Closed Thread
Page 11 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Are you sure its not just because its bar soap? All the females in my family feel that if its not a body wash you can put on a loofah, its not real soap. And Frankenstein soap bars rock.
    Your females are weird. I do not even own a loofah.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

The creation of Frankensoap bars is the only reason I ever buy different brands.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Brill, I heard stories like that all the time from our AAA dispatchers. People are giant fuckwads until they realize there are consequences to their horrible behavior. There was a guy that actually drove to the dispatch center on his spare tire to tell them that the spare tire wasn't installed correctly. He stood at the door screaming at them to let him in until the cops showed up and arrested him. The problem with his spare tire: The plastic lug cap wasn't on because it was a spare and the cap didn't fit the spare like it did the regular rim. I laughed.

I almost wish people would stop being so incredibly ignorant and mean, but then I would have less to faceplam or laugh about.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

If you guys like random fail stories. Should read my blog!(Yes, shameless plug)

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Brill, I heard stories like that all the time from our AAA dispatchers. People are giant fuckwads until they realize there are consequences to their horrible behavior. There was a guy that actually drove to the dispatch center on his spare tire to tell them that the spare tire wasn't installed correctly. He stood at the door screaming at them to let him in until the cops showed up and arrested him. The problem with his spare tire: The plastic lug cap wasn't on because it was a spare and the cap didn't fit the spare like it did the regular rim. I laughed.
    Had a lady tell me yesterday that she hoped my family dies. Because I refused to cover her overmileage on a 200+ mile tow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Had a lady tell me yesterday that she hoped my family dies. Because I refused to cover her overmileage on a 200+ mile tow.
    She should have paid for the AAA+ membership. Did you put an "abusive member" note on her account? We used to get little extra notes from our dispatch on the DDS system. It was great to show up already knowing that this member has a history of abusive behavior. Being prepared for them to be all pissed off makes it a lot easier to deal with it.

A more recent fail:
    I came into work this morning expecting to have to crunch some numbers and do some data entry into an excel spreadsheet. When I got here and started looking at the spreadsheet, I noticed several formulas were wrong or the formula was completely missing and just contained the number value. Like someone was messing with the spreadsheet and screwed it up and instead of fixing it, they just manually entered numbers. So I fixed it all and sent it to my boss for review. The spreadsheet he sent back was worse than the original clusterfuck spreadsheet I started with........I guess I found out who screwed it up in the first place.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sadly she was club 212's member. So I can't enter anything onto her membership. Check this out though. Twice a year our computer systems go down for "file resizing." We don't have a backup server. We literally will be handwriting all calls that come in next weekend. It's brutal. Members wait forever and we lose a ton of money. Yet it's "too expensive" for the higher ups to justify getting backup servers. I made a running tally of about a year ago on how much money we lost on cash calls etc. It was over 4k just for Saturday night and Sunday morning.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I would, ironman, but you never post anything.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    I would, ironman, but you never post anything.
    This!

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First world fail: plugs a blog that updates once a month ( :D )

Banned.

BG Level

We traveled overnight to this town (Palenque for those that care) reach it at about 5am, dead-tired, and wanting a nice shower, every hotel has no rooms except for the most expensive one; we of course did not knew that, so my gf goes and asks for rooms, something like:
    Her: Good morning, whats the price of your room?
    Attendant: so and so.
    Her: Right I'd like a room.
    Att: We have no rooms available until 12p.m.

The story went like this for about 10 hotels (till the expensive one), not a single one of the guys/gals that were asked, said beforehand that they had no rooms. Fail on us for asking price instead of available rooms first, first place I visit where they dont tell you the hotel is full (or a no vacancy sign)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Palenque in the Dominican Republic?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Brill... do you work in that building with the horribly ugly dome across from where Borders used to be? I know it's a AAA-something, but I mostly know it for being really. really. REALLY. ugly.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Conversation at work this morning:

Mate > that guy over there (a guy belonging to a client team I oversee) is asian, isn't he?
    Me > No, Mexian
    Mate > what?
    <bursts of laughter around me>
    Me > fuck, Mexican, I'm not awake yet!

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

this is more of a First World Problem, as opposed to a random fail, but..

i got excited cuz i heard Bush was playing a show near me in a month or so. They also said seether was playing, so im like meh, ok, thats not terrible. But then they said nickleback was headlining and I began to cry

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Sadly she was club 212's member. So I can't enter anything onto her membership. Check this out though. Twice a year our computer systems go down for "file resizing." We don't have a backup server. We literally will be handwriting all calls that come in next weekend. It's brutal. Members wait forever and we lose a ton of money. Yet it's "too expensive" for the higher ups to justify getting backup servers. I made a running tally of about a year ago on how much money we lost on cash calls etc. It was over 4k just for Saturday night and Sunday morning.
    Oregon/Idaho AAA did that back in 2005 when I first started working for them. I guess they did it every year without issue until that year. They lost half of their customer address data and map plotting data. After that, they finally conceded that they needed a back-up system. It took 3 years to repopulate the mapping servers with correct address info. During that time, they had to have lost tens of thousands of dollars from drivers getting lost and having to pay double calls for drivers that were given incorrect locations. On top of that, the response times went from 14 min average to over 40 min. It was a horrible disaster.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When I worked for CableOne the LDAP/authentication server went down one night during maintenance. The Raid 5 experienced a complete hardware failure during a backup due to the controller interface MELTING. The server was so old it couldn't be replaced and had to be rebuilt from scratch. 1+ week of nothing working and no way for people to log into their emails from anywhere else.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    this is more of a First World Problem, as opposed to a random fail, but..

i got excited cuz i heard Bush was playing a show near me in a month or so. They also said seether was playing, so im like meh, ok, thats not terrible. But then they said nickleback was headlining and I began to cry
    rofl, those were my thoughts too when I heard about that show

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    First world fail: plugs a blog that updates once a month ( :D )
    I did update weekly but I worried about running out of medical stories too quickly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I did update weekly but I worried about running out of medical stories too quickly.
    You can start blogging about your gaming exploits between your medical stories.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast