Closed Thread
Page 12 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nothing makes me feel safer than walking out to my car in the morning to find a cop sitting behind it, waiting for the clock to strike 9 so he can give me a ticket for parking in my own neighborhood on street cleaning day. Thank goodness these fine men are here to sit around staring at parked cars. I'm sure he'll get me one of these days, but today is my victory.

Oh and what's up with the front window tinting ban? I got hammered with that right after I moved here. The most expensive ticket possible is for slightly darkened windows? The fuck?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

don't tint front windows? whats so hard about that? it's so that there is no obscuring the driver/drivers view

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    driver/drivers
    Be interesting to see a car with multiple drivers.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haha that's like tinting your tail lights and wondering why you got rear ended in the bad weather at night.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

what that means is people seeing the driver, and obscuring the driver's view

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Laws prohibiting tinting front windows are largely to protect police officers when they stop a vehicle. If they can't see into the cabin they have no way of telling if the driver or passengers have weapons or if they're doing anything that might alert the officer to danger. While cops are trained to not stand right by the driver's window, in case the occupant tries to pull a gun or knife on them, being able to see into the cabin allows the officers to better assess the situation and stay safe.

Guess it depends on the location. I used to have a car with about 60% tint on the front windows and never had problems from the cops. If your car's slammed to the ground, with a gaudy paint job, neon ground effects, and a 110 dB exhaust you're going to get pulled over. Sleepers, even if they're tinted and slightly lowered are much less likely to get noticed or written up if you're at a routine road check for dui's.

But a lot of it has to do with the issuing officer(s). A few years ago in Vancouver the municipalities enacted an ordinance limiting exhaust modifications and noise from motorcycles. Almost all of the tickets written were for people riding sport bikes, even with unmodified exhausts. Guys on Harleys or other 'cruiser' bikes with fucking loud exhausts would never get stopped. VPD got a lot of flak for that after some sport bike enthusiasts groups got the media on their side, though I bet most officers will let some guy blast his harley's exhaust way above the limit and nick a sport bike just for riding about.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They have a word for "an inconsiderate person who often rides a Harley Davidsons". Rhymes with "Bag get"

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

shag sweat?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would have never associated inconsiderate pricks who ride Harleys with gay boys dancing around in the gay club. Unless they are "bears", but even then, It's the wrong association. Perhaps the word you are looking for is Dickhead? Maybe that's not right either...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I would have never associated inconsiderate pricks who ride Harleys with gay boys dancing around in the gay club. Unless they are "bears", but even then, It's the wrong association. Perhaps the word you are looking for is Dickhead? Maybe that's not right either...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F_Word_(South_Park)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I laughed. If that's the case, fag is the perfect word.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Drex
    Nothing makes me feel safer than walking out to my car in the morning to find a cop sitting behind it, waiting for the clock to strike 9 so he can give me a ticket for parking in my own neighborhood on street cleaning day. Thank goodness these fine men are here to sit around staring at parked cars. I'm sure he'll get me one of these days, but today is my victory.
    Same shit happens to me at my neighborhood and I have a decal in my back window for my POV for the local FOP. One guy actually started writing the ticket BEFORE 9 am and was waiting to stick it on my windshield. He saw me come out and as I was walking to the car he flipped the windshield wiper and was about to put it under when he saw I was in uniform. They say you can't un-write a ticket because you have to turn in the empty book after it's filled for filing purposes so he said there was nothing he could do. Of course I KNEW he could do something (write "Warning Only" on the bottom of the ticket) but he was a rookie and I felt sorry for him because he had fresh powder stains all over his jacket from the senior guys packing his air vents full of baby powder before he went out that morning. I paid it to lift his spirits a bit. Kinda double fail on my part but he doesn't ever come around my neighborhood anymore after I told him I knew a guy in his district and was gonna tell them what he did. Ah the joys of hazing...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Somehow, I didn't think cops would haze each other. Something about being responsible, etc...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Somehow, I didn't think cops would haze each other. Something about being responsible, etc...
    The police are similar to a college fraternity, except they have guns.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

There is no profession on this planet that is filled with responsible people who don't ever fuck off.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM. View Post
    The police are similar to a college fraternity, except they have guns.
    At one of the frats at my college they shot off guns at a party not realizing floors aren't solid steel and it went through and nearly killed the person on the other floor, the person was in the hospital for like a month and the fraternity got HAMMERED with sanctions.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

how is anyone that dumb? I mean... even if it was bulletproof, it would fucking ricochet back into the party. jesus christ

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I laughed. If that's the case, fag is the perfect word.
    That. If you google the exact phrase I typed it's homophabulous.

Also, frat party = I'm assuming the guy in question was absolutely snookered when discharging his weapon. Like most times the words "discharge" and "frat" meet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    how is anyone that dumb? I mean... even if it was bulletproof, it would fucking ricochet back into the party. jesus christ
    Frat guys aren't known to be the most intelligent creatures on the planet.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.chlamydiadisease.info/

I leave you with this, like Yahoo answered but concentrated retardedness.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast