Closed Thread
Page 1181 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1131 1171 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1191 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    oh, also first world fails:

anything involving a fucking anoscope.

god damn adulthood sure is fun.
    Aren't you like...into having shit put up your ass? idgi

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm not trying to be rude but that joke is older than Moses, dude

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean, you're literally whining about your favorite past time, wtf.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I mean, you're literally whining about your favorite past time, wtf.
    assuming you're straight, shove a speculum up your girl's pussy and tell me she likes it

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've done pelvic's, shit's cool

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

About six weeks ago I had my annual physical. During the appointment I explained to the doctor I was concerned I was developing rheumatoid arthritis (it runs in the fam). They request blood work to be done. Get results all is good. Earlier this week I get a $175 bill and a $20 bill for blood work and appointment. Call insurance company saying it should be covered because wellness is free. They come back with the rheumatoid isn't covered because reasons and the doctor put in his notes the physical turned into a normal consultation and billed it as such. Doctor also stated he verbally told me this and we'd need to reschedule the physical. Of course, he never said this.

It's just my opinion but I think there are no bigger sleaze ball crooked salespeople than doctors, dentists, and health insurance. At least when I ask people to buy auto/home/life I ask. It's a choice for the client. Doctors tell their patients what they are going to do and then bill it and there is no fighting it. You get the bill and you must pay. If mechanics, telecom, etc performed a service and then sent a bill to the client demanding payment everyone would be up in arms, but not the health insurance industry.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    It's just my opinion but I think there are no better sleaze ball crooked salespeople than doctors, dentists, and health insurance. At least when I ask people to buy auto/home/life I ask. It's a choice for the client. Doctors tell their patients what they are going to do and then bill it and there is no fighting it. You get the bill and you must pay. If mechanics, telecom, etc performed a service and then sent a bill to the client demanding payment everyone would be up in arms, but not the health insurance industry.
    Health as a whole is way screwed up. I've gone through something similar multiple times for simple things from tests, the removal of a cyst, and prolly the biggest to come to mind, a sleep study that I ended up having to eat for about $1450 when it was supposedly covered. The biggest sleaze tactic seems to be their ambiguousness. When asked how much it'll cost, you're swept off with some mention of it depends on your insurance. Then if you push, say a quote assuming insurance doesn't cover, you're still left in the dark. Depends on time, any complications, additional materials/work, etc. You're never given a straight answer until that bill comes in the mail, and it feels like they not only know this, but take advantage of it.

One thing I'd disagree with is the dentist. Maybe my previous dental insurance and dentist were just amazing, but the dentist was always straight up and even had a full 6 month treatment plan with full pricing laid out for me in under a week after their initial eval and 3D scans. Dental insurance, while annoying that it's not included in health, was fucking great. $13~ a month and it provided discounted rates on all work, fully covered exams/cleanings, and coverage on all non-surgical work up to $1000 each year. I get that insurance is profitable by having the majority not use their benefits, but with splits like that I can't imagine how they remain in business.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Our dental isn't that great. The benefit only pays a couple hundred more than what annual premium is. At least with Dentists they ask before doing the work so you don't get slammed with a bill.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Dentists are cocksuckers. Fuck dentists.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Looks like we got some anti dentites here on BG

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean, 7/9 people at my dentist are totally hot doctor material. Prolly an apt description.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm not fond of dentists. When I was younger I had a good dentist but in adulthood I can't say I've had one pleasant experience at the dentist. Latest visit for cleaning they tried selling me some type of treatment before the cleaning happened. I declined and they said they'd have to reschedule the cleaning. Um...the reason you scheduled me was for only a cleaning!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Certainly some BS there. :/ Mine has been really great. I wouldn't say they haven't tried to sell me on things because they certainly have (and I want them to), but kinda like you mentioned with your insurance job, it was done respectively and informatively, and ultimately, was left up to me. Different types of treatment, options for certain teeth that didn't need to go full on root canal/crown, etc. I absolutely hate dental work, the feeling, soreness, etc, so I really like the anesthesia options they have. You've got your $100~ gas, $500-$1000~ IV sedation, or just get a script for some halcion for like $3 so that you forget the whole experience.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I broke my face and had three years' facial reconstruction. And now I quite like the dentist; a cleaning is so satisfying. Plus, dental staff are almost entirely sexy women given my experiences in 3 states.

Said reconstruction involved more major medical claims than dental claims, and that is generally a nightmare. One has to meticulously, diligently, and tactfully seek clarification at every step along the way. At one point my doctor (oral and maxillofacial surgeon) had to write my insurance a nasty letter stating its denial of my claim was an abomination and threatening (albeit a fairly empty threat) finding another provider for his group's needs, one that would honor its own predetermination. The claim was then quickly processed correctly.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

The part that bugs me about my latest doctor visit is I recently took a course in medical billing and I know exactly what they did. Wellness/Physical is one code, but a "doctor visit" has three levels of billing with different payouts. This is not discusses with the patient, but it must be documented by the doctor and/or the medical assistant in case the submission for payment to the insurance company is flagged for review. This way they can show documentation to justify the charge. About the blood test for rheumatoid arthritis, had I known it was a $175 charge I would have declined. But as stated, they say the patient will need X and then we get billed. Take a mechanic, if you brought your car in for brakes and they say they'll inspect the rest of your car for anything else (no mention of a charge), but the bill has a $100 charge for general inspection, the customer would be livid and would throw a fit until the charge is removed.

Another random fail is Safeco Insurance still hasn't dropped my appointment so I can only take payments. This entire week all I've done is basically browse online because the company will not give me access to anything else until that appointment is terminated.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Dentists suck. Got good teeth? Well your gums look a little bit off (when they're really healthy gums) Let's deep clean that fucker and charge your insurance that will probably only cover 50% of the procedure. And let's sell you some aftercare products because we can scare you into buying it.

Fuck dentists.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

y'all go to some shitty dentists

I've never been upsold once on any of a few dozen visits.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I have, but not by my current dentist. hes good peeps.

as with any healthcare-related field, finding a good person to be your provider is the key. shitty people abound, however.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

my current dentist is badass. will discuss coverage and options and weigh the pros and cons of various treatments against their cost. which is, to be fair, a very rare trait in dentists