Closed Thread
Page 1201 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1151 1191 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 ... LastLast
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I don't know how to say this without people thinking I'm just a typical mom who thinks her kids are cute, but I am a good 90% sure that if I had the patience, time, and the know-how to do it, I could get my kids into modeling/acting to the point that they could get most, if not all, of their college money by the time they are 18.

But I don't think I can do it, and I feel guilty that I am passing up that opportunity for them. It so often hits me. In particular today, my kids took a summer acting/singing class with this woman who is a voice actress, and my son is her clear favorite in the class. To the point he was chilling on her lap today, and everyday she kinda hovers around him (not in a creepy way) after the lessons. Place we go to does all levels of acting/singing/instruments/etc., and they even do random sessions with agents. I just signed them up because they love to sing. But it does seem very much they would fit right in.

And yes, I know a lot of kid actors get screwed up, but there are a ton out there that only did a few things for that college money and then pulled out.
    I would recommend not going down that road.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I would recommend not going down that road.
    What's the worst that could happen? They get a beauty complex, start doing drugs once they get famous, and then say they only did it because the public made them and they never wanted to turn into the monster they have become.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'd rather see her kids be happy. That industry sucks souls for a living.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get into work at 8 and there is already a customer waiting... we don't open till noon. She sees our sign and asks if we really open at noon and boss is too much of a chicken shit to just yes and instead spends a full minute weeble wobbling over how sorta not exactly but we'll be here etc

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I mean you can have the kids do work as (principle) extras. Just know after the 3rd or 4th gig they have to start paying SAG-AFTRA membership dues else the offers dry up. Does pay $30+/hr (for principles) for what it is worth. Non-principle extras get paid like $80-$100 for an entire day.

As far as full blown child actor career, not worth it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So a few weeks ago (think was first week of July) we sent a copy of our quickbook files From before July to our accountants to do whatever it is they do with it. While they are we can't change anything with anything that was in those sent. Which of course is a lot of stuff I still need to work on as it comes in so got piles of stuff waiting to be done and accountants aren't even getting back to us when they will be done. And I'm 99% sure that what is taking so long is bosses complete lackadaisical attitude when it comes to book keeping and literally just making stuff up to make things work instead of fixing things causing further problems down the line

Edit: Extra double fail. I tell him about what I have been holding on to in order to get him to not send these people late notices and now he's gone and "fixed" all of them. Mind you can't actually alter those invoices in anyway shape or form right now so he's basically making up new ones to apply payments to and then letting the old ones sit unpaid so we can go wtf is going on about them later <.<. And he's getting frustrated at me when I bring up how this is going to just make more problems down the line.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Director of our agency managed to spill a bottle of water into her laptop bag, soaking her surface book pro 2.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My 4K monitor is starting to get dead black pixels.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Made it to the parking lot of work today and my contact lense shredded in my right eye. Had to promptly turn around and drive back home with only one good eye so I could get a replacement. Friday is off to a fun start.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Someone hit-and-run my car while it was parked the other day. Ripped off the drivers side view mirror. What a pain in the ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Guy tells me he wants to watch me take apart his hard drives. I tell him we normally don't and it will take a decent amount of time and I'm the only one minding the store. He's like that's ok I don't have anywhere to be. Thanks grandpa glad your time isn't important but mine is. Tell him well if another customer comes in I'll have to help them before I finish this because I'm not making people wait that long and he says it's all right. Sure enough another customer comes in and I tell him I'll have to help her and he acts offended when I got to help her and says fine he wont wait lol.

Next one says she didn't know we don't take credit cards. Gets mad at me about it. Gets even madder I tell her it's going to cost more because we told her the price per file box and she brought in huge moving boxes and expected the same rate. <.<. Then after walking out comes back in to tell me we should tell people we don't take cards and how horrible it is she has to go back to the house. Tell her we tell everyone and it's on our site and ads. She claims she only called and got the number from someone else so didn't see any writing and we didn't say. Carry more than 1 form of payment

Well upside last customer was a really nice old lady and what I'd guess was her really cute grand daughter helping out who was also being rather flirty. She looks half my age but idc

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Why don't you have your boss start taking cards?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Why don't you have your boss start taking cards?
    I did. We looked into it. The short of it is it's not really worth it for our business. Our store front is very limited (open 16 hours a week) and represents about 1-2% of our revenue. Only really have it cause some people had a hard time making appointments or we couldn't get to where they were

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It's looking like this year I will be officially the last teacher out of my hire group to still be at this school. Two school years ago they hired 8 of us, and all have left, but me. It's sad to keep seeing people leave, especially the really good teachers.

To make matters worse, there is a rumor that the principal wants one of the history teachers to train and become assistant principal. I do not want this woman as AP. I am terrified. First, she says things that are off that I don't think should represent the school. IE. once on a field trip she "joked" to another teacher that they could "just have the bus drop them off at the immigration office and call it a day."

Moreso I am worried she will try to ruin my rep at school with the principal. Last year we both taught drama. I did a play, while she had kids just sitting in the room "studying plays." I never said once anything negative about what she was doing. We were doing our own thing (per her request). She said a few things to me before the play that made me feel she was kinda hoping my play would fail. It didn't and the principal loved it. Since then she has seemed rather....off around me. I don't care, I am not competitive like that. I don't want drama about drama, but I think she was upset that my class was perceived to be better than hers.

I don't want her to be my boss lol.

JUST AS I TYPED I GOT A TEXT THAT I GUESS SHE IS MOVING TO A NEW SCHOOL INSTEAD. FAIL TURNED WIN.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tried bacon in the cast iron... it did not work so well. Combination of it being thick cut and fattier than usual with some parts just being huge chunks of pure fat meant really needed to cook those parts more to crisp them, but my stove is terrible and doesn't heat evenly even in cast iron and the walls made using the bacon press harder and the extra pooling of grease also hindered a little (though sous vide first helped minimize that). Oh well back to the griddle.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I had to go to the adult physic ward three times this week to fix a Kyocera MFP. Shit was bananas. Parts ordering fail caused me to spend about 8 hours behind a glass wall while Cray Crays watched me work.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tax free shopping weekend in Florida--that's not bad. All the crazies and trash out shopping--that's the bad. Oh well. I got three graphic tees, three pairs of shorts, new socks, new boxers, and a pair of shoes for about $130. Hooray.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The joys of IBS-C and nearly no fucking WORKING remedy for it....

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I have to pay $3.5k for closing costs on my refi, then in a month I'll get a reimbursement check for $3k. I'm gonna have to do like a cash advance in the meantime and that just sucks that they can't just fucking take the costs right out of the check to begin with.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Wife already looking at houses and to sell ours and we have only owned this house for 3 years lol.