Closed Thread
Page 1200 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1150 1190 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    a+ gif would view again

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

At work, just got an invoice back in the mail marked return to sender that we sent out in December 2016. Wtf, postal service.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

@ work - Water purifier in the lab gets an annual preventive maintenance yesterday. It's now leaking water. Good job repair guy!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Somehow Garmin has caught on to me needing a new GPS for my bike (even though I haven't been looking yet) sent me some links to some pretty nifty ones with crazy amounts of functions. Problem is it's like $350... but it looks so awesome bah

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Somehow Garmin has caught on to me needing a new GPS for my bike (even though I haven't been looking yet) sent me some links to some pretty nifty ones with crazy amounts of functions. Problem is it's like $350... but it looks so awesome bah
    The fuck for that price it better cook you dinner at least lol. What kind of functionality does it have that warrants the price tag though ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    The fuck for that price it better cook you dinner at least lol. What kind of functionality does it have that warrants the price tag though ?
    Apparently pretty good touch screen, actual mapping, tracks all your friends in group rides, contacts emergency contacts in a crash, communicates with other devices like radar collision detectors so you can basically see people coming up behind you on the screen. Doesn't cook dinner though

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First of the month has brought out the crazies. Craziest so far screamed out "I can't take a shit without kitty litter, mom!" Just had a group of gay Mexicans with a flirty trans-woman. Very off-the-wall for this neighborhood. They wanted to know the price of everything (suspicious) and if they could try clothing on on the sales floor. Had a 3-toothed woman who claimed to be from Tibet who asked us who buddha is and to explain their significance.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Stupid fuckface from Amazon is dragging their feet on returning the supposed broken psu. This has ruined my rebuild as the case I bought only houses at max a 160mm psu. The returning psu, EVGA SuperNova P2 1kw 80+ Platinum is 200mm. I'll probably have to use it. At least I only paid $110 for it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Brewed tea for the first time in a Yeti tumbler and let it "cool" for an hour. Scorched my throat when I took a sip. That was 5 hours ago, still hurts to swallow.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Netbook mobo is likely fried. Whatever, thing was 4 years old and id been looking to replace it anyway. Pick up a new laptop from Best Buy so i can use it for my Pathfinder game tonight. Get all set up, start the login process.... fucking 1 button sticks. Returned it for a new one but dammit that ate up almost an hour of our game time.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Probably did what I'd consider the biggest diet/workout grind I've ever done and dropped a minuscule amount of weight. Complete failure, lol.

I know who's keeping their shirt on this weekend at Metrocon, lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had a technical phone screen for a new job today at Amazon (my current employer, just a new role).

I've never failed so hard at anything in my life that I've tried to do right before. I feel like the dumbest person in the world right now and I'm completely embarrassed. I actually cried after the phone screen because I knew I tanked it right away.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

wat did they ask you

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A bunch of coding and linux questions that I thought I was ready for and clearly wasn't.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    A bunch of coding and linux questions that I thought I was ready for and clearly wasn't.
    Bro I don't know what exactly you do, but the chat monkeys at Amazon lately have been unbearable. Keep your head up and keep trying!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    A few years ago I did a phone screener interview with ESPN and ran in to a similar situation. They asked me a lot of sports related questions and I thought I was ready for it and I clearly wasn't. I thought knowing NCAA Football, NFL, MLB, and NBA would be good enough but nope, they grilled me hard on tennis, golf, hockey, cricket, soccer, etc. Totally caught me off guard. Just try to keep your chin up and now at least you know what to study for if you get another crack at it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I don't know how to say this without people thinking I'm just a typical mom who thinks her kids are cute, but I am a good 90% sure that if I had the patience, time, and the know-how to do it, I could get my kids into modeling/acting to the point that they could get most, if not all, of their college money by the time they are 18.

But I don't think I can do it, and I feel guilty that I am passing up that opportunity for them. It so often hits me. In particular today, my kids took a summer acting/singing class with this woman who is a voice actress, and my son is her clear favorite in the class. To the point he was chilling on her lap today, and everyday she kinda hovers around him (not in a creepy way) after the lessons. Place we go to does all levels of acting/singing/instruments/etc., and they even do random sessions with agents. I just signed them up because they love to sing. But it does seem very much they would fit right in.

And yes, I know a lot of kid actors get screwed up, but there are a ton out there that only did a few things for that college money and then pulled out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was hanging out in my room last night playing a game with my friend before going to sleep. Looked at the screen and my vision becomes unfocused. Fuck OK. Go to the bathroom but can't see anything physically wrong. Closed my eyes and focused on random things and that was fine but trying to focus with both eyes, no bueno.

Try to type to my friend to tell her I had to go, was really difficult because of vision loss and feeling like the left and right side of my body was not connected. Finally managed that then stumbled out to the common area and told roommates something wasn't right. They sat me down and called 911 right away.

Doctors couldn't find anything after the fact, had no post event scars or anything, and said I was fine but the fact I more or less had a mini-stroke hasn't been sitting too well with me because the only thing I could think of that would cause one for me would possibly be my blood. Gonna see more doctors hopefully real soon.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

jesus Christ aoe stahp