put on

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Induction phase or keto flu.
    This. Keto flu is real get some extra electrolytes!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ahem again diets the same it's been for over a year and never had this issue.

Other fail get a call from a local number I don't recognize. So of course I don't answer. Turns out it's my doctors office calling on a number they don't have listed any place I looked and not the one they usually call me from. They leave a message telling me my appointment for tomorrow is canceled because they figured out they really should order some more tests since the ones so far haven't pointed to something but need me to call back to set up appointment. I call back within a couple of minutes of that and no one picks up goes to their voicemail directory... both numbers. These fuckers absolutely refuse to ever actually answer a phone

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

the one day - THE ONE FUCKING DAY - my bus doesn't show up... and it's midterm day.

I walked half a mile and caught another bus and barely made it but WTF, seriously? I was pissed as fuck.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

BOOTSTRAPS!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I walked 4.9 miles from my mechanic to my house because I was impatient for my buddy to pick me up. Fuck me. Wait, I'm fat. Good for me!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So last Saturday after work, I start my car and it suddenly dies. Pick it up yesterday, and it turns out to have been a problem with the grounding wire on the battery. Go out to leave for work today, and my car is stuck in the mud in our driveway. Finally get it pushed out onto gravel, and when I put it in reverse and hit the gas, it somehow drives forward instead, back into the mud. So somehow, 1-5 and reverse all go foward.

I'm pissed at my car, and it hurts because its my baby. Bought it new in '98 and finally hit 60k miles last month.