BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

The left has no fucking idea what the right is doing at my job.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

These are the types of support requests I get at work

I hope this doesn’t sound silly. The stock photos that are the screensavers in the new system you installed are very distracting. Is there any way to have them stop? They are very beautiful pictures and each time a new one pops up I have to force myself not to stop and look at it and try and figure out where it is, etc. I would really like to remove them, if there is a way.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    The left has no fucking idea what the right is doing at my job.
    please tell me you're a masseuse (bonus points if you're an erotic masseuse)

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    please tell me you're a masseuse (bonus points if you're an erotic masseuse)
    Thanks for the laugh. At the end of this day I needed it. I had some business stolen from me by a coworker as I was at lunch and was given a bullshit reason why they wrote it. I work in a small office with only 3 other people but there are zero written policies and/or procedures. One person has been there for 17 years and all she does is do surveys and other things to earn swagbucks or is on social media all day. The other has a well to do boyfriend so she really doesn't care about the job anymore. Her plan (coming from her) is to work for 9 more months because her entire paycheck goes to her debt while her boyfriend pays for everything else. After 9 months or when her debt is paid she plans to get knocked up and be a housewife moving forward. She's a nice person and all, but from a workers standpoint her and the other are below average.

My boss is weird about staying in the office after business hours so it looks like for me to get my work done I'm going to need to start coming into work two hours early every day. During business hours I keep getting stuck answering the phone for service work or taking payments and I can't prospect for new business.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. At the end of this day I needed it. I had some business stolen from me by a coworker as I was at lunch and was given a bullshit reason why they wrote it. I work in a small office with only 3 other people but there are zero written policies and/or procedures. One person has been there for 17 years and all she does is do surveys and other things to earn swagbucks or is on social media all day. The other has a well to do boyfriend so she really doesn't care about the job anymore. Her plan (coming from her) is to work for 9 more months because her entire paycheck goes to her debt while her boyfriend pays for everything else. After 9 months or when her debt is paid she plans to get knocked up and be a housewife moving forward. She's a nice person and all, but from a workers standpoint her and the other are below average.

My boss is weird about staying in the office after business hours so it looks like for me to get my work done I'm going to need to start coming into work two hours early every day. During business hours I keep getting stuck answering the phone for service work or taking payments and I can't prospect for new business.
    I had some similar drama at my work places a few days ago. We have a policy that if a client has not been on with us for 90 days, they are up for grabs for any sales person to go after, regardless of who has been the account manager in the past. One of the guys snagged another sales person's client on day 91. Original sales rep got pissed and whined to the boss, boss called in new sales rep and told him it was unprofessional and don't ever do it again--new guy responded that he went by the company policy and it's not his fault OG sales person couldn't keep the client. Boss reluctantly agreed and said he was glad to have the client back, but please don't ever do that again.

Regular office politic petty shit.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Random Fail: First World Problems

Nothing gets me more fucking tight than an absolute retard who hits the speed bag like he's trying to knock out Rocky Balboa. This is why we can't have nice things.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Nothing gets me more fucking tight than an absolute retard who hits the speed bag like he's trying to knock out Rocky Balboa. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Oh god, a few years ago my brother recorded some guy at the gym doing like karate chops and trying to roundhouse kick a speed bag. I'll have to see if he still has the video somewhere and post it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    These are the types of support requests I get at work
    To give them the benefit of the doubt, are they locked out of modifying it themselves? We can't do a lot of stuff on our computers at work, constantly getting a "you don't have permission" windows message.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    To give them the benefit of the doubt, are they locked out of modifying it themselves? We can't do a lot of stuff on our computers at work, constantly getting a "you don't have permission" windows message.
    Nope.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

we are. our company even tried to lock us out of alt-f4 but no one could get any work done because we often get this window we don't need anymore but can't close any other way and sometimes it doesnt load up correctly. i was not around for the locked-out period but given how often i have to nuke that window to continue working it must have been a glorious clusterfuck.

BG Level

Of course the Giants game comes on and a fucking thunderstorm comes in to knock out the satellite

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Of course the Giants game comes on and a fucking thunderstorm comes in to knock out the satellite
    http://i.imgur.com/PeFOQjG.mp4

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post

FTFY

EDIT: DISREGARD MP4 SUX COX

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Ya i tried pic and vid tags, mp4 sucks

BG Level

Jokes on you it's 2017, I found an HD stream to watch everything. Too much technology out there to put up with cable/satellite companies bullshit.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Perseids meteor shower last night and tonight... the smoke from the B.C. fires that have been making it impossible to do much outside or to see stars finally cleared away...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the first two nights of rain in 60 days.

BG Level

Grinded at NLH last night for 6 hours and made a whopping 81 bucks.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So I love to mention to people that my great grandfather was big into vaudeville and was a dancer/choreographer. He was super close friends with Irving Berlin and was in one of his theater troupes.

Yesterday I learned he did blackface for the troupe. And not like, the troupe did black face, HE was the specific black face dude for the troupe. -.-;

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    So I love to mention to people that my great grandfather was big into vaudeville and was a dancer/choreographer. He was super close friends with Irving Berlin and was in one of his theater troupes.

Yesterday I learned he did blackface for the troupe. And not like, the troupe did black face, HE was the specific black face dude for the troupe. -.-;
    Don't let that ruin your image of your great grandfather. All of our ancestors did fucked up shit. The world was different then.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah, wasn't a big deal 80 years ago.