Closed Thread
Page 1198 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1148 1188 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Does your job at least pay out unused vacation? Every job I've had was pretty much "use it or lose it" year to year with no compensation if you didn't use it before the year. Might just be an Ohio/Kentucky thing.
    California, it's illegal to lose paid vacation. The most that can happen is if you are at a cap at the beginning of the year, you won't accrue any more vacation until you are below the cap.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Does your job at least pay out unused vacation? Every job I've had was pretty much "use it or lose it" year to year with no compensation if you didn't use it before the year. Might just be an Ohio/Kentucky thing.
    Use or lose for Maryland, at least for state employees

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

California. Our cap is 1.5x the annual accrual. I lose time if I hit 34.5 days. Have it planned out I will start 2018 at around 26-28 days banked. Funny thing is there is a section in our PTO policy just for California.

I'm also sitting on a whole lot of PTO in case I get laid off since I make too much for my position relative to everyone else in my pay band. Cash all that PTO + 11+ weeks of severance means 4+ months of funemployment if it happens.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Took lyft home from Safeway and was giving directions where to go into my apartment complex and guy flips out on me because I asked him to pull up a little closer to the stairs. Telling me to watch my tone which wasn't even rude , it was a request and to get the fuck out of his car because his dad just died. I firmly told him that there was no reason to yell at me like that and offered my condolences out of respect because I would hope he wouldn't lie about it. Still rates him 1 star for that and the fact his maintenance was overdue by a bit and tire pressure light remained on too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    tire pressure light remained on too.
    Pressure might have been fine, just not reset on the computer. Either way, shitty move to use the deceased card.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Pressure might have been fine, just not reset on the computer. Either way, shitty move to use the deceased card.
    I worked for a car dealership for 4 years so I'm fairly aware of the reasons it can stay on and if it was on his own time I wouldn't care but if you have passengers like this it could lead to issues and who knows how long he's let it go.

If it was super hot or cold I wouldn't think anything of it but if it's staying on in nice weather its likely low unless he hasn't driven far enough to reset if he checked it but I have no way of knowing. It was a Honda and I worked for Acura and Lexus and they are similar.
    I'm hoping it wasn't a card he was pulling but sadly you never know.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

the only thing worse than being micro-managed is being micro-managed by someone who is not my fucking boss

you know what? nope. not even bothering with this shit. you and I are on the same level, I do not take orders from you. deal with it, bitch!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just got into a bike pile up in my group ride this morning.

At least I wasn't in the head on crash that started said pile up though, lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I'm also sitting on a whole lot of PTO in case I get laid off since I make too much for my position relative to everyone else in my pay band. Cash all that PTO + 11+ weeks of severance means 4+ months of funemployment if it happens.
    Good plan. Wasn't intentional, but that's pretty much what happened with me, except I'm having to fight for it lol. Speaking of, file date is tomorrow. I'd imagine the company will pay out once they get served to prevent it going to court but we'll see. Regardless, well worth $49.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go to arby's and there is an entire boy scouts troop ahead of me and they are all ordering separately. And some of them have never been here or heard of half of these sandwiches. Fml

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Go to arby's and there is an entire boy scouts troop ahead of me and they are all ordering separately. And some of them have never been here or heard of half of these sandwiches. Fml
    At least you have one near you. Closest one to me is over thirty miles away. Flip side is I have a Boston market about 12 miles away.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    At least you have one near you. Closest one to me is over thirty miles away. Flip side is I have a Boston market about 12 miles away.
    Load curly fries and brown sugar bacon sandwiches are back too for limited time

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

that brown sugar bacon is so fucking lit

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I go to Arby's for a salad.

Spoiler: show
    I'm fat and trying to do better. Leave me alone.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    that brown sugar bacon is so fucking lit
    brown sugar bacon is basically fucking crack. I'd kill someone for it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Our local small grocery store just had a meat sale and we bought 10lb of bacon for $25. First batch it was super salty. Wifey put some sugar in it and it was bliss. We're out of brown sugar but we have a ton of bacon so I'll grab some and try that since ya'll have such great things to say about it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Sold an EVGA P2 Supernova 80+ Platinum brand new on Amazon. Buyer claims it doesn't work and now I gotta do a return. Fucker better not return a junk item. At least I can charge a 20% restocking fee. I think I'm done selling on anywhere except forums.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Friend wanted me to go kayaking with him. Been forever since I've gone but felt confident, so agreed to the 6 mile ride. I don't recall being so sore ever in my life except for like 2-a-day football practices back in highschool. Add insult to injury, I forgot about my ears and top of my feet for sunscreen. Shit is fire in all the wrong ways.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Mannoroth

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Sold an EVGA P2 Supernova 80+ Platinum brand new on Amazon. Buyer claims it doesn't work and now I gotta do a return. Fucker better not return a junk item. At least I can charge a 20% restocking fee. I think I'm done selling on anywhere except forums.
    If it's new wouldn't you have the serial number on the box to match the unit?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Spent all weekend looking at houses.

Went to put in an offer Saturday, and the house was suddenly under contract hours after we viewed it. This means that there was clearly an accepted offer, most likely an inspection done, and they were in talks for a contract, but the seller's agent failed to our agent any of this.

We've put in 8 offers, and 90% of them were rejected because a cash offer was made for the same or higher than our own. And we're generally offering asking, maybe a few thousand under if we feel it isn't quite worth asking.

Where the fuck are these people keeping 400k in cash?