Closed Thread
Page 1134 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1084 1124 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1144 1184 ... LastLast
    She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually still use yahoo..though Thunderbird (which has a lot better interface), I wouldn't use their web interface on a bet though.

My fail; I recently had to get a tooth pulled. I'm one of the rare folks that has a few baby teeth as a adult; one of them went rotten. I'm going in for a cleaning at a nearby dental hygenist's school at the end of next month. No more lost teeth at my age, I hope. I do NOT want dentures.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So you use Thunderbird.

That's totally acceptable. I have no beefs with people using email forwarding from old accounts but heading to Yahoo.com and logging in should be illegal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So later today my phone figures out it's all fucked up tells me I'm not really configured for sms and need to install stuff. So problem resolved I guess but wtf was that not already done and why was it semi working lol. I pay top dollar here in the first world so people in the 3rd world can make sure this shit is already ready to go

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Disrespectful shit whose blown off two weeks in a row of not picking up her phone had the balls to tell the receptionist that she can't check her e-mail without her phone, despite the fact for years before I showed up, since they worked remotely they would log into the secure web mail to deal with all their e-mail. Wanted to do it today, flat out told her I don't have time with 3 laptops I have to have configured by end of day tomorrow and two of them have mobile SATA hard drives, so I can't use my duplicator.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Blowing my nose and starts bleeding. Normally I'm pretty quick at catching these things even in my sleep but this time got a bit all over my work shirt. gdi

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Ugh some people have absolutely no listening skills.

Get asked to contribute towards a retirement party for my old supervisor and mentor. Say I'll toss in money ($20 per person) but skip lunch because my work takes up at least a solid 6 hour block of my day. Response is that my supervisor and manager are adjusting work schedules to ensure everyone is able to go and enjoy the catered lunch that 70+ people are attending including a the site GM and at least 3 department directors.

Fast forward to the daily meeting - someone inquires about the shift in work schedule on the party day. Supervisor half-acknowledges the question. Emails everyone that there is no change in work schedule and I may as well skip this party. FFS you were told by the fucking party organizers that this shit is happening and YOUR BOSS approved the schedule change. Please get your head out of your ass for at least 30 minutes and use your fucking ears and comprehend this situation.

Good news is I'll be tearing his ass a new one in front of a Lean Manufacturing manager and my manager when they realize he is ineffective in directing day-to-day operations.

Just going to quietly meltdown over here because the number of people making my life miserable vastly outnumber those who even try to make it the slightest bit better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go to pay my last overcosted payment to AT&T and yay account already shows service terminated so don't have to mess with that. But fuckers tacked on an extra buck. What's even worse is it's not like I was a day or 2 into next cycle and got charged a tiny pro rated bit I instead terminated a like a week before it ended. But they been slowing adding shit on for awhile now part of the reason kicking them to the curb

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Just going to quietly meltdown over here because the number of people making my life miserable vastly outnumber those who even try to make it the slightest bit better.
    Work or personal or both ?

I know I've been there and recently found changes in both have helped immensely. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this though. I hope things get better .

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Work or personal or both ?

I know I've been there and recently found changes in both have helped immensely. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this though. I hope things get better .
    Primarily personal. I'd like to say it'd just be easy to purge them all and find better people elsewhere, but living in a more rural area of Ohio doesn't exactly afford easy access to like-minded folk. Tried to put the internet to use in the past to see if I could find any sort of local-ish groups I may better mesh with, but I'm either not looking in the right places or I'm more of an odd duck than I think.

tl;dr version: Don't be a nerd in redneck country.

Anyway, last night's trigger was seeing someone be a total hypocrite and people flocking to their defense. I've butt heads with this person before, but the most annoying thought once I got out of the situation was a mix of never really feeling like anyone's got my back and that people are never nice to me without immediately expecting something in return. Getting any more specific in a public forum isn't really something I'm wild about for the moment.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm at work super early in the day because of a specific time thing I had to cover, now just killing time and nobody is awake yet on social media and all the top reddit posts are very Euro specific and I don't get most of the humor

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I'm at work super early in the day because of a specific time thing I had to cover, now just killing time and nobody is awake yet on social media and all the top reddit posts are very Euro specific and I don't get most of the humor
    I work Thursday Friday Saturday 6a-6p and this is my life. I usually try to snooze or play some games on my phone because I'm too tired to even take my laptop out and set it up to play games or really do anything. Starting May 1st I switch to 9a-9p though so we'll see how that goes.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Do your job! BOOTSTRAPS!

But seriously, you should just read.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

you should listen to podcasts

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

the greatest tragedy at my job is that e-readers aren't allowed on the call floor.

also, arus, are there any game shops nearby? even like 40-50 miles away would still be near enough. stop in when you have time and ask about any events. tabletop gamers are usually pretty cool peeps, and pretty widespread. even just regular board games would be baller. maybe ask at the local library too? I talk to some pretty fuckin redneck people at work and you'd be surprised how many of em will make offhand comments about playing board games and shit. had one redneck lady talk my ear off about chess while we were waiting for her box to reboot.

even rednecks have their nerds, man, you just gotta find em. Maybe in your area they take the form of another type of hobby. Off-roading or something? Who knows? Important thing is to get involved in a group that is focused around enjoying a hobby. vitally important, though: do not talk about politics or other socially sensitive topics. this area is pretty decently tolerant, but we have a rule at the game shop that we don't talk about politics because we're diverse enough that it COULD get ugly, and we're all there to have a good time, and no one wants it to get ugly. That's what makes it work, though. Everyone is there to enjoy the hobby, so we all agree to leave politics at the door. Sure, it leaks sometimes, but since we're all there to enjoy the hobby, it's easier to ignore the leakage and focus on the fun.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fact. It hasn't always been easy but I've always found a game/comic store wherever I went as long as there was a semi decent population. Middle of fucking no where SC sure thing... small and could barely get enough people for a mtg draft each Friday but they was there. Even Guam I found a couple of places lol. And most people are there to enjoy the heck out of whatever the hell they are there for

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I've had my pillows for over 20 years and always seem to forget that make me wake up sniffly/sick every day until I go away on a trip and wake up not feeling like shit.

How often are you supposed to replace pillows? And do you guys have any recommendations for allergy friendly pillows? If you throw out a rec in regards to firmness can you tell me if you are side/stomach/back sleeper or not.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Cuz seriously, the bedding and mattress in my hotel were awful compared to my bed at home but I actually woke up feeling rested rather than congested and dizzy.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

supposedly if you fluff them regularly you can make a pillow last a long ass time but you can also buy new pillows for like 2 bucks at Walmart so meh. I just use em until they get too gross then demote them to knee/leg status with a new set to replace them... but its only been like 5 years since I started buying my own pillows so idk man, but im pretty sure they don't last 20 years

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I GOT YOU FAM

ACQUIRE ONE OF THESE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ACQUIRE ONE SET OF THESE (2 IF YOU'RE A BOSS AND HAVE A BIG BED LIKE ME): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1