Closed Thread
Page 1176 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1126 1166 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1186 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I started getting mailers from AARP last year, fucking A
    I got one on my 21st birthday I think.

My reasoning was they meant to send it to my dad since I'm the II and they fucked up.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Someone name me a brand of white undershirt where the neck doesn't crumple up after one wash. Hanes, Fruit, etc all suck.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Someone name me a brand of white undershirt where the neck doesn't crumple up after one wash. Hanes, Fruit, etc all suck.
    Not sure what you mean my crumple up? I buy Hanes v-neck undershirts and they're fine.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Not sure what you mean my crumple up? I buy Hanes v-neck undershirts and they're fine.
    I buy the t-shirt style and after one wash the neck will not lay flat anymore. Looks like a six month old shirt. I should just go to wearing V-necks.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

bite the bullet and buy a ton of white under armor v-necks

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd assume he still has too eat for the next 2 months, can't go buying a whole crop of Under Armor shirts unless you can find them at Marshall's.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

sometimes you have to starve yourself for the best undershirt situation possible

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I do not own one piece of under armor merch. I'll look into it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So after a couple weeks of sun being full up by the time I get up at 645 and it already being uncomfortably warm and having run ac all day home it looks like it's cooling down. Fog still shows no sign of burning off and feels great time to turn off the ac and just open the windows and enjoy the weather... except after being fine for a few weeks now my allergies are starting to come back. FU mother nature.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Got fired from my dispatcher/account manager job of 3 years today. Confused, I kept quizzing them in the discharge meeting about why. I'm not a perfect worker, but I definitely pushed to do the best I could and expected the same of others, no attendance problems, never had any productivity issues, etc. Finally they relented and said that it was reported by a female worker that I threatened them. Even more confused, I pushed for a reason, and they said I pushed my chair (it's a rolling chair...) out from my desk and stood up quickly, which threatened a female worker. Manager went on to say I have to be careful of my actions around women because they can't be trusted to take things correctly.

What the fuck?
    Slight update to this. Wrongful termination is out, with it being an at-will state, there's just not really a leg to stand on.

That said, they're being nothing shy of fuckheads when it comes to dealing with me. I have text and email records of them denying to pay my commission (not ok in Ohio) and records of them denying to pay my unpaid vacation (can be ok in Ohio if their handbook says you forfeit on termination of employment; no such mention in their handbook). The last check didn't include the raise I was given 2 weeks ago and they didn't reimburse for uniforms that I turned in with a witness. When requesting documents to better arm myself, they provided some of them on Monday. I was appreciative, but a key document, the signed copy of my commission agreement, wasn't sent. I've been pressing them since for it, and here we are on Friday. I get a newly typed document without my signature on it that has a changed start date.

Pretty much gearing up for a small claims court filing. I went ahead and emailed them and explained pretty professionally what has been done wrong and what I'm seeking to not take it to court. Never been involved in something like this so I really feel like I'm on glass, but everything I've found points to this being in my favor heavily. My commission is the hardest thing to prove because I don't have the exact up to date records that I need to prove a concrete number, I was working on that when I was fired. But I've got enough to show about 60% of what I'm due, plus I have sales records from the past two years that can show a pattern and expected rate.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Slight update to this. Wrongful termination is out, with it being an at-will state, there's just not really a leg to stand on.

That said, they're being nothing shy of fuckheads when it comes to dealing with me. I have text and email records of them denying to pay my commission (not ok in Ohio) and records of them denying to pay my unpaid vacation (can be ok in Ohio if their handbook says you forfeit on termination of employment; no such mention in their handbook). The last check didn't include the raise I was given 2 weeks ago and they didn't reimburse for uniforms that I turned in with a witness. When requesting documents to better arm myself, they provided some of them on Monday. I was appreciative, but a key document, the signed copy of my commission agreement, wasn't sent. I've been pressing them since for it, and here we are on Friday. I get a newly typed document without my signature on it that has a changed start date.

