Closed Thread
Page 1140 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1090 1130 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1150 1190 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I bought a bunch of shit from amazon more than two weeks ago and the fuckers haven't shipped jacksquat yet. It's been stuck in 'preparing for shipping' hell for 16 days. Lolk.

Fuck it, canceled this shit (bunch of omega 3s and glucosamine stuffs).
    Look into the bulksuppliments brand on amazon. Never had a problem, and they give you an email for free shit after you order. It's pretty nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So seems like the little latchy claw things on my microwave door broke and just freely move up and down so they wont keep the door latched closed and more importantly make the microwave actually ya know do it's thing. Good thing I do most my cooking at the stove but sure is nice for reheat

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So seems like the little latchy claw things on my microwave door broke and just freely move up and down so they wont keep the door latched closed and more importantly make the microwave actually ya know do it's thing. Good thing I do most my cooking at the stove but sure is nice for reheat
    Time for that portable induction cooktop!

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

My false tooth snapped in half tonight eating a chicken sandwich. I look like I should be living in the third world.
    Which I suppose puts me in the wrong thread, but you know what fuck you

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ugh.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Tooth problems are the absolute worst. Speaking of which my right back molar is acting up which means I have to go. FUCK.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Tooth fails? Ok!

Spent 2 grand on a new crown (after insurance), only to have my gums swell and bleed for weeks. Went back in, they scraped a bunch of granulated dead gums out, it slowly heals. Fast forward to a week later and it's swelling again.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The shit that my 22 year old roommate finds funny is like the equivalent of getting a down syndrome newborn to laugh.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I am in charge of the yearbook, school newspaper, and the play. Last week was my daughter's bday party, too, so I was mad planning that. Which means when I get to school I do not stop until I go home. Seriously. Half the time I don't even get to pee until the last bell rings because I am in lunch meetings n' shit.

I was sitting here just now and it occurred to me....I haven't gotten my eyebrows done in probably 6+ months. Like, I just forgot it's something I do. Yes, I don't have to have them done, but I LIKE having them shaped nicely. And I just really forgot they exist.

I cannot stress how badly I need summer vacation. I feel like I am falling apart most of time time. I need to do it all, and it's just so much that I can't even take care of the body parts I want to.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Fucked up eyebrows, missing teeth.
    Damn, we at BG look like hot shit

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I hate the state of modern medicine, but I hate modern dentistry more.

Allow me to use my most recent interaction with a dentist to explain. About a week ago, I went to a recommended dentist with my PPO plan in a pretty rich neighborhood. Really nice equipment. Clean. I'm asymptomatic, brush my teeth every night, and generally don't eat much that's sweet anymore. They told me I needed $500 worth of work, none of which is covered by my insurance. In a separate appointment, my wife, who is perhaps even lower risk than myself, was told that she needed dental surgery.

The mystery of how they fund their equipment and stay open in a rich neighborhood while accepting PPO plans was, thus, solved.

Maybe 20 years ago, Dentistry moved from dental maintenance to preventative care. This should be better for the client, but there is so much leeway in the definition of appropriate preventative care that it really opens the door for exploitative practices. This problem is compounded by the fact that PPO plans essentially pay the dentist a fixed amount of money (per month) to have you as a client and provide certain services to you. Thus, the dentist's best case scenario is if you do regularly come in for dental maintenance and let them inspect your mouth and tell you there are things that need to be fixed but don't use the options provided with your plan. So, for instance, your PPO might cover silver amalgam fillings, but the dentist might suggest replacing your current fillings with composite ones that aren't covered by your PPO even though they're all in molars (as mine just did.) They get the same amount of money from the insurance company either way, and if they can get you to pick composite then they make that extra money too. Alternatively, they may refer you for unnecessary dental surgery so they can "split fees" for the procedure, legally obtaining the outlawed referral kickback.

Now, there's an information disparity here. I'm not an expert dentist, so I feel shitty every time I brush off the opinion of a DMD. However, my previous experience seems to indicate that the dental system produces people who are experts at running profitable dental practices rather than people who responsibly improve the lives of their patients through dentistry. At present, I'm going to keep brushing my teeth and flossing. I'll see what my x-rays look like in 6 months and decide whether or not I need to do anything. If I do, I'm going to ask them to use options that are actually covered by my PPO.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    The shit that my 22 year old roommate finds funny is like the equivalent of getting a down syndrome newborn to laugh.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Filthy Frank?!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Dentists are the worse salespeople period. And to your last statement Byrth, my last cleaning I had x-rays done first. They said I needed work done not covered by insurance. I declined and they said they'd have to reschedule my cleaning? Um...what? Dentists are the worst salespeople because they can and do use scare tactics because it's peoples health they can prey on.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Had to go into the office at 11:30pm last night. One of the dispatch supervisors was in a menu he had no business being and oops completely deleted our entire garage network from our database. So I spent about 4 hours recreating it from scratch. Before you ask, no we have no way of restoring a previous version. The system we currently use is awful. So I got about 3 hours of sleep. Normally I'd just not go in today, but I have 4 meetings with high level people. This is why I have the "if it breaks can you fix it? if the answer is no don't fucking touch it" mindset.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Perfect microcosm of workplace hierarchy on display today. Yesterday, boss emails the entire staff, "Hey guys, we have a large group (20-30) coming in tomorrow for a presentation. Please make sure you all park behind the building so that our parking lot has room in the front for all of our visitors. Thanks!" I get here this morning and the only people parked behind the building as requested are production and administrative staff. All of the sales staff is still parked out front because of the "fuck you, we're sales" mentality.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Dentist Story
    I was on a stupid 3-month visit plan for a while. Then they started charging me $70+ a visit because my insurance didn't want to cover it (insurance coverage changed, said I had no dental history) I talked them down to 6-month insurance-covered visits for the cheaper preventative cleaning when I threatened to bring my business elsewhere despite knowing the fact every other dentist in the immediate area really sucks.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

You guys need different dentists or insurance. I walk in every 6 months for a cleaning and x-rays and I'm in and out don't even have a copay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit you should see the dentists I went to in the Navy... had one tell me the tiny cavity I had was too big of a concern despite not having gotten any bigger in 4 years and they needed to fill it... except it wasn't big enough to fill so they had to drill a bunch of healthy tooth out first to fill it. I declined they brought in people that outranked me to threaten disciplinary action. They of course did a super shitty job and the fillings eventually wore out or whatever and now it's all super exposed there since obviously the tooth isn't just going to grow back which tends to not be a good thing.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

OMG LOL

really cute guy, kinda out of my league but w/e. hits me up, do I want a massage and... you know, the finish? I'm like yeah that sounds good, but I have to work, can we hang out another time?

his reply...

"well I'm leaving Friday and I have some bills to pay. can we meet up now and you can pay me, then maybe we'll do it tonight or tomorrow?"

...LOL WUT? pay for it? so much nope.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You have the most interesting encounters.