Pretty much gearing up for a small claims court filing. I went ahead and emailed them and explained pretty professionally what has been done wrong and what I'm seeking to not take it to court. Never been involved in something like this so I really feel like I'm on glass, but everything I've found points to this being in my favor heavily. My commission is the hardest thing to prove because I don't have the exact up to date records that I need to prove a concrete number, I was working on that when I was fired. But I've got enough to show about 60% of what I'm due, plus I have sales records from the past two years that can show a pattern and expected rate.
    Good on you. Keep fighting and get what's owed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are exceptions to at will employment that may apply in some fashion notably a possible implied contract based on interactions or even say the handbook or other written forms which does apply in Ohio. If they have a set procedure for dealing with discipline and termination in said handbook (which they probably do) and they aren't following it which it doesn't sound like they are you could have them. Similar if you've ever had conversations with those in position to make decisions about your job security like when you were hired. Though cases kind of go either way it looks

Either way sounds like they are all fucked up so kick their ass seabass

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    kick their ass seabass
    I like this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    There are exceptions to at will employment that may apply in some fashion notably a possible implied contract based on interactions or even say the handbook or other written forms which does apply in Ohio. If they have a set procedure for dealing with discipline and termination in said handbook (which they probably do) and they aren't following it which it doesn't sound like they are you could have them.
    Problem with that and why it seems dead in the water is they do have clauses in the handbook about discipline. They pretty much break down to "here's the order that disciplinary measures will take. We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary up to and including termination." They felt "perceived aggression" warranted instant termination without a defense and barring from coming back to the place (had to hand off my uniforms to be turned in). Shits crazy, but best I can tell, scummy or not, it's on the side of at-will.

Either way sounds like they are all fucked up so kick their ass seabass
    Like this too.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Termination without any form of formal disciplinary action? The fuck you mean there's no leg to stand on for a wrongful termination suit? Unless you've been in disciplinary action before for this, it sounds like they just wanted you gone for whatever reason.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Problem with that and why it seems dead in the water is they do have clauses in the handbook about discipline. They pretty much break down to "here's the order that disciplinary measures will take. We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary up to and including termination." They felt "perceived aggression" warranted instant termination without a defense and barring from coming back to the place (had to hand off my uniforms to be turned in). Shits crazy, but best I can tell, scummy or not, it's on the side of at-will.

Like this too.
    Nah son, that's not how it works in the real world. You get stepped through the process. Period. Because any company worth it's shit will have a legal team on retainer and they will check HR at the door on a potential lawsuit. This is a lawsuit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Termination without any form of formal disciplinary action? The fuck you mean there's no leg to stand on for a wrongful termination suit? Unless you've been in disciplinary action before for this, it sounds like they just wanted you gone for whatever reason.
    Just curious about this because I was fired from a job three years ago without any previous documented discipline and the reason was ridiculous (I used Gmail to communicate at times with clients because they knew my personal and not my professional email, which they eventually would use professional). I just took the unemployment because I didn't feel the reasoning was as awful as say Malithar's and I didn't really know if I would've stood a chance anyways. Should I of done something with a lawyer?

Slightly off topic, but I was turned down from a job in 2015 because my background check came back bad even though everything was good (long story, no felony or anything terrible, will go into detail if necessary). The hiring company said it's corporate rule to renege the job offer if the background check comes back bad. I contacted numerous lawyers but none would look into it.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just curious about this because I was fired from a job three years ago without any previous documented discipline and the reason was ridiculous (I used Gmail to communicate at times with clients because they knew my personal and not my professional email, which they eventually would use professional). I just took the unemployment because I didn't feel the reasoning was as awful as say Malithar's and I didn't really know if I would've stood a chance anyways. Should I of done something with a lawyer?

Slightly off topic, but I was turned down from a job in 2015 because my background check came back bad even though everything was good (long story, no felony or anything terrible, will go into detail if necessary). The hiring company said it's corporate rule to renege the job offer if the background check comes back bad. I contacted numerous lawyers but none would look into it.
    I can't speak for all companies. It is fairly rare for a company to just completely sever ties with a model employee without stepping them through the disciplinary process. Simply because they open themselves up to a wrongful termination suit.

As to the background check failing I would question if the company entered the information correctly. If you have no legal issues, record, etc you should not have failed. You would need to find out which third party vendor provided the background check and then make a formal request for the info that was submitted by the potential hiring company.

We use a group called Hireright. It's not a mistake that we collectively refer to it as Hirewrong. This company makes tons of mistakes that cost people jobs and money. They are our national vendor so we're forced to use them. Point being, they make a shit ton of mistakes and aren't even close to 100% reliable. We tell our garages if someone fails immediately run them again. Then if they fail a second time, they need let go.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Most companies count on employees being too dumb to know their rights and how the law protects them in what scenario etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Basically in at will employment when you acknowledge the terms of employment it includes that you can be fired for basically no reason similarly to how employees can usually quit without reason. There are exemptions that apply here and there like I alluded to above about them in some way or another stating otherwise or failing to uphold their end of any agreements on that end and of course can't be for discrimination or refusing to break the law etc. That said I find it hard to believe a company doesn't have written guidelines that include some kind of formal action. Like that'd raise some red flags to me when I'm signing paperwork to accept the job.